****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,063 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MBAR said:

PatAg said:

MBAR said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Bunk Moreland said:

MBAR said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Charlie Conway said:

Bron being an ******* to Jaime and Tyrion made no sense. He's be friendly and cordial with them this whole time and then all of a sudden he's a ****ing dick to them. His character is a sell sword, has always been that way. If he wants to kill one of them find, but to him it's always been about the money. It makes no sense for him to waltz in and be an ******* to them.

Jamie spent 7+ seasons redeeming his character, he's always been my favorite, trying to do what he thought was best as a knight faced with really tough decisions, and then tonight he just leaves to go back to Cersei after everything he's seen and done. They cut back his character arc with a machete.

I won't touch the not seeing a fleet of ships behind a cliff while you're flying through the ****ing sky on a dragon.
Why is everyone assuming Jamie's going to be "back" with Cersei? When he said he was a hateful person I took it to mean he hated HIMSELF for what he had done for Cersei, and it's his intention to redeem himself.

Side note, blech, brienne was a very ugly crier
At first when I read your post I thought you were flat out wrong but that's a fair point. I might be misreading his reaction and intentions. It could go either way. Guess we'll find out.

Wait... People actually took that to think he's going back to Cersei? Cmon. That'd be literally the dumbest of all storylines.

I think he does - but he intends to kill her. He can tell her he fought for the living and that battle is over and beg forgiveness.

she couldn't kill Tyrion twice now when she had the chance - she ain't gonna kill Jamie.
He's got a kid with her coming, so I'm not so sure he intends to kill her.
I don't know that he intends to kill her, but I think it ends up happening.
We have the prophecy and all but we've also seen how the show has handled prophecies so far.

For me, all bets are off. Almost everything is plausible, but I'm not sure what is probable at this point. I oculd see the show going in every direction.
maybe it's too neat, but I like the symmetry of him being hated so much, yet he ends up saving King's Landing's citizens from a mad ruler twice.
hugtrees82
AG
I miss GRRM's writing.

I'm still holding out the tiniest bit of hope that all of Tyrion's dragon riding dreams come true.

Jon not hugging Ghost...after all they've been through. He's dead to me.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

tag8 said:

Anyone think that Euron looked entirely too surprised in the trailer for next week?

Same here. Said that to my friends as soon as it happened.

I'm thinking armor plated dragon.......

LMAO.... I mean wtf not!!!!! **** physics.
aTmAg
AG
bobinator said:

'Not killing civilians' is definitely not a 21st century thing. If anything, willingly killing civilians was a 19th/20th century thing. It wasn't really a thing before that.
Did you write what you meant to write? If so, then I don't understand what you meant.

Victors have been wasting civilian populations for thousands of years. Genghis Khan killed 11% of the world population. David (the guy who killed Goliath) wasted entire cities too when he ran the show. It was not uncommon to take out every man, woman, and child (that could remember) once a city fell.
PatAg
AG
yep, plenty to like still.
MBAR
AG
PatAg said:

MBAR said:

PatAg said:

MBAR said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Bunk Moreland said:

MBAR said:

BenFiasco14 said:

Charlie Conway said:

Bron being an ******* to Jaime and Tyrion made no sense. He's be friendly and cordial with them this whole time and then all of a sudden he's a ****ing dick to them. His character is a sell sword, has always been that way. If he wants to kill one of them find, but to him it's always been about the money. It makes no sense for him to waltz in and be an ******* to them.

Jamie spent 7+ seasons redeeming his character, he's always been my favorite, trying to do what he thought was best as a knight faced with really tough decisions, and then tonight he just leaves to go back to Cersei after everything he's seen and done. They cut back his character arc with a machete.

I won't touch the not seeing a fleet of ships behind a cliff while you're flying through the ****ing sky on a dragon.
Why is everyone assuming Jamie's going to be "back" with Cersei? When he said he was a hateful person I took it to mean he hated HIMSELF for what he had done for Cersei, and it's his intention to redeem himself.

