****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,657 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Finale title is "The Iron Throne".

How is it not "A Dream of Spring"?
Because they ended Winter like 4 episodes too early
aggierogue
AG
Sex Panther said:

OldShadeOfBlue said:

Sex Panther said:

AustinAg2K said:

How is Sam not in the Night's Watch anymore?

There is no Night's Watch
Did you miss the last 30 minutes of this episode?

If you or anyone else thinks there's still a Night's Watch and didn't get it... I don't know what to tell you. It's already been touched upon. Bran and Tyrion sent him there to let him be free and go north of the wall. Whatever is left of the Night's Watch is just the few who didn't die and the remaining Wildlings who are hanging out up there.

They don't care about the vow anymore so Sam can go do whatever he wanted. Their job was to protect the wall, and keep out the Army of the Dead and Wildlings. So now their watch has ended.

Plus Sam was studying to be a Maester, and Bran needed a Maester. Pretty sure the King can have that kind of pull.

So why does Tyrion tell Jon (alone) that he one day see him again because after 5 years (as the hand) he might want to piss off the wall at the edge of the world?

I get what you're saying, but I think dismissing the idea that there is still a night's watch is a big assumption on your part. Most south of the wall didnt believe in WWs or a Night King when the show started. So why have a wall then in the first place?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
dmart90 said:

Thought it was a decent ending. Not great and not terrible. Was a much happier ending than I expected.

ditto..... after where it was and the complete unknown. it worked mostly.

yes it was all rushed.

and yes it was obviously reverse engineered and for that it suffered some ugly warts. the most glaring being:

Rhaegal's death just to not have a 2nd dragon for Jon
Jamie's swift reversal just to get him with Cersei for that sappy crap
mishandling Jamie as a captive as just a reason for Tyrions betrayal

A 10 episode season of the same result with where Dany's turn given more validity and reasons and a slower descent and you fix those thing above and Arya's kill of the NK and it would have been really really good.
JABQ04
AG
Humorous Username said:

Bronn being on the show was just a "current day" version of how everyone else's houses started. By being in the right place, at the right time (which was when the entire continent was in upheaval). Hell, he talked about it a couple of episodes ago.

You couldn't have this much strife, and NOT see a new house get formed.

And killing the right people!
annie88
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Howland Reed should've been at that election council.
Howland was a dyckhead .
La Bamba
AG
mazzag said:

La Bamba said:

CoachRTM said:

For the record, Jon Snow would have made a terrible King of the Seven Kingdoms.
And for the record, so does Bran.

Why?
The dude is mentally checked out. And goes as far to say it in Season 8 Episode 4:

"You don't want it?" Tyrion to Bran, after telling him he is rightfully the Lord of Winterfell.
"I don't really want anymore." Bran
"I envy you." Tyrion
"You shouldn't envy me. Mostly I live in the past." Bran

The guy has no human connection. And with all his seer and omnipotent powers, he didn't intervene in the events that led to the destruction of an entire city. That of which he knew were going to happen given by his response to Tyrion in Episode 6 - "why did you think I came all the way down here?"

Also, he stated earlier in the series (Season 7 maybe) that he could not be the Lord of anything due to him being the 3ER.

"You're father's last living true-born son," Sansa says. "You're Lord of Winterfell."

"I can never be Lord of Winterfell," Bran replies simply. "I can never be lord of anything. I'm the Three-Eyed Raven."
JABQ04
AG
So the nights watch was wiped out at BoW but Dothraki and Unsullied only took a handful of casualties. Or did only a small amount of NW come with Edd?
BenFiasco14
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Howland Reed should've been at that election council.
Strong Belwas too.

Speaking of that, no way Barristan dies in the books like he did in the show right? That was cheap af...

I know that's an ancient take at this point but still grinds my gears
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
reb,
AG
annie88
AG
You're the one that's making the Hitler comparisons. I would've never brought that comparison up. So get that out of your mind and let the whole Hitler Nazi thing go.

Danny was not the altruistic Savior that she appeared to be to someif you watch the whole series. It's there all along.

