****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,758 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Drogon the second he lands after a full day of scorching KL:
Geralt of Rivia
S
I mainly lurk on this thread for the entertainment value, but I loved it
Swarely
I liked it
Render
AG
I loved it. That episode had some great schlock.
chase128
AG
You can put me in the loved it column
jenn96
AG
Grumpy Neutral for me is fair. My expectations have been sufficiently lowered, lol. And I didn't hate the ending, just hated the half-assed way they got there.
Old Tom Morris
wangus12 said:

I could see Dany telling Jon to bring his sisters under heel or she is going to burn them too which will make him decide she has to die. Or they capture Arya and prepare to execute. He is going to choose his true family eight there when Dany puts him on the spot.
yeah, i have a feelling the Arya "don't forget that" regarding family is going to come back around.
El Chupacabra
Great Beard of Zeus said:

I don't think this season is bad. Quite the opposite. I love it.

I think most people are sad it is all going to be over. This is like every single long epic show, it has to end and some people hate that it has to end, so they crap all over it.

It is strange but it is the same song different dance. Can't people just enjoy it?

It's going about as I expected. You can't wrap up an epic tale like this in a tight, neat little bow. They could drag it out for 2-3 more seasons and tie everything up nicely, and we'd all enjoy that, but it's just not realistic or feasible.

There could never be a nice and tidy ending that someone wouldn't hate. I wish they would have spent a little more effort making it a little neater....we didn't need 45 minutes of a dragon strafing a city with atomic fireballs. They could have spared a few strafing runs and spent 3 minutes letting Cersi get killed in the way she deserved...publicly and in humiliating fashiion. One example.
The Dog Lord
AG
jenn96 said:

Grumpy Neutral for me is fair. My expectations have been sufficiently lowered, lol. And I didn't hate the ending, just hated the half-assed way they got there.

Same for me. Don't hate it, but dislike or am disappointed with certain pieces and the overall let down of the last 2 seasons.
Wheatables02
AG
I swear, if this is a Sopranos like ending where Bran is seeing all these stories as the 3ER, gets murdererd by someone causing the memories to go to a black screen, I'm gonna die.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Reading through this thread, its obvious some people have never shot a gun before. Shooting at a deer that is unaware its being shot at is easy, even if its running. Shooting at a deer that is zig-zagging, trying to avoid being shot is much, much harder.
AustinAg2K
Having me in the "Hated It" column is being somewhat generous.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
I loved it .
SpreadsheetAg
AG
You can put me in the "Liked it" column .... more like "finally!"
PeekingDuck
AG
I though episode 4 was Dexter finale bad. Just mind numbingly stupid and only surpassed by the Sansa rape episode. Episode 5 was bad in comparison to the rest of the show, but mainly because they've rushed the season. I don't have high expectations anymore, but I do think it'll end better than Dexter, which might have the worst ending of any show I've seen. #prayingfornologgingco
SpreadsheetAg
AG
This is perfect for knowing who to mute for a week
bangobango
AG
AustinAg2K said:

chase128 said:

Arya or Bran probably have the best chance of taking out Dany I guess.

I'm just not sure Bran gives a crap. Maybe he would if Dany is coming to destroy Winterfell.
I don't see how Arya can kill Dany without it feeling rushed. Dany will never let Arya anywhere close to her, so Arya is obviously going to have to kill someone close to Dany. The only person I see possible being Grey Worm (Jon and Tyrion are essentially traitors to her now). Maybe they'll have Arya kill Grey Worm in a brothel.

How is Jon a traitor?
Liquid Wrench
The old GB "spreadsheet updated" joke has finally become a real thing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good short video explaining the turn.
bangobango
AG
Question:

At what point did GOT cross into blockbuster action series for a lot of y'all?