Side note, blech, brienne was a very ugly crier
At first when I read your post I thought you were flat out wrong but that's a fair point. I might be misreading his reaction and intentions. It could go either way. Guess we'll find out.

Wait... People actually took that to think he's going back to Cersei? Cmon. That'd be literally the dumbest of all storylines.

I think he does - but he intends to kill her. He can tell her he fought for the living and that battle is over and beg forgiveness.

she couldn't kill Tyrion twice now when she had the chance - she ain't gonna kill Jamie.
He's got a kid with her coming, so I'm not so sure he intends to kill her.
I don't know that he intends to kill her, but I think it ends up happening.
We have the prophecy and all but we've also seen how the show has handled prophecies so far.

For me, all bets are off. Almost everything is plausible, but I'm not sure what is probable at this point. I oculd see the show going in every direction.
maybe it's too neat, but I like the symmetry of him being hated so much, yet he ends up saving King's Landing's citizens from a mad ruler twice.
Totally plausible. We'll see! Its crazy that we're down to two episodes.
LPHA
AG
"Which one of you cowards **** in my pants?"
DannyDuberstein
AG
Tension filled. And I still really have no good idea how it ends. Theories, but nothing I'm super confident in. I think it's been a fun ride. The ride definitely accelerated the past 2 seasons and some of the the story and character development probably suffered for it, but I don't know how anyone could not be enjoying this and instead choosing to nitpick it to death.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
PatAg said:

yep, plenty to like still.

I enjoyed the episode... stopped caring what the loudmouths on here think. it's fun to watch. 90% of them weren't around here for seasons 1-7 anyway. and i don't really give a crap about battle tactics, physics or time travel issues. it's a character story to me - and we have great characters in great dramatic situations. and still some pretty damn good writing.

aTmAg
AG
PatAg said:

aTmAg said:

PatAg said:

aTmAg said:

Does the book go into the "don't kill all the civilians" stuff as much as the show? Seems like they are going way too 21st century on that sentiment. Back in the days prior to laser guided bombs and stuff, they had no choice than to waste the entire city. Hell as recetnly as 80 years ago we'd go Dresden on an entire city because we didn't have the ability to do pinpoint attacks.
I think the book, and show, both give you the reason Jaime got dubbed the Kingslayer was because the Mad King was about to burn the whole city rather than lose it. He had also previous burnt the two Starks alive...or burnt one while the other hanged I think.
I don't have any issues with the whole kingslayer part of the story. That makes 100% sense to me.

Quote:

Dany has started to show the tendency to make pretty crazy decisions along those lines, hence Tyrion and Varys being worried.
This is the part I disagree with. What crazy has she done? Smoking the Tarlys? That was NOTHING. Making an example of them is way better than executing the entire army. When you don't have the technology that we have today and you need to defeat a king in a city, you have to take out the entire city. That's the way things typically had to be done back then since anything less would result in your annihilation later.

The problem is that Tyrion and Vary's seem to be living in 21st century. If they LGBs or even a good sniper rifle, then the Cersei problem would have been resolved a long time ago without much bloodshed. But that's not their reality. They are in a reality where you gotta march entire armies into cities and whatnot.
Except that the Night's Watch exists for this purpose. Both of her advisors were even telling her to do this. The show starts immediately after a rebellion, where they take over King's Landing without taking out the entire city. We are even told this in the show.
So my point is that the fact that her advisers are wringing their hands about this is nonsense. In such a world they wouldn't bat an eye about it (if we pretend it is somewhat relatable to Earth a thousand or so years ago).
PatAg
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Tension filled. And I still really have no good idea how it ends. Theories, but nothing I'm super confident in. I think it's been a fun ride. The ride definitely accelerated the past 2 seasons and some of the the story and character development probably suffered for it, but I don't know how anyone could not be enjoying this and rather choosing to nitpick it to death.
Probably because you come on here and say you didn't like something, in addition to talking about things you do like. Then others come on and try to say you are wrong for not liking it. So then you argue about it. That's the internet.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
LPHA said:

