****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,899,867 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
DannyDuberstein
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I realize that. I'm just not into nitpicking it.

Not to mention, when 1 of your 2 last dragons just got killed in an ambush, I'm gonna chalk up fog of war vs. an immediate, well thought out counter.
MBAR
AG
Lex said:

Arya crushed my dreams for her. I wanted her to kill Cersei then go back to Gendry. He likes her the way she is. All murdery and *****
She's stated from episode one that she's not a lady. Arya isn't going to give up who she is - a bad ass assasai - for a piece of ass. Absolutely true to the chracter IMO.
Joseph Parrish
AG
wangus12 said:

Just Have Drogon attack the castle walls at night. They can't aim in the dark, but the walls will be perfectly marked with torches. Easy targets

Drogon is a giant torch though...
oragator
I think the fact that the show is ending is unfairly raising the expectations of some of these last episodes. If this had been a middle episode of season 4, half of the complaints wouldn't be there.

If I had to put my finger on the problem this season though is that it has spent wayyyy to much time on schmaltzy character stuff. The first scene was like 20 minutes and way too long...Sansa grieving over Theoron, Dany grieving over Jorah, Jamie and his knights quest, Sansa and the hound, Arya and the hound, Dany vs Sansa, Jon vs Dany etc. half this stuff wasn't needed. It could have been a one hour traditional episode and been way better.
And the show hasn't had the guts this late to kill off a central character. Perfect chance with Tyrion tonight and they didn't take it. Perfect chance last week with all of them and they didn't take it. Makes it look far more formulaic, which this show has never been. Hurts its rep.
wangus12
AG
I feel like its kinda obvious that if they make Dany go full mad queen then she is as good as dead.
MBAR
AG
aTmAg said:

MBAR said:

Champ Bailey said:

Scientific said:

I did enjoy this episode more. If people are complaining it's only because it keeps layering on the fan service & by now this season will be viewed as the worst one.

My only major gripe is the cut off of Jon's revelation. We were all waiting to see what the reaction would be from the girls.

This season is hands down better than season 5 so far.
Not only that they have to end ***** They can't just keep plodding along like a show such as the Walking Dead. At some point you have to finish the story and its obvious GRRM isn't interested i doing it.
I think GRRM wrote himself into a corner and is glad to cash paychecks watching HBO try to get out of it.
100%. And this is with the show ignoring some plots from the show. Imagine if they had to find a way to cram in Stoneheart?
StringerBell
AG
Yo you have more than one scorpion and it's game over for the dragon. Threat neutralized.
aTmAg
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Are there season spoilers on freefolk or just spoilers from this episode? Not down for season spoilers but I need my memes!
I think you may have meant that for somebody else. I'm avoiding freefolk.
gigemJTH12
AG
There needs to be an "I'm done with GOT and nothing they can do will please me" thread.

I'm fine with discussion on both sides, but some of y'all are too far gone and just *****ing to *****.
canadiaggie
AG
MBAR said:

Lex said:

Arya crushed my dreams for her. I wanted her to kill Cersei then go back to Gendry. He likes her the way she is. All murdery and *****
She's stated from episode one that she's not a lady. Arya isn't going to give up who she is - a bad ass assasai - for a piece of ass. Absolutely true to the chracter IMO.
Arya, Tyrion, and Varys all went completely back to being true to character this episode
wangus12
AG
Only when he opens his mouth
Just mix up his flight patterns and use quick bursts. They'd never be able to track him
spag.ag2003
AG
aTmAg said:

MBAR said:

Champ Bailey said:

Scientific said:

I did enjoy this episode more. If people are complaining it's only because it keeps layering on the fan service & by now this season will be viewed as the worst one.

My only major gripe is the cut off of Jon's revelation. We were all waiting to see what the reaction would be from the girls.

Not only that they have to end ***** They can't just keep plodding along like a show such as the Walking Dead. At some point you have to finish the story and its obvious GRRM isn't interested i doing it.
I think GRRM wrote himself into a corner and is glad to cash paychecks watching HBO try to get out of it.
I think GRRM wants to finish the books much more than anyone on this thread wants to read them. I absolutely agree he wrote himself into a corner and is feeling immense pressure to deliver something great and the anxiety is too big for him to overcome at this time. I absolutely disagree that it's laziness and he doesn't care enough to tell his story. Hope he does.
gigemJTH12
AG
I don't mind the character love stuff. The show is ending. There can't be fighting, deception, and lies in every single scene y'all. That just not a real thing that happens.
bobinator
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Euron and Cersei's convo about that will happen next episode.

I assume so, but that would have been a cool moment to actually see.
DannyDuberstein
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

There needs to be an "I'm done with GOT and nothing they can do will please me" thread.

I'm fine with discussion on both sides, but some of y'all are too far gone and just *****ing to *****.
Agree. I've been critical at times, but at this point, I'm not seeing any way to wrap this up that would make some happy. When you boil it down, it would take about 11-12 seasons to please some here. They aren't doing that.
DollahBillzYo!
They should of just done 10 episodes per 7 and 8 seasons and I bet it would of been enough time to draw it out.

