****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,517 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
PatAg said:

There's definitely too many personal attacks going on from both sides of the fence.

Please demonstrate my personal attacks on anyone - until that response which was provoked by a whiny little butthurt ***** talking about my child.

PatAg
AG
It's hard to ignore the guy, he is like that in every thread. that wasn't even funny if it was intended as a joke
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

PatAg said:

There's definitely too many personal attacks going on from both sides of the fence.

Please demonstrate my personal attacks on anyone - until that response which was provoked by a whiny little butthurt *****.
I feel like asking for a demonstration of a personal attack is in itself a personal attack. Therefore, this post counts.
PatAg
AG
I wasn't responding to you, sorry if it seemed that way. That guy is a jackass
bangobango
AG
PatAg said:

You know it's bad when PatAg says cut down on the snarkiness.
Boiling Denim
Funny enough I think this episode would make more sense to someone who has never seen a second of Game of Thrones and just watched this episode.

I think as a standalone episode, ignoring most of the story arcs, this was a helluva spectacle.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

bobinator said:

Yeah, I mean that's clearly what they've decided they're going for. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

The city has surrendered. If she's that hell bent on instilling fear, accept the surrender, and then kill every single person in the city who fought to defend it.

There are a thousand steps between 'I need to instill fear' and 'I need to kill everyone in this city' and she didn't take any of them.

I just think it's lazy after seven years of all of the tiny steps her character has taken, that in her final act she's reduced to just 'well she's crazy now.'
You don't understand.. she's ALWAYS been crazy. Haven't you been watching all the groundwork they have been laying down in EVERY season to show how crazy she is? If you didn't see that coming, then you weren't paying attention.

(Nevermind, nobody else predicted that ending either.)

This is a ridiculous argument. Nobody saw Frey killing Robb, yet they laid the groundwork for it. Just because it surprised you doesn't mean the signs weren't there.

And the signs have been there.
What ground work was laid where Frey would kill every last member of that family? I don't remember such groundwork being laid.

Frey was shown as this arrogant man who was angry at constantly being looked over until he was needed. He invited the Starks and agreed to side against the Lannister's in exchange for Robb marrying his daughter, assuring a Frey in royalty in the north. Robb decided that love was more important than his honor as king, and Frey was pissed about it. He pretended to be ok with just marrying the daughter to Edmure.
So the point I am making is this: We didn't know enough about Frey to know if he was capable of wiping out the entire Stark family. When he did it, it was shocking, for sure, but it wasn't outside the limited character of Frey that we were exposed to.

Yet we have spent 8 seasons with Dany. She is one of the main characters. We know her well enough to know that he is very unlikely to go on random a civilian killing spree. So if they were going to make her do so, then they needed to show us more on why she would do it. A lot more than "well she's a Targaryen" or "it wasn't enough" (as D&D stated).

And they have, as shown with multiple examples over the past 10 pages.
And they were all terrible. Retribution for injustice, treason, etc. are not in the same ballpark as wiping out a city and killing tons of innocent civilians after the battle was over. Groundwork for that was never laid out in past seasons.

Well I disagree.
So you disagree that killing a civilian who did nothing more than live in a city is vastly different than killing somebody in retribution for some past injustice?

That's not what I said. No need to make up my arguments, I have been telling you them for the past 10 pages, you can read what I actually did say. You aren't going to change my opinion, and it's obvious from this thread nobody will ever change yours.
Correct, my opinion will not change since all of her past kills have fallen into the retribution category until last night. Which is why it was terrible writing and why much of the GoT fandom is up in arms this morning. It's not just me.

That's fine, I disagree with them too. Although I think "much" is too big of descriptor for the size of your group. Every casual fan I've talked to so far has talked about how awesome the episode was last night.

Yep there are far more positives on here then negatives - not so with E3 or E4 they were much more negative. Of course he also repeatedly said a million died until he was corrected. Tends to exaggerate.

Outside of here - my entire text message thread group (9 people) I've had since season 3 are all in awe but nobody complained it was out of character. A few loved it, a few were stunned but still on board.

One of them, my daughter (20) - who loves Dany and the dragons said:

"WOWWWWWWW. Yeah that was what I've expected from Thrones all along!! There is my baby"!!!!

so proud. lol.

Odd. 100% of my thread group were WTFing all night long and thought it was totally out of character.

(And you might want to get your daughter checked out if she gets pumped up by genocide of innocents)

FFS what a stupid statement.

GFY
What does FFS stand for.

(And you might want to get your sense of humor checked while you are there with your daughter)

google it genius

You might want to learn what a joke is... or an emoticon.....

