Famous people you have met (not in LA or if you worked with them in showbiz)...

17,518 Views | 218 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Hogties
Raptor
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll begin:

• Harrison Ford in New Orleans - walked and chatted with him for a few minutes
  • Emmitt Smith - Fuddrucker's in Dallas (ended up spending about 45 minutes playing a horse racing game with him)
This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

Know Your Enemy
AG
Wow, this could take me all day if I included musicians. Sticking strictly to actors I've met Robert Duvall, Luke Wilson, Drew Barrymore, Jeremy Allen White (Shameless), and Joel Murray (Bill's brother who was also on Shameless).
dlp3719
AG
Danny Glover - Tulsa airport (no idea why he was there)

Jerome Bettis (eating dinner with his family at the table next to us in Atlanta restaurant. He is the widest man I have ever seen. Not fat. His shoulder width was insane.)

Allen Iverson valeting his Maybach in Atlanta.
wangus12
AG
Several patients I have are hall of fame NFL players. Lots of pro athletes in general

Only actress I know is Saoirse Ronan. Her dad and my uncle are good friends and my cousin hangs out with her when she is back in Dublin. We've gone out to pubs a few times together. Pretty cool chick. I think she lives in the States now.

Met Carrot Top at a Farmers Market in San Francisco in May.

Dad bred horses for both Clay Walker and Terry Bradshaw

Bubba Bean used to come work on our house with his construction company
c-jags
Met W while he was campaigning in San Angelo for governor.

Didn't like a lot of what he did as president (I say that as a really conservative adult), but he sat and shot the bull with the only kid at a meeting of 30 old white dudes.

We talked Rangers and Nolan Ryan for about 10 minutes. I have many complaints about his presidency, but he is one of the nicest most genuine dudes I've ever met.
mrsbeer05
AG
Ilan Mitchell-Smith ( Weird Science)- He was my Arthurian Literature prof at A&M.
TXAGFAN
AG
wangus12 said:

Several patients I have are hall of fame NFL players. Lots of pro athletes in general

Only actress I know is Saoirse Ronan. Her dad and my uncle are good friends and my cousin hangs out with her when she is back in Dublin. We've gone out to pubs a few times together. Pretty cool chick. I think she lives in the States now.

Met Carrot Top at a Farmers Market in San Francisco in May
Brooklyn is one of the best movies I've ever seen. Beautiful film.
Ag00Ag
AG
Nick Nolte - he was dove hunting with friends on a ranch outside San Antonio that I had a grass lease on for cow calfing
Lyle Lovett - took care of one of his dogs when I was in vet school
Robert earl keen- actually use to hang out with from time to time before he got big
Ronnie van zant- bought a house in the neighborhood I grew up in in Florida just a few months before the plane crash. I was just a kid though
Several SA Spurs players - most noteworthy being "the admiral"
Rick Perry - again, while I was in vet school
Charlie Hall- junction boy - also in vet school
Jackie Sherril - at the SA rodeo
Jack Nicholas - on a golf course in Austin
Kathy Ireland - literally bumped into me and spilled her drink on me at a Dave and busters in Atlanta. After she calmed her bodyguard down and convinced him it was her fault and not mine,she apologized profusely and was very nice.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Sat next to Dante Hall and Priest Holmes on a plane when they played with the Chiefs.

I've waited on a few celebs when I served tables: Rock band Skid Row, WWE wrestler Edge, Manute Bol, Tony Gonzalez, Jose Lima

My best friend went to school with the lead singer of Puddle of Mudd and I hung out with him at a party.

I pissed in a urinal next to Edward James Olmos. I wanted to say "So say we all" but chickened out.
FancyKetchup14
AG
Met Michael Che after a stand up routine in austin about 5 years ago. Way funnier then than he is now.
p_bubel
Literally bumped into Jason Priestley after one of his races. Dude was small and bounced right off.

Had the White House call my apartment in college.
Redstone
AG
I apologize for not posting since Sunday night. Some posters caught a ban during that time.

My contributions are Jason Schwartzman, Carrie Underwood, and Elijah Wood.
nai06
AG
Junkhead said:

Wow, this could take me all day if I included musicians. Sticking strictly to actors I've met Robert Duvall, Luke Wilson, Drew Barrymore, Jeremy Allen White (Shameless), and Joel Murray (Bill's brother who was also on Shameless).
Of all the musicians I've met, my favorite is Jandek
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Boarding a Southwest flight to Vegas, I passed Gary Kubiak (when he was HC of the Texans) who was seated in the front. When we got off in Vegas, we saw him and asked for a quick picture. He obliged happily (we were wearing A&M gear), we got the picture, said thank you and walked away.