I keep seeing posts about how cool this battle was or how awesome this special effect looked, and I cannot help but wonder when this movie crossed over into that type of spectacle or event?
jenn96
AG
She considers Jon the primary traitor - if he had kept his mouth shut none of this would have happened in her opinion.
bangobango
AG
jenn96 said:

She considers Jon the primary traitor - if he had kept his mouth shut none of this would have happened in her opinion.

Ah, true.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Blackwater
PeekingDuck
AG
Did Jon ever actually say he'd keep his mouth shut? I can't recall.
AustinAg2K
bangobango said:

AustinAg2K said:

chase128 said:

I'm just not sure Bran gives a crap. Maybe he would if Dany is coming to destroy Winterfell.
I don't see how Arya can kill Dany without it feeling rushed. Dany will never let Arya anywhere close to her, so Arya is obviously going to have to kill someone close to Dany. The only person I see possible being Grey Worm (Jon and Tyrion are essentially traitors to her now). Maybe they'll have Arya kill Grey Worm in a brothel.

How is Jon a traitor?
Well, he told his family about his lineage, doesn't love her any more, and he didn't help murder innocent civilians (he tried to stop his forces and help civilians). Based off of Dany's reaction to the people of King's Landing not immediately supporting her, I'm pretty sure she would consider him a traitor. Also, there's no way Jon could possibly support her anymore.
92Ag95
AG
jenn96 said:

The ironic thing is that the only thing he's a traitor to is her lie.
combat wombat™
AG
I liked the episode. I didn't think her turn to MQ as too fast but I could see why others might feel that way.but

By the way, I've always been a bigger supporter of the Starks than of Dany's.

Did Jon ever PROMISE not to tell his family? I don't think he did. I think she's wrong to oppose his stronger claim and want him to keep it secret.
AustinAg2K
Anyone else annoyed by Arya's lack of involvement with her list? Everyone on it is dead now (except Ilyn Payne), but she really didn't do much of the killing.

Cersie -- Dead, not by Arya
Ilyn Payne -- Unknown, but if dead not by Arya
Melisandre -- Dead, not by Arya
Beric Dondarrion -- Dead, not by Arya (Removed from list before his death)
Thoros of Myr -- Dead, not by Arya
Polliver -- Dead, stabbed with needle by Arya
Joffrey -- Dead, not by Arya
Rorge -- Dead, Stabbed by Arya
The Mountain -- Dead, not by Arya
The Hound -- Dead, not by Arya (Not officially removed, but basically was)
Tywin -- Dead, not by Arya
Meryn Trant -- Dead, by Arya
Walder Frey -- Dead, by Arya

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not even a little bit.
jenn96
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Blackwater

Actually I disagree. Blackwater was a massive battle and spectacle but it was an aberration back then when most of the show was intrigue and dialogue. It seemed like after the Battle of the Bustards was when the show veered more towards huge set pieces rather than characters.
Southlake
Loved it a lot. My favorite episode ever.
Geralt of Rivia
S
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Not even a little bit.
BowSowy
AG
chase128 said:

I was mostly okay with Arya killing the NK. But if she's also the one who kills Dany, I'm going to be unhappy. Assuming Dany dies, I feel like it *has* to be Jon.

And I highly, highly doubt it's Bran. He didn't do anything to influence the BoW, I can't think of any reason he'd care to suddenly get involved with Dany
jenn96
AG
AustinAg2K said:

Anyone else annoyed by Arya's lack of involvement with her list? Everyone on it is dead now (except Ilyn Payne), but she really didn't do much of the killing.

No, I always thought her list was pathetic. It was something a kid would do - all the people I'll kill!!- but because of what she experienced as a kid she made it her reason to live, and devoted her life to attaining it. I cheered when she looked at Sandor and realized, no, I don't want to be like you. I don't want revenge to rule my life anymore.

I'm hoping that she's headed home because she knows Sansa and Bran are in grave danger from Dani. To fight for her living family, not her dead.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Throw me into the 'Loved It' camp
First Page Last Page
Page 348 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.