****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,430 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Fenrir
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
swc93 said:

Could have been worse...Drogon could have spoke.
& sounded a lot like Sean Connery.
Cepe
AG
bthomas98 said:

BowSowy said:

Cepe said:

A few of my thoughts:

1) I'm good with Bran being king. It's called Game of Thrones and he played the game better than anyone.

2) I don't think D&D knew Bran was the one until later in the series and thought "oh ****" and had to figure out how to make it happen.

3) I think they tried to have a huge plot twist at the end with Bran but executed it poorly.

4) I think they got lost in over-directing the final season (11 straight weeks of filming every night for the Long Night!!) and lost track of the actual story line when they had to edit it together.
How? His character was laughably useless almost the entire series. He didn't scheme, he didn't build relationships. He didn't play anything in the show

Haha. He won the Survivor jury vote by being near the actual game players but not pissing off any of the jury
Exactly.

His whole "I'm the 3 eyed raven - I can't be a Lord or anything else" lie misdirection was perfect. He stayed behind the scenes while getting the others to wipe each other out. Played perfectly IMO.
CE Lounge Lizzard
AG
annie88 said:

Some of the best leaders in history have been the reluctant ones not the ones that want the power.
Some are born great, some achieve greatness and some have greatness thrust upon them.
BenFiasco14
AG
South Park called the GoT ending over a decade ago

CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
ac04
whoops, language
wangus12
AG
Captain Obvious right here

Liquid Wrench
ac04 said:

whoops, language
Too late. I already screen capped it and sent it to Staff because I disagreed with something you posted earlier.
wangus12
AG
L1TexAg95
AG
My favorite show of all time but I really have to say I thought the whole last season felt very rushed and I don't understand why. Maybe they are just tired of making the show. Seemed that way to me... I really didn't like the ending. Once Dani was out of the picture the only choice should have been Jon.

Oh well, waited a lot longer than 18 months for the Deadwood ending so maybe that will be better.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
I think at the end of it all it maybe even post credits they coulda had Dany lying somewhere in the snow and all the sudden she opens her eyes with lit eyes (blue or red) and then gone to black. That woulda been an ending people found more satisfying. Also leaves door open for this show to try again.
trueaggie2782
AG
Anyone else think Drogon is going to be using Danny's corpse as a snack on his way home? I mean, he's gonna need extra energy to make it all the way across the sea.

Edit: Plus, she comes with a tiny toothpick (sorta like a martini olive) in case some meat gets stuck in his teeth.
OnlyForNow
AG
Even if that's not how the books go, that would have been a neat twist; but probably not well received.
Liquid Wrench
wangus12 said:

Captain Obvious right here

That was the line that came the closest to making me laugh all season.

Special insight learned in the house of black and white finally being put on display in KL.
Fenrir
I don't know, Tyrion being excluded from Sam's book for reasons unknown was pretty unintentionally funny as well. I'm not sure there is a single individual that made more of an impact on the war of the 5 Kings as Tyrion. It makes zero sense to exclude him.
BowSowy
AG
I'm surprised I haven't seen a comment about how many freakin Dothraki and Unsullied were at the steps of the RK when Dany channeled her inner Hitler.
Liquid Wrench
Maybe I'm giving too much credit, but I thought the Tyrion bit was actually intentional. Gave Bronn something else to smirk at.
trueaggie2782
AG
BowSowy said:

I'm surprised I haven't seen a comment about how many freakin Dothraki and Unsullied were at the steps of the RK when Dany channeled her inner Hitler.

Then you haven't read the whole thread.
Fenrir
It was meant as a joke. It was just funny for a reason they didn't intend. Putting a big bang theory level joke in game of thrones was not the best writing choice.
Liquid Wrench
BowSowy said:

I'm not sure how you missed those comments.

No one knows and the people defending that are making up their own reasons.
benchmark
AG
Fenrir said:

I don't know, Tyrion being excluded from Sam's book for reasons unknown was pretty unintentionally funny as well. I'm not sure there is a single individual that made more of an impact on the war of the 5 Kings as Tyrion. It makes zero sense to exclude him.
Especially since his speech helped decide the new King! Tyrion probably was in more scenes over the course of the series than any other actor...just bizarre.
Old Tom Morris
Thank goodness that Dinklage is completely nails as an actor, because as much as some hate this final episode, it could have been far, far worse without his skill. He got handed quite a bit of shaky dialogue and bad logic, but overall, he made it work as well as anyone could. His skill vs. Kit's was glaring in their scenes, particularly the first jail visit.