While walking to the baggage pick-up area, we heard "so where are ya'll from?" from behind us. We ended up talking with him for several minutes. He was meeting some other NFL coaches to play golf at one of the resorts. He and his wife were very pleasant.

Also some Vegas brushes with famous people: passed right by Dennis Rodman and his entourage at the Mirage and saw Jay Leno filming a bit in the MGM Grand.
Al Bula
AG
Ran into Tom Berenger at like 3AM at Denny's after the Daytona 500 a few years ago. He was just chilling with his old lady. He was gracious enough to BS with us for a few minutes and laugh at our terrible Major League impressions. He also said he enjoyed learning about the Junction Boys story in prep for his role as Coach Bryant.

A very odd place and time to encounter a mega successful movie star, but he said he and his wife drove down from their home (maybe in VA?) to see the race as he is friends with a few drivers.
Sex Panther
AG
Justin Timberlake in Corpus Christi.

Very cool guy... My sister visited with Jessica Biel for quite a while and said she was also really great.
PlanoAggie
AG
Jackie Sherrill at the Fort Worth Zoo

Met and talked to Steve Wariner at the Texas Hall of Fame dance hall back in the 90's

Other celebs I've met: Gabe Bock and Jason Howell

I did high five Lenny Kravitz at a concert one time
SteveA
AG
Quote:

I pissed in a urinal next to Edward James Olmos. I wanted to say "So say we all" but chickened out.
Epic.
Dumpster Fire
Ag00Ag said:

Nick Nolte - he was dove hunting with friends on a ranch outside San Antonio that I had a grass lease on for cow calfing
Lyle Lovett - took care of one of his dogs when I was in vet school
Robert earl keen- actually use to hang out with from time to time before he got big
Ronnie van zant- bought a house in the neighborhood I grew up in in Florida just a few months before the plane crash. I was just a kid though
Several SA Spurs players - most noteworthy being "the admiral"
Rick Perry - again, while I was in vet school
Charlie Hall- junction boy - also in vet school
Jackie Sherril - at the SA rodeo
Jack Nicholas - on a golf course in Austin
Kathy Ireland - literally bumped into me and spilled her drink on me at a Dave and busters in Atlanta. After she calmed her bodyguard down and convinced him it was her fault and not mine,she apologized profusely and was very nice.

And then....
Big Cat `93
AG
Interviewed lots of fairly well known athletes and coaches in my writing days. I know a couple of the guys in Galactic Cowboys, who also played The Sons of Thunder in "Airheads."

One sports celeb everyone here knows is related to me by marriage, but he might as well be a complete stranger.
Know Your Enemy
AG
nai06 said:

Junkhead said:

Of all the musicians I've met, my favorite is Jandek
Mine was John Paul Jones. Or Lenny Kravitz. Or Steven Tyler. Or Ozzy. Or Eddie Van Halen.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Dumpster Fire said:

Ag00Ag said:

And then....

80s Guy
Shared a couple of pitchers of beer with Clay Walker and Chuck Norris at The Chicken one summer afternoon. My buddy was doing electrical work on Clay's pool and they were meeting to finalize some last details and Chuck came along to meet my buddy to get him to do some work at his ranch. Still not sure how I ended up paying for the beer since I was just there.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Talked with both Nolan Ryan and Billy Doran briefly back in the 80s when they were with the Astros. At an autograph session, so it's not like I hung out with them or anything.

RC Slocum

And then going way back and strictly A&M famous at the time, I was tossing a football with my roommate at my apartment (a dump of a place on Harvey Road across from the mall), there was a big man walking by with his gal, he came over and introduced himself as none other than Adam Bob. Shook my hand. Actually, his hand engulfed my entire hand and a good bit of my forearm.
FincAg
AG
Actually know:

Brady Smith and Tiffany Thiessen - annual family vacation in new Braunfels.

Crossed paths with:

Chris Kirkpatrick of NSYNC - Denver airport around 2005. I would not let him cut in line for breakfast at McDonalds and he was a bit vexed. I seriously had no clue who he was.

