AHS Cult

9,402 Views | 86 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Humorous Username
TexAg2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Did anyone watch the premier tonight? I didn't see a thread on it. That has to be one of the weirdest, strangest and maybe worst hours of television I've seen in a long time. I'll probably continue to watch just to see what happens, but all I could think during most of the episode was WTH.
aggiechick
I thought I was watching a live version of an Onion article. The election made her fear clowns? Is that the premise?
TexAg2001
AG
I got the feeling that she always had a fear of clowns and was mentally unstable, but the "trauma" of Trump winning caused her to go off her meds so her fears were heightened.

I don't know about you, but I got tired of the clowns pretty quickly...
Legal Custodian
AG
I recorded it and am watching it now. 10 minutes in and I have no idea what the hell is going on.
Legal Custodian
AG
So the horror tropes they are hitting on so far are:

The extreme right and left of the political parties (The cult of politics? Blindly following parties)
Clowns
Psychotic Trips

That's all I got so far.
Sex Panther
AG
I can't believe this show is still on. But if anything deserves to be called American Horror Story it's a show with Lena Dunham
CorpsAg11
AG
I don't know why I keep watching this show. I think its b/c their promos and ads are so well done and stylish. They draw me in every time.

But I haven't liked any of them since Asylum and even that wasn't great. And this season's premise is probably thru worst idea yet.

Also the dialogue is so cringeworthy...
aTmLoKi
AG
The Purge: Television Series
atm0812
AG
The first season was incredible. I really wish they would revisit what Jessica Lange and her grandson are up to.
beanbean
That was a clusterfk of an episode last night. I give this show a chance every season and then quit at about the 3rd or 4th episode. Always keep DVRing it and then just erase it all without watching it. Loved the first season though. That's why I always try to give it the benefit of the doubt.
Chipotlemonger
AG
I enjoyed the Roanoke one more than the last other recent few. Haven't watched this Cult season yet.
Humorous Username
AG
Just finished watching this with my wife. She gives this show the benefit of the doubt EVERY season. But tonight, about 45 minutes in, she looked at me and said, "this isn't very good."
CorpsAg11
AG
brucoh said:

I give this show a chance every season and then quit at about the 3rd or 4th episode. Always keep DVRing it and then just erase it all without watching it.

Same
Humorous Username
AG
I have a theory that the writers are told strictly what to write through the Halloween episode, and after that they are given much less guidance on how the season should progress.
nashvilleaggie11
I do the same thing. I did watch Haunted House, New Orleans and Circus in its entirety but never coule make it through the others.
ellebee
Good. Lord. I've always been loyal to this show for some reason and make it through each season but this one might be tough.
Al Bula
AG
I'll give this season a few more episodes... but this one is strange... also the nanny is Carrie Fisher's daughter. And funny someone mentioned Lena Dunham. Appears she will be on at some point this season.
ellebee
God I hope not.
Clavell
AG
Well, just watched first two episodes. Agree wondering if the onion directed this series or maybe the South Park guys. Just about hit every political stereotype of a naive far left and a racist far right. The only scary part so far is that Hollywood actually believes the U.S. is like this. Left - innocently good, Right - not just bad, but evil
ellebee
2nd episode was better IMO. My liberal neighbor thought it made liberals look bad. I'm like "are we even watching the same show?"
Humorous Username
AG
After that second episode, I am going to try to make it through the Halloween episode. This season just doesn't do it for me.
beanbean
Still watching. Still have no idea what the fk is going on.
CorpsAg11
AG
I've got to admit... after a less than promising first episode, I am enjoying this season more than I thought I would. Sarah Paulson and her lesbo wife are still annoying as hell, but that was obviously on purpose.

A few observations:

I think they were pretty clearly trying to hint something weird going on with the therapist. Wouldn't be surprised if he was moonlighting as a killer clown or chemical sprayer..

I actually think Paulson's wife is in on it somehow too. That's how the clowns always know when she is alone.

The chemical sprayer thing is weird. I have no idea what's going on there.
ScottBowen
AG
Couldn't make it through five minutes of the first episode. This is beyond unwatchable.
ellebee
It does seem to be improving. I've been thinking the wife was in on it too. Hope it all comes together. The first episode, I thought the guy with the blue hair was beyond ridiculous. He's actually becoming an interesting character.
Tanya 93
Mayfair-Richards sounds like Mayfair Witches.

Is Murphy an Anne Rice fan?

I will lose it if a Lasher or Rowan ends up as the name of a character.
Humorous Username
AG
My wife when watching the most recent episode: "These women should not be parents. They lose track of their son more than Rick did with Carl in Walking Dead."
Al Bula
AG
I can't find any sympathy in these characters. I kinda wonder if this anthology is Sarah Paulson being a schizophrenic person since she is in every season...
Tanya 93
Well, the plot thickens and gets more and more disturbing

Evan Peters is an awesome talent.
CorpsAg11
AG
Yea that was a solid episode because it focused so much on Evan Peters and not Sarah Paulson...
Tanya 93
CorpsAg11 said:

Yea that was a solid episode because it focused so much on Evan Peters and not Sarah Paulson...
Completely agree.

All she does is scream.

But her wife just got a lot more interesting.
Clavell
AG
Have to look back at the clown scenes, should be easier to match clown with characters now that know most of players.
MooreTrucker
AG
The only episode I've ever watched of this show had Stevie Nicks singing "Riannon".
CorpsAg11
AG
MooreTrucker said:

The only episode I've ever watched of this show had Stevie Nicks singing "Riannon".

I hated that season so much. A lot of people liked it.
Post removed:
by user
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.