"Which one of you cowards **** in my pants?"
knew i forgot one. yes
Bunk Moreland
At this point I'm rooting for cersei to win. Everyone else has shown to be far too dumb. Of course there's zero chance of thsy happening.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Calling my shot on Page 250, next week Dany and Drogon are going to do to Euron what the original Aegon and the Black Dread did during the Conquest to take Harrenhal, fly high as hell as come straight down on top of those ships. The scorpions don't go up straight 90 degrees.

My Episode 4 MVPs
1. Qyburn - both for his crack about screaming children being an uncomfortable noise and for his "atta boy!" look at Euron when Cersei lied and said the kid was his.
2. Sansa - When some other biatch is trying to step in on your turf, that's exactly how you get under her skin - find out a secret that makes her look bad and start telling everyone you know about it.
3. Tormund - my favorite character ever since they gave Barristan Selmy that awful death in an alley. Mad love that he's taking his people and going home. Free Folk!

My Episode 4 LVPs
1. Jon Snow - Hey, I got a job in another city, do you want my dog?
2. Cersei - She hates Tyrion's guts, but twice she could have killed him without breaking a sweat and hasn't done it.
3. Gendry - C'mon guy, marriage proposal? But seriously, Arya's done, but her super hot red-headed sister could use a Lord to marry. Get on that and ride it like the bull you are, Baratheon.
aTmAg
AG
The moment Jon wasn't gonna ride that dragon, I knew it was a gonner.
DannyDuberstein
AG
There are posts that have said it's worse than The Walking Dead. Someone with that opinion is a ****ing idiot
PatAg
AG
aTmAg said:

PatAg said:

aTmAg said:

PatAg said:

aTmAg said:

Does the book go into the "don't kill all the civilians" stuff as much as the show? Seems like they are going way too 21st century on that sentiment. Back in the days prior to laser guided bombs and stuff, they had no choice than to waste the entire city. Hell as recetnly as 80 years ago we'd go Dresden on an entire city because we didn't have the ability to do pinpoint attacks.
I think the book, and show, both give you the reason Jaime got dubbed the Kingslayer was because the Mad King was about to burn the whole city rather than lose it. He had also previous burnt the two Starks alive...or burnt one while the other hanged I think.
I don't have any issues with the whole kingslayer part of the story. That makes 100% sense to me.

Quote:

Dany has started to show the tendency to make pretty crazy decisions along those lines, hence Tyrion and Varys being worried.
This is the part I disagree with. What crazy has she done? Smoking the Tarlys? That was NOTHING. Making an example of them is way better than executing the entire army. When you don't have the technology that we have today and you need to defeat a king in a city, you have to take out the entire city. That's the way things typically had to be done back then since anything less would result in your annihilation later.

The problem is that Tyrion and Vary's seem to be living in 21st century. If they LGBs or even a good sniper rifle, then the Cersei problem would have been resolved a long time ago without much bloodshed. But that's not their reality. They are in a reality where you gotta march entire armies into cities and whatnot.
Except that the Night's Watch exists for this purpose. Both of her advisors were even telling her to do this. The show starts immediately after a rebellion, where they take over King's Landing without taking out the entire city. We are even told this in the show.
So my point is that the fact that her advisers are wringing their hands about this is nonsense. In such a world they wouldn't bat an eye about it. (If we pretend it is somewhat relatable to Earth a thousand or so years ago)
Except that in this world, it's been established numerous times that it IS that way. Cities still get sacked of course, but that's different than burning them alive with dragonfire. You can think it's exactly like the Middle Ages all you like, but George Martin wrote this story and created this world. So if its written a certain way, than it is that way.
PatAg
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

There are plenty of posts that have said it's worse than The Walking Dead. Someone with that opinion is a ****ing idiot.
Glad I didn't see those posts. Not sure how someone that stupid can operate a keyboard.
bobinator
AG
I don't know if you blocked me or what but that's not at all what war was like a thousand years ago.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

On a similar note - I don't know if those scorpions on the castle walls spin 180 degrees. they probably only rotate less than 90 degrees each way so they don't shoot each other or get turned on each other.

could the dragon come straight down in the middle of all of that and torch them all from the inside along the walls????
PatAg
AG
Anyone else cynical enough to think they are writing this season with a budget in mind...and they know they ran out of money to keep showing multiple dragons and a direwolf?