And keep talking about my daughter whackjob. Game's on now. I'll roast your entire ****ing city to the ground - odd though nobody would have called me a homicidal maniac before. I guess that's out of character for me.

investorAg83
AG
Why don't you take a few plays off...go get some work done. You obviously haven't done much today.
Eliminatus
AG
They have so much story to end in one episode. I wonder if they are just gonna pan around the land at the end and do a montage of "and after it is all over..." with the other characters.

They left themselves so little time to properly end things on so many fronts after the amount of detail they poured into these people and back drops....

They really, really, needed to have kept it going for another season.
wangus12
AG
Rule #1 on the daughter.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
PatAg said:

I wasn't responding to you, sorry if it seemed that way. That guy is a jackass

no I got that.....you're good. I'm just teed off now.
bangobango
AG
aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

bobinator said:

Yeah, I mean that's clearly what they've decided they're going for. It just doesn't make any sense to me.

The city has surrendered. If she's that hell bent on instilling fear, accept the surrender, and then kill every single person in the city who fought to defend it.

There are a thousand steps between 'I need to instill fear' and 'I need to kill everyone in this city' and she didn't take any of them.

I just think it's lazy after seven years of all of the tiny steps her character has taken, that in her final act she's reduced to just 'well she's crazy now.'
You don't understand.. she's ALWAYS been crazy. Haven't you been watching all the groundwork they have been laying down in EVERY season to show how crazy she is? If you didn't see that coming, then you weren't paying attention.

This is a ridiculous argument. Nobody saw Frey killing Robb, yet they laid the groundwork for it. Just because it surprised you doesn't mean the signs weren't there.

What ground work was laid where Frey would kill every last member of that family? I don't remember such groundwork being laid.

Frey was shown as this arrogant man who was angry at constantly being looked over until he was needed. He invited the Starks and agreed to side against the Lannister's in exchange for Robb marrying his daughter, assuring a Frey in royalty in the north. Robb decided that love was more important than his honor as king, and Frey was pissed about it. He pretended to be ok with just marrying the daughter to Edmure.
So the point I am making is this: We didn't know enough about Frey to know if he was capable of wiping out the entire Stark family. When he did it, it was shocking, for sure, but it wasn't outside the limited character of Frey that we were exposed to.

Yet we have spent 8 seasons with Dany. She is one of the main characters. We know her well enough to know that he is very unlikely to go on random a civilian killing spree. So if they were going to make her do so, then they needed to show us more on why she would do it. A lot more than "well she's a Targaryen" or "it wasn't enough" (as D&D stated).

And they were all terrible. Retribution for injustice, treason, etc. are not in the same ballpark as wiping out a city and killing tons of innocent civilians after the battle was over. Groundwork for that was never laid out in past seasons.

Well I disagree.
So you disagree that killing a civilian who did nothing more than live in a city is vastly different than killing somebody in retribution for some past injustice?

That's not what I said. No need to make up my arguments, I have been telling you them for the past 10 pages, you can read what I actually did say. You aren't going to change my opinion, and it's obvious from this thread nobody will ever change yours.
Correct, my opinion will not change since all of her past kills have fallen into the retribution category until last night. Which is why it was terrible writing and why much of the GoT fandom is up in arms this morning. It's not just me.

That's fine, I disagree with them too. Although I think "much" is too big of descriptor for the size of your group. Every casual fan I've talked to so far has talked about how awesome the episode was last night.

Yep there are far more positives on here then negatives - not so with E3 or E4 they were much more negative. Of course he also repeatedly said a million died until he was corrected. Tends to exaggerate.

Outside of here - my entire text message thread group (9 people) I've had since season 3 are all in awe but nobody complained it was out of character. A few loved it, a few were stunned but still on board.

"WOWWWWWWW. Yeah that was what I've expected from Thrones all along!! There is my baby"!!!!

so proud. lol.

Odd. 100% of my thread group were WTFing all night long and thought it was totally out of character.

(And you might want to get your daughter checked out if she gets pumped up by genocide of innocents)

GFY
What does FFS stand for.

(And you might want to get your sense of humor checked while you are there with your daughter)
For F*cks Sake...

As in "FFS would you please take your Ritalin and stop responding to every single post."
Belton Ag
AG
Good gosh. Dany needs to burn this thread to the ground.

IT'S A ****ING TV SHOW, PEOPLE!

jboog
AG
You don't joke about somebody's kid man. Especially a daughter. That's common sense.
Eliminatus
AG
Staph, can you just ban people from certain threads?

I am definitely able to just skip/ignore past catfighting normally but man it has gotten bad last few days and gotten harder to sift through the actual content and and butthurt.

I am no white knight here to speak from the clouds but this has been FB bad lately and is actually kinda annoying now.

