****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,625 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Saxsoon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Loved that a lot better than last episode. Fun character interaction and got some classic got scheming
Fighting Texas Aggie Class of 2012
CFTXAG10
AG
I'm interested in knowing if Euron is smart enough to realize that there's no way Tyrion could've known Cersei is pregnant that quickly. He was right there when Tyrion was trying to talk his sister down. Wonder how that might shake up his allegiance knowing the baby isn't his.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

pete_claw98 said:

Ok, let's talk about the real question on everyone's mind.

Does Bronn use the crossbow?

That would be true to his character, if he could do it and stay alive.

I missed him in the last 2 episodes, but I think there is a good chance he kills 1 or both.

Survey says?

I doubt he kills either.... but will show up. I still like my fanmade script for that scene when he arrives:

scene:

Bronn sneaks up on Jamie and Tyrion......Jamie whirls around at the last second.....

Jamie: Bronn what are you doing here I thought you'd be knee deep in w-hores by now.

Bronn: Well I was but, your sister had other ideas... I'm here to kill you <shows them the crossbow>.

Jamie: Oh....you must mean her other brother..... <motions to> Tyrion.

Bronn: Yeah him too - package deal.

Tyrion: Well it's damn cold up here so either get on with it or.....name your price.

Jamie: Yeah a Lannister always pay his debts. But we'll pay double!!!

Bronn: That's what I'm afraid of....see If I don't kill you both, she'll kill me.

Tyrion: As usual It's quite a conundrum you find yourself in. How do you always do that?

Bronn: **** if I know.

<bro hugs all around. end scene>

I wasn't far off on this prediction - it was a bit more snarky and no bro hugs but the general convo was close

The bolded parts were in there in some way.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I mean, except the fact that he acted like a complete dick and clearly has zero feelings of friendship towards either of them.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
yeah i mentioned that - surprised a bit but i guess he is who he said he was.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I expect Jamie to fail and get killed by the Mountain. His character has been redeemed, but now it's time for the tragic/bittersweet aspect to the redemption, which is that the final act of his redemption will mean his death. I just don't think he's successful in his attempt
TyHolden
AG
if cersei wins, is it a bad ending?

does that leave an opening for another series/season? i think it's a good business decision.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Weird, the Night King seems like a distant threat at this point.
TyHolden
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

I expect Jamie to fail and get killed by the Mountain. His character has been redeemed, but now it's time for the tragic/bittersweet aspect to the redemption, which is that the final act of his redemption will mean his death. I just don't think he's successful in his attempt
the mountain is gonna kill the hound and jamie or just one? i don't think they'll let him get both.
SupaManu
AG
Loved this episode
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I mean, except the fact that he acted like a complete dick and clearly has zero feelings of friendship towards either of them.

and concerning Tyrion at least he's been a dick to him several times when it suits him....

Example when he set up the dragon pit meeting at KL in S7 when tyrion said he was taking a risk he said:

"I put you at risk. It's you head Queen Cersei has offered a bag of gold for, not mine. Now thanks to me she has two traitors heads (Tyrion and Varys) coming right through her door. she can lock them both up as soon as she gets tired of the clever words that pour out of their pie holes. All thanks to Ser Bronn of the ****ing Blackwater. If that's not looking out for myself I don't know what is"
Chase
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Question though...is there a reason Cersei wouldn't just kill all of them right there??

The archers would not have done much damage to anyone other than Tyrion (metal shields and distance) and, I believe, the scorpions are at their lowest angle when at rest so they could not aim down from there toward the group or dragon.
Chase
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

gigemJTH12 said:

Question though...is there a reason Cersei wouldn't just kill all of them right there??

No. Which means it's crap writing. Cersei would take that opportunity every day and twice on Sundays.

Also, Clay Travis just made a good point on his post shoe periscope... Bran is a ****ing 3ER. Why is he not going and researching **** so they can avoid stuff like the ambush.

I belive Bran will no longer take part in events now that he is the 'chronicler of events"
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TyHolden
AG
Chase said:

gigemJTH12 said:

The archers would not have done much damage to anyone other than Tyrion (metal shields and distance) and, I believe, the scorpions are at their lowest angle when at rest so they could not aim down from there toward the group or dragon.
if they could reach the dragon (no idea if they could), they would have fired.

otherwise, cersei is just baiting dany to burn the place down.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Last scene of the series should be Lord Bronn of Highgarden rolling a big blunt while Margrarey's cousins line up to service him.
Liquid Wrench
Chase said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I thought it would have been fitting if the archers killed Tyrion right there. He's been in over his head and out-planned and out-maneuvered by Cersei's side every time they've engaged.

It's more evident than ever that the old lords and generals are all dead and the survivors are not all as smart as they think they are. At least, I hope that's the point of some of this.

Chase
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Quote:

That absolutely makes no sense. He may secretly have that intention, but he wasn't about to tell that to Brienne. He def meant for it to mean he was going back to her.
What makes no sense is thinking that her using that complete asswhipe Euron to attack Dany, wreck shop, and taking Missandei would be the motivation for him going "oh, I love her and am going back to her". These people just went through hell to save the realm of men with him. His hate is taking him back there. Hate that is now for her.

I disagree...His hate is for himself.