Not completely joking
canadiaggie
AG
PatAg said:

Anyone else cynical enough to think they are writing this season with a budget in mind...and they know they ran out of money to keep showing multiple dragons and a direwolf?

Not completely joking

I buy it with Ghost but they seem to have a second major battle to budget into this season
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
ATM1876 said:

One last ride...

I live my life a quarter mile at a time.
TyHolden
AG
Bunk Moreland said:

At this point I'm rooting for cersei to win. Everyone else has shown to be far too dumb. Of course there's zero chance of thsy happening.
in real life, she probably would. well-rested army, dragon-killing machines, wild fire, no heart, location....she should win this.
Broba Fett
Favorite part of episode is definitely Tormund drinking sobbing about Brienne and then the camera pans out to a grumpy Hound.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Broba Fett said:

Favorite part of episode is definitely Tormund drinking sobbing about Brienne and then the camera pans out to a grumpy Hound.

For 2 seconds I thought Sansa......no.

MBAR
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

There are posts that have said it's worse than The Walking Dead. Someone with that opinion is a ****ing idiot
I saw people online compare it to the end of Dexter. I loved this weeks epsidoe but I did have issues with some things but thats every show on TV. Nothing is perfect but this one is an amazing ride.
DannyDuberstein
AG
The Hound was great in this one. Usually is.
Cappo
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Tension filled. And I still really have no good idea how it ends. Theories, but nothing I'm super confident in. I think it's been a fun ride. The ride definitely accelerated the past 2 seasons and some of the the story and character development probably suffered for it, but I don't know how anyone could not be enjoying this and instead choosing to nitpick it to death.
well said and spot on - too many nancies
gigemJTH12
AG
Some of y'all need to read this. Game of Thrones is no exception. And they are doing a great job outside of a few errors.

MBAR
AG
DSAg44 said:

Bunk Moreland said:

in real life, she probably would. well-rested army, dragon-killing machines, wild fire, no heart, location....she should win this.
LOL
aTmAg
AG
PatAg said:

aTmAg said:

PatAg said:

aTmAg said:

PatAg said:

aTmAg said:

Quote:

So my point is that the fact that her advisers are wringing their hands about this is nonsense. In such a world they wouldn't bat an eye about it. (If we pretend it is somewhat relatable to Earth a thousand or so years ago)
Except that in this world, it's been established numerous times that it IS that way. Cities still get sacked of course, but that's different than burning them alive with dragonfire. You can think it's exactly like the Middle Ages all you like, but George Martin wrote this story and created this world. So if its written a certain way, than it is that way.
I'm arguing that is a flaw in GRRM's story. Not that I can't do it any better. His dialog, story telling, etc. is 1000X better than I could ever do. Just that there is a reason people did the things they did back then, and it's not merely that "we are better than they were".
MBAR
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Some of y'all need to read this. Game of Thrones is no exception. And they are doing a great job outside of a few errors.

FWIW I loved the Lost ending. IDGAF about explanations about the smoke monsters. For me, the ending was perfect.

The only show I know that's absolutely nailed a landing that almost everyone agrees with is Breaking Bad.
Bunk Moreland
DannyDuberstein said:

The Hound was great in this one. Usually is.

I think he's been the best actor on screen this entire season. Fantastic work. And I loved the call back scene as they rode off together.
First Page Last Page
Page 250 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.