****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,025 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I agree... I never expected it to really. Just an observation on that theme.
Ragoo
AG
redd38 said:

I didn't hate the episode, but I hate the choice for king. He's the least interesting character
in a way he chose himself.
PatAg
AG
Tell whatever story you want, just do it well. They failed that objective for a few seasons now, and I have no faith that their star wars series will be good unless they are not the ones doing the writing
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
That was one big bag of awful
FriendlyAg
Besides the snow in king's Landing, I actually thought it was the best episode this season.

Jon finally grew some balls and did the right thing. Glad bran was important in some way, I guess ha. Sansa was weird. Arya didn't bother me at all. She can't settle down.

Jon didn't have to be king and still didn't have to die. Knights watch is just exile now, which I'm fine with.

I actually thought it was really well done. People will hate it because it's not how they wrote the ending in their head but that's ok.
Post removed:
by user
chiken
AG
The fact that drogon allowed Jon into the castle was a big heads up he trusted or understood his power. And I think the fact that he didn't burn him alive is because of that. Amirite?
La Bamba
AG
I hate how Bran's every comment is "I know. I knew all of this was going to happen."

Perhaps if he would have actually contributed with his super powers, he could have, oh I don't know, prevented the mass genocide of an entire city?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, the Stark theme is just too good. I love it.
Bunk Moreland
Good Aggie Hunting said:

An idea for the spinoff show: Arya's adventures west of Westoros.

Has already been mentioned all over the internet. She arrives ashore in Westworld.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
chiken said:

The fact that drogon allowed Jon into the castle was a big heads up he trusted or understood his power. And I think the fact that he didn't burn him alive is because of that. Amirite?

Agree
Teddy Perkins
AG
JJxvi
AG
"breaking the wheel" was just changing the succession from agnatic-cognatic primogeniture to elective with prince-electors? So it just became the Holy Roman Empire basically? Yeah nobody ever fought any wars over that...
oragator
But the westworld promo was kicking tho...
Post removed:
by user
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ATM1876 said:

A Song of Ice and Fire

How was Tyrion not mentioned?!
BBQ4Me
AG
Perfect ending to the series. Not the best series finale of all time, but they did a great job
MaroonStain
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Was it snowing in Kings Landing??? If that was supposed to be ash it sure as hell looked like snow.

That was symbolic of the Long Night endi... Nope, I got nothing.

First, it was "Cersei surrender! I am Danaerys of XXXZ" while in a desert in front of KL. Then Napalm Drogon torches everything. There is a nuclear winter while Dany does her TD dance. Jon saves the world from Dany then three minutes later, it's hot as a MF'er outside, when Bran the Broken is chosen by the sad group of surviving oligarchs.
PatAg
AG
FriendlyAg said:

Besides the snow in king's Landing, I actually thought it was the best episode this season.

Jon finally grew some balls and did the right thing. Glad bran was important in some way, I guess ha. Sansa was weird. Arya didn't bother me at all. She can't settle down.

Jon didn't have to be king and still didn't have to die. Knights watch is just exile now, which I'm fine with.

I actually thought it was really well done. People will hate it because it's not how they wrote the ending in their head but that's ok.
Hate is a strong word. It wasn't good story telling. They prioritize flashy/artistic shots and crazy events just for the sake of having them. I personally never had a specific idea of how the show would end, because Martin taught us better than to do that.

It's fine that you liked it, no need to act like anyone who didn't had poor reasons.
thepartygoat
AG
La Bamba said:

I hate how Bran's every comment is "I know. I knew all of this was going to happen."

Perhaps if he would have actually contributed with his super powers, he could have, oh I don't know, prevent the mass genocide of an entire city?
yea and now hes showing emotion with his facial expressions??? That was laughable
gambochaman
AG
Brilliant
A+ 100%

Great ending
BowSowy
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

BowSowy said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

it's been fun.......

i'll take name change suggestions when this is over.

some possibilities:

-- OK. You were right Sansa. My bad.

-- Zombie DragonRider Aegon Targaryen the Undead: First of His Kind, Formerly known as Stark Basterd Jon Snow, Former Commander of the Night's Watch, Former King of the North, Master of Cave Sex and Banger of Aunts,

-- <unpronounceable symbol>

-- In my defense she was really hot in bed

-- Battle plans???....we don't need no stinkin' battle plans.

Suggestion: No one gives a ****

oooh internet tough guy. lighten up Francis.

Nah, I'm good. You post thesis level comments here and then try to play thread police when people start to challenge you. Then you act like we give a **** what your new dumb name is.
Old Tom Morris
For the most part, I like the concept of how it ended (Jon killing Dany but back to Castle Black, Bran as king). But overall, this thing needed George RR Martin to write dialogue and put it all together. It was all just very clumsy and cheesy.
Al Bula
AG
Texags ate my original reply but it doesn't really matter. That was a terrible ending and season.

HBO had absolute lighting in a bottle and the show ended up as nothing more than an old ass iPhone charger that doesn't charge sh t.
cbr
AG
Lol, holy **** thats SUCKED.

I can sort of live with what happened, but holy **** what a swirling turd of disastrous execution. That was episode 4 bad - but to go out like that is a shame.

Bodhi
AG
TRASH EPISODE
Icecream_Ag
S
Y'all are missing the biggest thing...we still don't know what Tyrion did with the jackass and honeycomb in the brothel
mazzag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm actually very satisfied with the ending.

Bran's arc finally has a purpose.

Sansa ruling the North.

Arya going west. (Knew she would end the series this way, perfect for her character.)

Sam the archmaester.

Jon back in the North, adventuring with Tormund and Ghost.

Tyrion doing the job he loves and is best at.

Davos alive and well.

Jaime's deeds finally filled in.

Honestly can't complain about much. D&D deserve props for this episode.

You forgot Bron. The **** stirrer on the council. Keeps your friends close, your enemies closer.
canadiaggie
AG
Jon is basically King Beyond the Wall at this point, no?
CoachRTM
AG
I really liked it. The show was damn entertaining over the course of 8 years.
FriendlyAg
chiken said:

That's how I felt. dragon staring at dragon.
cisgenderedAggie
TheEyeGuy said:

Ragoo said:

wangus12 said:

They can now start the buddy cop show of Jon, Tormund and Ghost
jesus
I will watch that for 10 seasons.

How we didn't get some quip from Tormund absolutely infuriates me, though.

Call it "Two Bears and a Dog"

wangus12
AG
Old Tom Morris said:

For the most part, I like the concept of how it ended (Jon killing Dany but back to Castle Black, Bran as king). But overall, this thing needed George RR Martin to write dialogue and put it all together. It was all just very clumsy and cheesy.
Agreed.
canadiaggie
AG
Also, this is GRRM's ending.
First Page Last Page
Page 385 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.