I think the kind of man he has been is warring internally with the man Brienne sees and he is maybe not sure why he is going back. Either way, the hateful speech was as much to help Brienne sever her thoughts of him as it is him thinking about himself. When he gets to KL and finds out what Cersei has told Greyjoy about the baby, that hate will move from internal to her.
Chase
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

Chase said:

gigemJTH12 said:

I thought it would have been fitting if the archers killed Tyrion right there. He's been in over his head and out-planned and out-maneuvered by Cersei's side every time they've engaged.

It's more evident than ever that the old lords and generals are all dead and the survivors are not all as smart as they think they are. At least, I hope that's the point of some of this.

I think she left Tyrion to make sure they brought everything against her and didn't leave Sansa and Northerners to rise back up, as someone else suggested

That said, I am nearing the conclusion that, in her grief, Dany takes out Tyrion for causing the beheading.
Broba Fett
It's almost a blessing that GOT, Avengers, and Star Wars all come to an end this year just so folks can stop *****ing about them all.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Chase
AG
I don't remember the last time I have watched a show where I was so centered on what is essentially a bit part but Tormund is just a great character.

We need to raise a horn of whatever we're drinking (but out of his reach so he doesn't knock it all over the place) to that guy!
Broba Fett
C@LAg said:

1. It must be great to have such low expectations, so that they are met every time.

2. Avengers did not end this year. There will be plenty more over the years to come

And here we go. The main plot for Avengers did end, though I agree many other spinoffs will come out and hopefully be as solid as many have been so far. Star Wars was alright for episode 7, pretty rough for 8, and we will see for 9. Game of Thrones has been solid though the pacing is off these last two seasons. Sorry whatever fan theory you subscribe to didn't pan out (I guess).
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Southlake
Hmmm....Dragon fire range vs. Scorpion range?

I've never seen such a great weapon as a Dragon be used so poorly.

And I'm seriously thinking recording E5 and watching just before E6. But, dang, that would be hard to do
Liquid Wrench
I definitely recommend some sort of delayed viewing. Allowed me to FF thru the Brienne sex scene tonight.
ja86
AG
wangus12 said:

I liked the episode outside of the way they killed the dragon. I'm concerned at where they're heading

You have the Hound and Arya heading south so Clegane Bowl and Arya will go all Mary Sue and kill Cersei unless Jaime is gonna do it.

Varys wants treason so he's gonna die.

Dany is gonna Mad Queen and bbq Kings Landing ruining her image.

Jon doesn't want the throne

They made the best characters in Ghost & Tormund leave to go North.

I'm concerned we're heading towards a poor ending
late to the game, but had to comment. how can you go all mad queen bbq when it is so ****ing easy to kill the bbq? this show has gone all fonzie jumping the shark it is a joke.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
tk for tu juan
They just need to drop Easy Company behind enemy lines to take out the anti-aircraft guns before carpet bombing to Red Keep. It's almost time for the yearly viewing if BoB
JCRiley09
AG
I have a hunch there is going to be one more resurrection. I'm leaning towards the Hound calling on the Lord of Light to bring back Arya. It would also be interesting if the guy terrified of fire eventually wields a flaming sword.
Liquid Wrench
C@LAg said:

OK, did I miss a scene tonight?

Tyrion and Sansa had their scene and she asks her question.... and then cutaway, and next thing you know both Tyrion and Varys are talking about Jon's parentage matter-of-factly, with no surprise.

So much KEY information being handled off screen this season it is ridiculous.
Before tonight, Bran, Sam, Jon, and Dany were the ones who knew.

So, presumably Tyrion/Varys found out from her.
AggieIce
AG
Seems to be en Vogue to complain about every detail on the show, and people think it is a badge of honor.

Yes, this season is faster paced than years before. Yes, there are some military strategy issues. Yes, there are scene cut-aways (these directors have done this every season). HBO wouldn't have shortened their cash cow prematurely if they didn't have a good reason (especially in the era of cord-cutting and subscription services).

I will enjoy the good in every episode and do my best to ignore the bad. Once I see how it all plays out then I will decide if I'm disheartened or not. Until then I will enjoy the ending of likely my favorite TV show ever.
ja86
AG
tk for tu juan said:

They just need to drop Easy Company behind enemy lines to take out the anti-aircraft guns before carpet bombing to Red Keep. It's almost time for the yearly viewing if BoB
but at least the assault tactics actually work.
FIDO95
AG
Best series finale: Six Feet Under.

(Lock thread)

Additional thoughts and predictions:

Noticed several repeat formulas, maybe evidence of "lazy writing"- Tyrion crushes Shae to make bad departure more "cleanly". Jamie does the same. Ramsey kills Rickon to push Jon into a bad situation. Cersie kills Mel.

I think Jamie is on his way to complete the Maggie the Frog phopecy.

Bronn is a killer, no question. Remember when Tyrion asked him if he would question an order to kill children and his response was that he'd would only question "how much".

Jon is a Targaryen. Not a Stark. Bye Ghost.
Oops bye Rhaegal as well!? Ghost ain't taking your two timing ass back!!

Overall enjoyed the episode as it was a necessary filler to get us to Kings landing.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bangobango
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I'm interested in knowing if Euron is smart enough to realize that there's no way Tyrion could've known Cersei is pregnant that quickly. He was right there when Tyrion was trying to talk his sister down. Wonder how that might shake up his allegiance knowing the baby isn't his.
I was wondering that too. I suspect it will not be addressed, unfortunately, but yeah, it should've been a "wait, what the hell" moment for Euron.

I don't think the writing we are getting now is on that level, though.
First Page Last Page
Page 252 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.