Don't agree with me I don't care. If you want to think of it in a different way fine I'm just telling you she didn't just change characters at the very end.
Old Tom Morris
Quote:

"I can never be Lord of Winterfell," Bran replies simply. "I can never be lord of anything...
"Except for King of the 7, wait no, 6 Kingdoms, my little bich" [/Bran as he hops out of his chair and then moonwalks across the throne room]
G Martin 87
AG
JJxvi said:

I still cant really believe that in a show filled with some of the worst **********s, they made one of their 8 season long protagonists into Hitler. I understand the turn, but did it need that kind of oomph?
Yes, absolutely. Jon wouldn't have killed her over less.
annie88
AG
I really thought Brienne was going to say that Jamie was gonna be the father of her baby there at the end. I really thought it was gonna say something about her being pregnant.
Sex Panther
AG
ATM1876 said:

Ser Jaime Lannister

Squired for Barriston Selmy against the Kingwood Outlaws. Knighted and named to the Kingsguard in his sixteenth year for valour in the field: At the Sack of Kings Landing, murdered his King, Aerys the second at the foot of the Iron Throne: Pardoned by King Robert Baratheon:
Thereafter known as the Kingslayer:
After the murder of King Joffrey I by Tyrion Lannister, served under King Tommen I:
Captured in the field at the Whispering Wood:
Set free by Lady Catelyn Stark in return for an oath to find and guard her two daughters:
Lost his

Took Riverrun from the Tully rebels, without loss of life.
Lured the Unsullied into attacking Casterly Rock, sacrificing his childhood home in service to a greater strategy.
Outwitted the Targaryen forces to seize Highgarden. Fought at the Battle of the Goldroad bravely, narrowly escaping death by dragonfire.
Pledged himself to the forces of men and rode north to join them at Winterfell, alone.
Faced the Army of the Dead, and defended the castle against impossible odds until the defeat of the Night King. Escaped imprisonment and rode south in an attempt to save the capital from destruction.
Died protecting his Queen.

This was my favorite part of the episode
Broba Fett
BenFiasco14 said:

So... who thinks the prequels are going to be Caprica-level dog**** quality?

**** the prequels. Give me the further adventures of Jon, Tormund and Ghost
No Bat Soup For You
AG
Can't believe the night king ended up on the lava throne.
annie88
AG
And knocked up Ser Brienne
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
chase128 said:

Did anyone notice the blade of grass sticking out of the snow north of the Wall? I guess winter is truly over and the free folk will have a nice country to live in soon.

Climate Change.

Some places get colder and wetter. Some get dryer and warmer.

The North is the new Dorne.

Beezy2389
AG
From Reddit, unofficial Honeycomb and Jackass joke ending.

Tyrion walks into a brothel with a honeycomb and a jackass. Madame: What can we do for you? Tyrion: I need a woman to lay with, for mine has left me. Madame: Whatever for? And what's with the honeycomb and the mule? Tyrion: My woman found a genie in a bottle, and he granted her three wishes. The first was for a house fit for a queen, so he gave her this damn honeycomb. The second wish was that she have the nicest ass in all the land, so he gave her this damn donkey... Madame: And what about the third wish? Tyrion: Well... she asked the genie to make my cock hang down past my knee. Madame: Well that one's not so bad eh? Tyrion: Not so bad!? I used to be six foot three!

JJxvi
AG
annie88 said:

You're the one that's making the Hitler comparisons. I would've never brought that comparison up. So get that out of your mind and let the whole Hitler Nazi thing go.

Danny was not the altruistic Savior that she appeared to be to someif you watch the whole series. It's there all along.

Don't agree with me I don't care. If you want to think of it in a different way fine I'm just telling you she didn't just change characters at the very end.
Trust me, the show made the Hitler comparison. Some may not recognize it, but those were the visuals.
Joe Cole
Always kind of thought that "Bran" being chapter 1 of the first book meant something

Overall poor ending. The fact they let a nobody like Grey Worm decide what happens to Jon was horrible and then they just leave Westeros...

Jon being Aegon Targ essentially meant nothing and wasn't even mentioned at the final meeting...wtf

edit - also do you really think Unsullied would let Jon live for the weeks it took for everybody to travel in for the meet and greet? That whole transition/setup from Dany death to meeting was awful

Madmarttigan
AG
The Dog Lord said:

annie88 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Are there going to be prequels?

