The Orville

51,929 Views | 365 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Ornithopter
Liquid Wrench
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Quote:

Well the entire show is all PC and almost apologetic about most of it, but it's still good. Seth is a big time lib tool IRL, but love him on the show.
I have a lot of catching up to do on this season, but most of the lines that people were calling "PC" in the first season seemed like subtle parodies of or references to Star Trek TNG. Knowing that Seth is a huge Star Trek nerd, I didn't take much if any of that stuff as strait political commentary.
jabberwalkie09
AG
https://deadline.com/2019/05/the-orville-renewed-season-3-fox-1202612705/

Confirmed season 3 renewal.

BenFiasco14
AG
YES!!!!!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Tanya 93
I don't think this is ever coming back
DustysLineup
AG

It's happening. Only bad news is it's going to freaking Hulu, so I'll probably never see it.
Tanya 93
Harry Lime said:

It's happening. Only bad news is it's going to freaking Hulu, so I'll probably never see it.
They are starting to monitor subs or I would find a way to let you use mine.

i think they have a week free trial if you wanted to wait and binge that week.

Or we can find a way to get a 20 dollar gift card to send thru email amd that should cover it so you can read the weekly responses
DustysLineup
AG

Quote:

I'll probably do something like that at some point. I have no interest in adding any more subscriptions, and will probably drop Disney+ when my free year is up this Summer. I think I spend nearly as much time loading apps and browsing menus as I do seriously watching anything.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Harry Lime said:

Quote:

I'll probably do something like that at some point. I have no interest in adding any more subscriptions, and will probably drop Disney+ when my free year is up this Summer. I think I spend nearly as much time loading apps and browsing menus as I do seriously watching anything.

Do you have a streaming service for TV? Or cable/satellite?

Cuz cost wise Hulu+Live TV is in line with the rest of the Tv providers and you get Hulu original content included with that. Not true of any of the others (Fubo, YTTV, ATT TV, Sling etc.). And not just original content but all of their library of legacy shows to stream.

In addition they offer the Hulu+ESPN+Disney+ bundle for only $8 more when they cost an additional $14 by themselves. Also not offered by anyone else.

DustysLineup
AG
I've got direct tv and inter webs bundle. Mooch prime and Netflix from my parents' extra accounts. And I have Disney+ thru Verizon for now, and share that acct with whomever wants to use it. Also use Pluto some. So right now, I've got more than I use and am not paying for any streaming services. Cant say I'll never change, but my viewing habits are pretty habitual. Not going to admit how much I watch old shows in syndication that I've already seen a million times.
Tanya 93
I have a free year of Discovery+. I am actually going to pay for it when it expires next spring.
OKCAG02
AG
How did you get the free year? I've been wanting to try it.
Tanya 93
OKCAG02 said:

Someone posted about it on the GB and I just happened to be there.

Got it.

Posted on my FB about it and 4 friends got it as well before it stopped working.

I assume they will do this again.
They do have me hooked now since I just stream and don't have cable tv
DustysLineup
AG
OKCAG02 said:

Check through the rewards/bonuses on your cellular provider's service app. I don't know if there are still freebies to be had, but won't hurt to look.

Discover+ is the one they were pushing more recently.
DustysLineup
AG
I looked more today, and thru Verizon, I can get a Disney bundle that includes Disney+, Discovery+, and ESPN+ starting at $6/mo. Probably do that after my free promotions are over.

Aside from Star Wars and Marvel, Disney+ also has a National Geographic library that's pretty cool.
BenFiasco14
AG
https://www.instagram.com/p/CcioPLTBEnr/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

New season June 2!!!
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Ornithopter
AG
I had never watched this before, but now it is in Disney+ so I have it a go.

It's amazing. It's like TNG from when I was a kid but with flawed characters and dick jokes. I don't know how to put it, but it just feels and his right for Sci-Fi. It's cheesy say times, but earnestly so in a way that I think makes it more enjoyable.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.