****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,408 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggierogue said:

Sex Panther said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

Sex Panther said:

AustinAg2K said:

How is Sam not in the Night's Watch anymore?

There is no Night's Watch
Did you miss the last 30 minutes of this episode?

If you or anyone else thinks there's still a Night's Watch and didn't get it... I don't know what to tell you. It's already been touched upon. Bran and Tyrion sent him there to let him be free and go north of the wall. Whatever is left of the Night's Watch is just the few who didn't die and the remaining Wildlings who are hanging out up there.

They don't care about the vow anymore so Sam can go do whatever he wanted. Their job was to protect the wall, and keep out the Army of the Dead and Wildlings. So now their watch has ended.

Plus Sam was studying to be a Maester, and Bran needed a Maester. Pretty sure the King can have that kind of pull.

So why does Tyrion tell Jon (alone) that he one day see him again because after 5 years (as the hand) he might want to piss off the wall at the edge of the world?

I get what you're saying, but I think dismissing the idea that there is still a night's watch is a big assumption on your part. Most south of the wall didnt believe in WWs or a Night King when the show started. So why have a wall then in the first place?

So if you are Bran - and your brother is being held by a militaristic but simple minded tyrant who only gets the concept of justice and punishment and you want your brother freed cuz he did the right thing.

And you know everything so you know there really is no CB or NW any more. But you can convince this dimwit that it is a lifetime punishment instead of just setting him free.

Are you gonna tell Tyrion that and ruin it potentially? Or let Tyrion believe it too.

It's best if everyone believes it really.

I took that as a smooth move by a king that knows all. When does Bran ever tell anyone anything up front. He usually holds back 90% of everything unless it has already happened. the dude was just sitting there smirking waiting for them to make him the king - and he came there because of it.

TxSquarebody
Waltonloads08 said:

Bazooka Joe said:

How are they going to have a civilized city of Kings Landing full of Dothraki who are only interested in rape, pillage, murder, and rape?

"You said rape twice"

"I like rape"
hbc07
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Fine. The WW destroyed it down the line but not literally at CB. Please explain the rest of the dialogue from the episode and try to tell me we should assume Brian & Tyrion were pulling one over on Grey Worm to appease him.
I never said they were and didn't comment on anything else you posted. There have just been multiple people referencing the wall already being rebuilt in the last few pages, and I'm just trying to point out that it wasn't rebuilt in that spot since it was never destroyed.
Prime0882
AG
Muy said:

Anyone else see the subtle shot at the 2016 election where the leaders laugh at the idea of a popular vote selecting who leads?

No, because I don't look to be offended politically in every facet of popular culture.
Humorous Username
AG
Calling it now...

Lady Stoneheart ends up on the Iron Throne in the books.
Muy
AG
JRC0811 said:

Muy said:

Anyone else see the subtle shot at the 2016 election where the leaders laugh at the idea of a popular vote selecting who leads?

No, because I don't look to be offended politically in every facet of popular culture.

Then you complete missed how that exchange went down, and the purpose of it. Offended? Who said I was offended?
Old Tom Morris
Overall, I'm fine with the plot outline of the past 2 seasons (i.e. the overall concepts of where the story went and how it wrapped). They just had a lot of issues executing it, partly by not having George RR writing the dialogue and developing the characters anymore. It wasn't all crap by any means IMO. I thought last season was a very fun ride even though it required needing to overlook how fast they could go north and south.

And I'm not one of those that thinks this is the worst season finale ever. But there was quite a bit of bad dialogue IMO, with some of the most critical being from Jon and his internal conflict - the scene with Tyron followed by the Dany scene. Such a pivotal moment and it just came off a little George Lucas-y.
Fightin_Aggie
AG
So if Bran would have kept his mouth shut about Jon's lineage would Jon and Danny lived as well as most of King's Landing?

Was the TER setting up his bro?
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
gigemJTH12
AG
Has anyone brought up the fact that Pod is now Ser Pod???
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Also, the Nights Watch hadn't been a force against the Army of the Dead for so long everyone thought it was a fairy tale. The whole point of the NW in the eyes of the world was "a home for *******s and broken men" as Tyrion put it. It's point was a jail sentence for those who went there. The same goes for Jon as that's what the Unsullied agreed to. It just so happens that Bran and Tyrion know it will be a true home for Jon.

As for Sam, he was given permission by the Lord Commander (Jon) to go study to be a maester. He's kinda breaking an oath by not coming back but I'm sure at this point no one cares and Bran knows he'd make a great Grand Maester.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
So Bran was right where he wanted to be, which means he knew Dany was going to burn through King's Landing and massacre all those people. And he didn't do anything. Sounds like a great guy, good king material
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Then Jon is banished to the nights watch in the north (which has no point of existing), to avoid a fight with the unsullied... but the unsullied just leave anyway, so couldn't Sansa just let Jon off since the Wall is part of the North and she's Queen up there?

I take it for granted that Jon will be relatively free in the North, but he's out of line for the throne and will not be able to continue a legitimate Targaryen line, which none of the other lords of Westeros would want anyway. So Greyworm probably is not the only person who needed to be satisfied about Jon's disposition.
Dro07
AG
He played the game
mazzag
AG
It's ovah!
Bunk Moreland
I get where he ultimately ended and where they wanted him to end, but how they took him there was absolutely not set up to suppose they knew it would be the case.

The only way is to once again assume Bran knew what would ultimately happen to Jon up there when he got there. Which I will accept. But that's where my overall issues with the lack of character arc of Bran is truly what brought the show down.

And it's funny because I wanted to see the fireside chat between him and Tyrion and was basically laughed at on the thread for wanting that.
Liquid Wrench

Quote:

Then you complete missed how that exchange went down, and the purpose of it. Offended? Who said I was offended?