This thread has been Tanya'ed.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
wangus12 said:

Rule #1 on the daughter.

Also, she might be a psychopath
lol. i'll let that go. obviously a joke.

she's prettier than anyone on that show - but i could be biased - and an actress.

She actually looks at the show differently than anyone anyway- she looks at it from acting perspective and I know she would have loved to be Dany in that scene for example. Actors want substance and drama - good or bad.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
SAtxag16 said:

You don't joke about somebody's kid man. That's common sense.

Thank you.

Dad
AG
aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

bobinator said:

Well I disagree.

so proud. lol.

GFY
What does FFS stand for.

Fee For Service

That doesn't make a lot of sense to me so I am guessing For Lucks Sake or something close to that.
Ervin Burrell
AG
aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

So I read all of those, and there isn't a single instance of her killing civilians for the hell of it like she did yesterday. Retribution is VASTLY different than killing civilians after the battle is over (by the million).

Lincoln executed 38 indians as retribution and lead a civil war that killed more Americans than any other war in history. Yet when the war was over, he didn't kill a million people.

lmao

yep. this is exactly like real world US history.

damn i wish i had watched Lincoln instead. what was i thinking watching a brutal fantasy show i could have watched a docudrama instead.

I never said it was exactly like real world history. But in 100% of the cases I can think of, genocidal maniacs were obviously genocidal maniacs LONG before they actually conducted genocide.
How is one genocidal before committing genocide?
bangobango
AG
So, on the Dany's madness was well developed, here are the problems I have with it and why I think they did a poor job of showing this descent into cold blooded murder.

1. Two episodes ago Dany puts her life mission for the iron throne on hold to go north to battle for the good of mankind and the white walkers.

2. Even in her more ruthless moments, she has always been a protector of the poor and the misfortunate. She rose to power as a populist leader. To burn the citizenry like that is completely out of character for her even when you take into account the more neutral things she has done. It has always been about putting those in power that hurt others or those in power that oppose her to the sword (or flame). Even when she has gone too far, it has been with morally neutral to bad people (slave owners, just not really bad slave owners, for example).

3. If she is truly crazy and ruthless, then why let Jon Snow live? That should be the first person she kills if all she cares about now is the throne.

4. Did she snap and go all mad queen, or is this a calculated move to instill fear as some have suggested and it appears maybe the show has foreshadowed? I guess we will see next week, but from the previews it sure does look like she's gone all wicked queen, which would not be necessary if this was a tactical decision made impress fear in the rest of the seven kingdoms. If it is calculated, then the follow-up move is to set about healing and helping the hurt and injured and rebuilding Kings Landing (though I guess it has gone the way of Harrenhall now).

Again, the narrative for this works so much better if Dany would have refused to go north to help battle the white walkers, forcing Jon to pledge to help her win the iron throne first. Then it shows that she is really crazy about the iron throne and willing to let everything else die for her quest.
jboog
AG
Haven't kept up with every single page of this thread, but y'all talked much about Tyrion?

He used to be my favorite character. Them dumming him down so much is one of the most disappointing parts of the last couple seasons for me. You look back at seasons 1-3 or so and he absolutely kills every single scene he's in. Dinklage is the best actor on the show by a long shot imo.

He's had some nice moments this season, but overall just disappointed with the way they ended up driving his character arc.
BQCadet
AG
The same people acting like having her whole existence destroyed and devalued was not a good enough reason for Dany to burn a city are the same people that probably thought Thanos "kind of had a point" about killing half of all life in the universe
wangus12
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

wangus12 said:

Rule #1 on the daughter.

Also, she might be a psychopath
lol. i'll let that go. obviously a joke.

she's prettier than anyone on that show - but i could be biased - and an actress.

She actually looks at the show differently than anyone anyway- she looks at it from acting perspective and I know she would have loved to be Dany in that scene for example. Actors want substance and drama - good or bad.

Well done sir.
chase128
AG
I'm not sure what to expect with Arya.

Is she giving up on the revenge life? Or is she going to go after Dany? If she gets Dany, is King's Landing going to be plunged into chaos (more than it is already).
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aTmAg said:

Z said:

google it genius

You might want to learn what a joke is... or an emoticon.....

And keep talking about my daughter whackjob. Game's on now. I'll roast your entire ****ing city to the ground - odd though nobody would have called me a homicidal maniac before. I guess that's out of character for me.

So you are saying that your daughter predicted all along that Dany was going to go genocide on a city full of innocents, but you did not?

I'm saying shut the **** up. Clear enough?

Can everyone please flag this *******'s every attack on the last few pages. Staff needs to take the trash out. I don't care if they take me out with him I'll take one for the team.