One begins production this year. It's about the Long Night/Age of Heroes. Hopefully we get more info on the White Walkers. The other two are still in development.

lol except you realize the white walkers don't even effin matter in the end...

Maybe they will give us the epic white walker storyline that we never got here, and how they ended up in hiding for so long north of the wall.

aggierogue
AG
Joe Cole said:

Always kind of thought that "Bran" being chapter 1 of the first book meant something

Overall poor ending. The fact they let a nobody like Grey Worm decide what happens to Jon was horrible and then they just leave Westeros...

Jon being Aegon Targ essentially meant nothing and wasn't even mentioned at the final meeting...wtf

This!
Big Al 1992
AG
I liked most of this season even when folks here were bagging on eps 3 4 and 5.

But this was bad.

Seinfeld finale>>>> G of T finale.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
annie88 said:

Quote:

I understand her heel turn, and what she became and the reasons why
Don't think you really do.

If you go back and rewatch the whole series you'll see many times she was very vengeful. She also stated many times that she would basically burn it down in the end. You were seeing what you wanted to see.

because of this metoo women have to be right and powerful bull**** that's going on right now, some made her into something she want. It was there all along. Go back and rewatch the series and you'll see it.

I didn't suddenly just make her like Hitler. She didn't just change in the last three episodes of the show.

She started out with the right intentions but all along the way as Tyrion explained in the last episode, she did things as a ways to an end. If you don't agree that's fine but it's all laid out there and eight seasons.

Don't Get me wrong, I liked the character too, she did a lot of good, but never hesitated or had regret for killing large quantities of people when it suited her.
Bro, I've watched this series more than you can probably count, and I definitely believe her burning a city to the ground was out of character and unearned. Everything she did was done with a sense of morality. She slaughtered slavers BECAUSE of the people they imprisoned. She crucified the Masters BECAUSE of the children they themselves crucified. She burned the Khal's alive because of the oppression they caused to all those around them. Every terrible thing she did up until burning the Tarleys was in the hand of justice. That was the first moment that was out of character for her.

They tried but didn't clearly explain what would lead her to murdering innocent people like women and children. In fact you could argue they setup the opposite when she went through the heartbreak of locking up her dragons after they killed a little girl in Mareen. And in the end after slaugheting thousands she has no remorse and her excuse is "Cersei made me do it".

Now, I think it all could have worked had maybe a few more steps been involved. More to explain her fear over love and morality philosophy. But it wasn't all there for me to really agree with it.
annie88
AG
JJxvi said:

annie88 said:

Trust me, the show made the Hitler comparison.
Good grief. No, they didn't. But if you want to believe it so badly, then fine.
La Bamba
AG
JJxvi said:

annie88 said:

Trust me, the show made the Hitler comparison.
Agree, there were definite connections to the Nazi's when Dany was giving her speech.
Old Tom Morris
They had a little dab of ash on Dany's upper lip but decided that was too much.
annie88
AG
Agree to disagree.
gigemJTH12
AG
One of the funniest tweets I've ever seen

Bunk Moreland
CoachRTM said:

For the record, Jon Snow would have made a terrible King of the Seven Kingdoms.

Except he finally did the ultimate. Jon always did 'what was right' and this was the hardest (sacrificing love). Varys also made the statement that Jon would have been the best to rule the 7 kingdoms. Killing Dany should have been the ultimate hurdle that prepared him to be a great ruler.

But whatever. Finale was **** but only because of the 5 eps that led up to it forced it to be.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
annie88 said:

Sex Panther said:

AustinAg2K said:

How is Sam not in the Night's Watch anymore?

There is no Night's Watch
Yup. How are so many not getting this?

They made an empty gesture that would satisfy the simple minded Grey Worm.

That's it.

annie88
AG
The Dog Lord said:

annie88 said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Are there going to be prequels?

One begins production this year. It's about the Long Night/Age of Heroes. Hopefully we get more info on the White Walkers. The other two are still in development.
Interesting. Good to hear.
BarKeep_03
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

One of the funniest tweets I've ever seen

Exact question I asked - "How does she know that?"
First Page Last Page
Page 393 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.