Tony Bennett - I accidentally bumped into him walking out of The Producers in 2001 on Broadway. As a polite young man, I immediately said "pardon me, sorry" without even looking to see who it was. His response was "don't worry about it". My mom was so giddy. Again I had no idea who I just bumped into.

Von Miller - DFW airport walking our sheltie, he stopped us to say hi, gig'em, and pet our dog.

MadDog99
AG
Jason Kidd - Met at Phoenix airport, probably 2009

Bill Belichick - At a friend's wedding in Nantucket. Didn't know he was going to be at the wedding, my friend kept it a secret. Ended up talking for about 30 minutes about all kinds of football stuff.

Michiel Huisman (actor from Treme/GoT) - Talked for a few minutes while going through security at New Orleans airport

Clyde Drexler - Met him a couple times, comes into my family's hardware store occasionally.
LHIOB
AG
Ive met a bunch and lots of them are pretty boring or jerks. Two of the nicer ones:

Emmie Rossum - walking down the street in New Orleans and she was walking in front of us. She was texting and not watching where she was going. A buddy reached out and stopped her before walking into a sign. She laughed it off and walked with us for a few blocks before going to a meeting with James Woods. She seemed very genuine.

Pete Rose - I left my own bachelor party early to go to Omaha for the CWS in 2011. I had blast by myself and did some crazy stuff. Sitting in the airport waiting to go home and Pete Rose sits next to me at the bar. We ended up chatting for a while and then sitting across the aisle from each other on the plane. Super nice guy and very funny. I never asked for an autograph or photo so maybe thats why he wasn't a complete ass.
Street_Cred_Norm
Way too many Atheletes to mention but I guess Derek Jeter would be the biggest to most people.
Dave Chappell
Vince vaughn- he likes to curse , a lot
Jessica simpson- she's really attractive in person
Adrien Brody- couldn't have been any nicer
Britney and JT when they were an item. JT was super cool while Britney was kinda quiet.
James woods- Had a cigar with him, super nice
EMF- they can party
Crystal Method
Lords of Acid
Marc Constanzo
Michael Alig and all the club kids
Val Kilmer- dude was awesome.
I've got more but that's enough for now...

ellebee
Sandra Bullock at a music festival in Austin.

Bushwick Bill and Scarface at a Geto Boys concert. Talked to bushwick before the show in the parking lot, during while he was at the bar and after again in the parking lot. Made scarface do "Gigem" for a pic since he did horns (or Houston sign) for the first one.

Hung out with Gregg Bingham at a friend's house to watch a Roy Jones Jr fight. His impersonation of John Madden was hilarious.
Sex Panther
AG
That's an impressive list. Would be interested to hear how Jeter is
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Bill Cosby : Around 1984, very nice (all the other stuff in recent years a different matter)
Howard Dean: 2008 very cool
Gina Davis: 1998 total biyatc*
Michael Irvin : 1991: not close enough for words, just a big smile and a wave from a distance (from him)
Ann Richards: 1990ish: very cool, great conversationalist
Faith Hill: 2008 very cool, and way hotter in person
Sheila Jackson Lee: total biyatc*
Jim Brown: Cotton Bowl came off not wanting to be bothered
80s Guy
Forgot about WWE legend Booker T at the Houston Rodeo a couple of years ago. He was walking round the Livestock barn and asked if his boy could pet my sons show heifer. Of course we said yes, and even put his son on her back for a picture. Cool guy and very sweet family.
ellebee
Forgot about Kevin Costner when he was in New Orleans filming JFK (I think).
Street_Cred_Norm
Couldn't have been nicer to a spare like me. I'm pretty good friends with a certain MLB player and they were all there at the same time. Actually spent a few minutes alone with Jeter with just some generic talk.
Hogties
AG
Music - Chuck Barry (cool guy), Steven Stills, Michael Stipe, Chris Isaac, Natalie Merchant.

Sports - Dave Henderson (he let me put on his WS ring), Dan Hampton, Jerry Jones (I got to hold one of the Lombardi trophies over my head like I was going to Disneyland), Hank Aaron, Larry Bird (he autographed a Boston Celtic stock certificate for a friend), Jackie Sherrill (he let me hold his 12th man ring), JFF.

Political - President Clinton, Hillary Clinton, Mike Huckabee, Rick Perry, Vicente Fox, King and Queen of Belgium.

Actors - Markie Post, Rob Reiner, Mary Steenburgen, Vana White, Steve Martin

Off the top of my head.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.