He made such a mark on this series.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Maybe I'm giving too much credit, but I thought the Tyrion bit was actually intentional. Gave Bronn something else to smirk at.
But is it a joke on Tyrion or a joke on the audience?
Liquid Wrench
Wasn't Tyrion in the top 2 for most words spoken going into this season?
Old Tom Morris
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

I think at the end of it all it maybe even post credits they coulda had Dany lying somewhere in the snow and all the sudden she opens her eyes with lit eyes (blue or red) and then gone to black. That woulda been an ending people found more satisfying. Also leaves door open for this show to try again.
I was actually wondering if we might see a couple of young white walkers watching the free folk from afar at the end. Glad they didn't go there, but I was ruling out nothing.
Twice an Aggie
AG
See, I still think there are major plot holes and things that make no sense...but I would have 100% been more satisfied with what you suggest...
SpreadsheetAg
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

I've made a whole new thread for the final standings of the Game of Game of Thrones contest, since this thread is going so quickly. But for those around, here it is. Congrats,Geoff!

All hail Geoff H., King of the Contest, Lord of the Manor, Queen of my Double-Wide Trailer, and Champion of the Season 8 Game of Game of Thrones Champion. Geoff broke a three-way tie for first by earning 10 points with his prediction that there would be 1 dragon left to end the season, and that was the difference Sunday night as he finished with 112 points. Texas Aggie '99 finished second, jumping from fifth with 106 points, followed by AgSquirrel97, who led the contest after every week but this one, SpreadSheetAg and Sam S all tied at 105.

A huge commendation goes to Coach RTM, the Bronn of this contest. Two weeks ago he had 35 points, and he finished with 99, one of just a handful of players to record 20+ points on the final episode. Cheers to all who played, and I'll see you back here in September for the "This is Us" Pick'em.

1) Geoff H. 112

2) Texas Aggie '99 106

3) AgSquirrel97 105
Spreadsheet Ag 105
Sam S 105

6) Coach RTM 99

7) Brian Earl Spilner 93

8) wangus12 92

9) Walton Loads 91

10) Urban Ag 89

11) oldag00 88

12) Derek J. 86

13) Andy W. 82

14) Rex Racer 81

15) Myles Moore 80

16) TxRunner97 73
Saint Arnold 73
ChipolteMonger 73

Iron Throne - Someone Else (+10)
# of remaining dragons - 1 (+10)
Flashbacks - No (+10)
Death Pool - Dany (+3)

I call for a recount!!!!! (kidding, 3rd place ain't bad)

But if you are below me on the list, I am putting you on IGNORE for a week
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Even Vegas got the prediction right about Bran being king.
I finally went over to r/freefolk and read a summary of leaks/spoilers and the dates on which they first appeared on redit.

The Vegas odds were a joke. Internet posters and YouTubers laying out "theories" about Jon killing Dany and Bran taking the throne were a joke.

Leaks were filtering out long before the season came to air. Do not be impressed by any brilliant predictions.

The night is dark and full of a-holes.
trueaggie2782
AG
benchmark said:

Fenrir said:

Especially since his speech helped decide the new King! Tyrion probably was in more scenes over the course of the series than any other actor...just bizarre.

Don't know how true it is but I saw a "GOT fact" posted this morning that said Tyrion is the only character in every episode of GOT.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Most of those supposed facts you see posted on social media are completely made up.

Just one example is the Battle of Castle Black episode.
trueaggie2782
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

"Ding dong the ***** is dead!"
trueaggie2782
AG
Not sure where I saw it but it wouldn't have been social media. Not surprised that it's not true.
Max Power
AG
While not a perfect ending, what a hell of a ride! This is my favorite series of all time, what HBO was able to accomplish is really incredible. This thread is over 14k posts strong...for season 8 alone, I'm not doing the research for the other seasons but if there's anything else on this board in that territory I'm at a loss.
Pretty easy to see that D&D were on their best game when the subject material was already hashed out. I'm sure GRRM gave them some high points of what's coming but I agree they definitely didn't have this thing together for the last 2 seasons.
But the main thing I'm happy with is the acting, they nailed the cast 100%, I don't think I would recast anyone. Whoever cast this series needs to be involved in the spinoff, because that's the main thing they did correctly, it's the strength of the show beyond anything else. They put the right actors in the right roles, heroes and villains alike.
I hope the last two seasons of this show can get GRRM to finish the books, I feel like the only way that happens is if he's writing them concurrently. If he's only been writing Winds of Winter and nothing else there's no way we ever see A Dream of Spring.
I need to read A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms and Fire and Blood, after that I'll watch the series again. I need some time to grieve first.
First Page Last Page
Page 406 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.