Please read my reply to you at the top of this page, friend.
bangobango
AG
Muy said:

You realize Trump lost the popular vote, right?
Bunk Moreland
Fair point. I retract my previous statement regarding burning the wall and projecting it to the entire thing
Muy
AG
That's my point, they laughed at the notion that the people could rightfully elect a leader, it was up to the rich and powerful to decide that.
Prime0882
AG
Muy said:

JRC0811 said:

Muy said:

I've a feeling your outlook on life doesn't extend much beyond politics and getting your Jimmy's rustled.

The timeframe GRRM modeled this in (War of the Roses was a big influence) wasn't big into the idea of letting peasants vote for a ruler. Think that's a much easier correlation than the 2016 election.
Xiuh
For all the Howland Reed fanatics, I believe he was there at the council of kingdoms. The guy sitting next to Sam looked like a grizzled old version of the actor who played Howland Reed in the tower of joy scene. And he didnt strike me as anyone else that he could be, or at least that I could remember.
PatAg
AG
annie88 said:

If I'm wrong I'm wrong but I think that's a simplistic comparison. But if you wanna get upset about it feel free.
It's hilarious that you think you see all these subtleties of the writers and it makes you smart, yet you are incapable of actually seeing a reference that actually happened in the show.
Muy
AG
Believe what you want to believe if it makes you feel better.
Old Tom Morris
Can't wait until the Master of Coin funds a KL half pipe in the rebuild

Prime0882
AG
Muy said:

Believe what you want to believe if it makes you feel better.

Do some research and refute what I said instead of being insufferable.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Xiuh said:

For all the Howland Reed fanatics, I believe he was there at the council of kingdoms. The guy sitting next to Sam looked like a grizzled old version of the actor who played Howland Reed in the tower of joy scene. And he didnt strike me as anyone else that he could be, or at least that I could remember.

Ok, I'll be accepting apologies. Line forms here.
GreasenUSA
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Has anyone brought up the fact that Pod is now Ser Pod???
Yeah I think they did at the end of the episode.
PooDoo
AG
Imagine how different this story ends if Arya decided Podrick would be her first.
G Martin 87
AG
FightinTexasAg15 said:

So Bran was right where he wanted to be, which means he knew Dany was going to burn through King's Landing and massacre all those people. And he didn't do anything. Sounds like a great guy, good king material
There is a perfectly logical answer for this. Bran can see the future, not multiple timeline possibilities. He sees what will actually happen. Warning anyone about it is useless because the future has already happened the way he saw it. He's not Dr. Strange or Dr. Brown.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

annie88 said:

Sex Panther said:

AustinAg2K said:

Yup. How are so many not getting this?

They made an empty gesture that would satisfy the simple minded Grey Worm.

That's it.

Except the wall was rebuilt when we saw it & there were multiple lines of dialogue refuting it directly in the episode...

Tyrion talks to Jon about a piss.

Tyrion halfway questions the decision because he won't be able to marry or have kids.

Jon tells Arya to come visit him there because none of the men are manly enough to do something to Arya if she breaks the rules and goes up there.

But yeah, other than the entire episode saying otherwise, let's retcon that to supposing Bran & Tyrion had a wink wink and knew they were setting Jon free.

Honestly I wish they had played it that way but they absolutely did not.

Absolutely no retcon needed..... if Bran knew and nobody else did. I said they but it might just be Bran. I mean he does literally know all that is happening at the time (he said).

Tyrion, Sansa, etc. would then act just as we saw thinking it was real too.

And I get everything they showed including the very few NW men left.

But a sentence to the NW that immediately then proceeds thru the gates and into the wild with a smile on his face is not a punishment of any kind.

As for the wall....the wall did not fall at Castle Black. So no the wall was not rebuilt. The wall fell at Eastwatch where Tormund and Edd were in S7 E7.

Well maybe the producers will comment on this - I could see it either way I suppose but I believe it was a fake punishment.

Liquid Wrench
Nice remembrance tonight of a great character, Maester Aemon:

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Sex Panther said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

Sex Panther said:

AustinAg2K said:

Did you miss the last 30 minutes of this episode?

If you or anyone else thinks there's still a Night's Watch and didn't get it... I don't know what to tell you. It's already been touched upon. Bran and Tyrion sent him there to let him be free and go north of the wall. Whatever is left of the Night's Watch is just the few who didn't die and the remaining Wildlings who are hanging out up there.

They don't care about the vow anymore so Sam can go do whatever he wanted. Their job was to protect the wall, and keep out the Army of the Dead and Wildlings. So now their watch has ended.

Plus Sam was studying to be a Maester, and Bran needed a Maester. Pretty sure the King can have that kind of pull.
Straight from Tyrions mouth:
"Our new king has chosen to send you to the Nights Watch. You will take no wife, hold no lands, and father no children."

If that's not enough for you I don't know what to tell you...

Why do you assume Tyrion would know - perhaps it was Bran's intention to be discreet?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

Fine. The WW destroyed it down the line but not literally at CB. Please explain the rest of the dialogue from the episode and try to tell me we should assume Brian & Tyrion were pulling one over on Grey Worm to appease him.
I have. Assume it's Bran. Not Tyrion nor anyone else. Bran knows all and says little.
La Bamba
AG
dromo07 said:

He played the game
Exactly why Bran felt it was so necessary that Jon know his true lineage. He knew Jon would sabotage himself (cause I mean, he's Jon) and ruin the good thing he had going with Dany. Then Bran would get the iron throne t himself. It was all part of the plan and Bran was just playing 4D chess.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Xiuh said:

Ok, I'll be accepting apologies. Line forms here.

Like Is aid there was one guy I did not recognize.

Would love to find out who it was.
First Page Last Page
Page 395 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.