I enjoy the shows, I think it's a great story but I can see some of the issues with these last 2 seasons.
johncAG
AG
The amount of complaining is insane. This show is not perfect and may not ever reach the heights of early seasons and first three books but to act like this show has gotten as bad as the Walking Dead is so crazy. Shocking deaths in early seasons are what make the show great, but now they are bad and make no sense. Robb falling in love with Talisa made no sense but it happened so it could give us the Red Wedding.
MBAR
AG
canadiaggie said:

MBAR said:

Lex said:

Arya, Tyrion, and Varys all went completely back to being true to character this episode
I really thought others did too. Bron was absolutely who he usually is in this episode. So was Jamie.
aTmAg
AG
Prediction: Dany will give up the throne and give it to Jon Snow and give her life in the process. (Showing ironically that she was worthy of it herself).

Stretch prediction: Somehow she will go down as the prince(ss) that was promised because of this.
wangus12
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

Are there season spoilers on freefolk or just spoilers from this episode? Not down for season spoilers but I need my memes!
Yes. Or at least speculated leaks about possible future spoilers that were right about the 2 deaths tonight
MBAR
AG
spag.ag2003 said:

aTmAg said:

MBAR said:

Champ Bailey said:

Scientific said:

I think GRRM wants to finish the books much more than anyone on this thread wants to read them. I absolutely agree he wrote himself into a corner and is feeling immense pressure to deliver something great and the anxiety is too big for him to overcome at this time. I absolutely disagree that it's laziness and he doesn't care enough to tell his story. Hope he does.
No one said it was laziness. He's writing a lot these days, and even in the same universe, but its clear as day this dude has no intention of finishing Winds of Winter.
dc509
AG
And don't forget about "A Dream of Spring."
bobinator
AG
A non plot thing that bothers me this season is how often we're about to get a scene with two characters discussing something important and then it cuts away.

Like, after all that, we didn't get to actually see Sansa and Arya learn about Jon. That's a critical moment in the relationship of the four Starks, and we didn't get to see it.
PatAg
AG
spag.ag2003 said:

aTmAg said:

MBAR said:

Champ Bailey said:

Scientific said:

I think he refuses to just write the 2 books with whatever plots make it end. That's basically what we are getting with the show. It's decent enough, but lacking the quality of earlier books.
Hopefully he eventually comes up with enough ideas that meet the high standard he has set.
spag.ag2003
AG
Laziness was the wrong word. I disagree that he has no intention of finishing Winds of Winter.

I think we'll get that book. A Dream of Spring is the one I'm worried about.
Joseph Parrish
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

I don't mind the character love stuff. The show is ending. There can't be fighting, deception, and lies in every single scene y'all. That just not a real thing that happens.

Neither is not destroying your greatest threat when it's right in front of you like the ending scene. That's just not s real thing that happens.
Charlie Conway
Bron being an ******* to Jaime and Tyrion made no sense. He's be friendly and cordial with them this whole time and then all of a sudden he's a ****ing dick to them. His character is a sell sword, has always been that way. If he wants to kill one of them find, but to him it's always been about the money. It makes no sense for him to waltz in and be an ******* to them.

Jamie spent 7+ seasons redeeming his character, he's always been my favorite, trying to do what he thought was best as a knight faced with really tough decisions, and then tonight he just leaves to go back to Cersei after everything he's seen and done. They cut back his character arc with a machete.

I won't touch the not seeing a fleet of ships behind a cliff while you're flying through the ****ing sky on a dragon.
MBAR
AG
Also its shocking to me that no one has even brought up how jarring the scorpion killing Rhegal was. That was textbook GoT and its not even getting a mention here. **** the Missandi death was pretty ****ing crazy too and people are just like "but Tyrion didn't die.

Now its clear why we didn't see Greyworm die last episode. It was so we could see him get totally ****ed this episode. This show is going to **** with your emotions so I'm not sure why everyone is in such a rush to get deaths in every episode.
wangus12
AG
aTmAg said:

Prediction: Dany will give up the throne and give it to Jon Snow and give her life in the process. (Showing ironically that she was worthy of it herself).

Stretch prediction: Somehow she will go down as the prince(ss) that was promised because of this.
With no red priestesses around, I doubt there is anymore PTWP storyline
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Alright, I'm ready to call it. No more Howland Reed.

Eating three eyed crow.
Bunk Moreland
bobinator said:

A non plot thing that bothers me this season is how often we're about to get a scene with two characters discussing something important and then it cuts away.

Like, after all that, we didn't get to actually see Sansa and Arya learn about Jon. That's a critical moment in the relationship of the four Starks, and we didn't get to see it.

Because these writers aren't good enough to deliver that scene without someone else writing it for them.
FriendlyAg
Honestly, I would have been pissed, but killed Tyrion would have been more exciting and shocking than missendrei. I just don't care about missendrei and greyworm.
Pignorant
AG
Tyrion knowing about Cersei's baby should tip off Euron that it is not his child.

Because Tyrion left KL well before Euron arrived.
aggiejim70
AG
Question is..... .Is Grayjoy thinking how can Tyrion know Cersi was carrying my kid? The siblings have not talked since the big confab at the dragon pit. Cersi and Grayjoy were not an item then.
The person that is not willing to fight and die, if need be, for his country has no right to life.

James Earl Rudder '32
January 31, 1945
StringerBell
AG
Danys ego will be the death of her. And it's gonna happen soon.

She should have listened and taken a damn break but she was too threatened by Sansa
First Page Last Page
Page 247 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.