I'm done.

Clob94
Uh----- if that's your daughter--- My compliments to the chef.
bobinator
AG
I don't mind so much what they've done with Tyrion. He continually suggests paths that seem 'right,' and then he's wrong for various reasons.

He's like the oppo-Littlefinger. He continually underestimates how extreme people will be and tends to assume everyone else will think logically.

His suggestions always have perfectly well thought out logic, and because of that they often end up wrong.
rgag12
AG
There is only one logical explanation for how this season has turned out:

Bran has somehow been infiltrating Dany's mind this whole time and has been slowly hypnotizing Dany to go BSC at the sound of any bell.

Bran is the puppet master and it will be soon revealed.....

Urban Ag
AG
aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

Champ Bailey said:

aTmAg said:

bobinator said:

You don't understand.. she's ALWAYS been crazy. %A0Haven't you been watching all the groundwork they have been laying down in EVERY season to show how crazy she is? %A0If you didn't see that coming, then you weren't paying attention.

What ground work was laid where Frey would kill every last member of that family? %A0I don't remember such groundwork being laid.

So the point I am making is this: We didn't know enough about Frey to know if he was capable of wiping out the entire Stark family. %A0When he did it, it was shocking, for sure, but it wasn't outside the limited character of Frey that we were exposed to.

Yet we have spent 8 seasons with Dany. %A0She is one of the main characters. %A0We know her well enough to know that he is very unlikely to go on random a civilian killing spree. %A0So if they were going to make her do so, then they needed to show us more on why she would do it. %A0A lot more than "well she's a Targaryen" or "it wasn't enough" (as D&D stated).

And they have, as shown with multiple examples over the past 10 pages. %A0
And they were all terrible. %A0Retribution for injustice, treason, etc. are not in the same ballpark as wiping out a city and killing tons of innocent civilians after the battle was over. %A0Groundwork for that was never laid out in past seasons.

Well I disagree.

Correct, my opinion will not change since all of her past kills have fallen into the retribution category until last night. %A0Which is why it was terrible writing and why much of the GoT fandom is up in arms this morning. %A0It's not just me.

That's fine, I disagree with them too. Although I think "much" is too big of descriptor for the size of your group. %A0Every casual fan I've talked to so far has talked about how awesome the episode was last night.

so proud. lol.

Odd. %A0100% of my thread group (not all were texting.. many were co-workers this morning) were WTFing all night long and thought it was totally out of character.

dude come on. When Cersei blew up the Great Sept my wife and I both had the open mouth WTF reaction then "booooyahhhhhh..Team Cersei!!!!"

You know, when it all comes down to it it's just a show based on books. Sometimes it's fun to root for the bad guys, see some carnage, be surprised/shocked.

It is make believe.
chase128
AG
Haha yeah. "Maybe my crazy, evil sister will stop being crazy, evil this time!"

NOPE
Fenrir
Michelle Fairley was amazing as Catelyn. Her speech about Jon catching the pox was one of the best acted scenes in the entire show.

I do wonder sometimes if a show like this hurts itself since anybody can die. Can't be easy to constantly replace talented actors with new actors/characters.
Phrasing
AG
I'm curious to know yalls thoughts on this - I read this earlier today and it made sense to me. TCTTS - is this common in the industry?

(What doesn't make sense is why D&D would limit themselves to so few episodes if there were all these "plants" out there that needed to be resolved....but that is a different discussion. )

This is a long twitter thread and I don't have the time to transcribe it all (sorry) so the link is below. Talks about the different approaches to writing a show and how that plays into how we are viewing the last two seasons vs the first 5. (Click on the tweet below to see the whole thread).

jtstanley4621
AG
cbr said:

daggertx said:

This show is becoming the Last Jedi bad....
No way, even 4 was nowhere near that bad.

I just am of the opinion that anyone hating her burning everything is just failing to understamd the entire point of the whole show.
At least for me personally, I'm upset about WHY she did it, not that she actually did it. do not think that they did a good job establishing her going down this path. Yes, they beat us over the head with her losing her inner circle (Jorah, Missandei, Jon telling Sansa, etc.) but I don't feel like that is the type of subtle, slow build that we have come to know from Game of Thrones. The writing is not as tightly packed and subtle as it once was.

Being upset with how it went down doesn't mean that you misunderstand the entire point of the series.
tk for tu juan
Fake news headline to paint Dany in a better light: White Woman Starts Rapid Gentrification of Kings Landing
cbr
AG
The last episode will be everyone fighting out how to handle each other, now that treachery and stupidity forced danarys and her loyal followers to act in their own interests to survive.

First Page Last Page
Page 344 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.