****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,899,973 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
FIDO95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I was really hoping for Howland Reed and Dawn as well. Would have been great to tie all that in but there really isn't enough time. Maybe still a chance when Jon and Dany move South. With their army wiped out, they will need to collect the Glovers and any other Banners that were not at Winterfell.

I agree that there are Lots of loose ends on the NK, AA, spiral formations, etc. I guess now all the TV viewers know how readers felt when chapters of buildup on certain characters were wiped out in a quick breath of dragon fire.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
BCG Disciple
AG
double aught said:

aTmAg said:

Personally, I think that if Jon had killed the NK it would have been lame as hell. WAY too predictable. I'm glad GoT is not Rocky in that aspect.
Rocky lost, dude.

Furlock Bones
AG
FIDO95 said:

I was really hoping for Howland Reed and Dawn as well. Would have been great to tie all that in but there really isn't enough time. Maybe still a chance when Jon and Dany move South. With their army wiped out, they will need to collect the Glovers and any other Banners that were not at Winterfell.

I agree that there are Lots of loose ends on the NK, AA, spiral formations, etc. I guess now all the TV viewers know how readers felt when chapters of buildup on certain characters were wiped out in a quick breath of dragon fire.
do the Dornish show up and join an actual fight?
Cromagnum
AG
So since Bran was worthless last episode, the only explanation I have is that he was warging around inside Ghost after the raven spies.
aTmAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

aTmAg said:

double aught said:

aTmAg said:

Personally, I think that if Jon had killed the NK it would have been lame as hell. WAY too predictable. I'm glad GoT is not Rocky in that aspect.
Rocky lost, dude.
Rocky 1 was good. I'm talking Rocky 2 through 200.

not that they were good movies but he also lost in Rocky III (Clubber Lang) and Rocky Balboa or VI (Mason Dixon).

His overall record (because he was a spare before Rocky) was 57-23-1.
So what you are saying is that a Jon vs NK would have been even MORE lame than a Rocky movie?
CFTXAG10
AG
I hope they tell Yara this Sunday how much of a bada** her brother is/was
BenFiasco14
AG
*next episode opens at Winterfell, Howland Reed rides into the courtyard and TexAgs collectively swoons*

HR: I'm here to see the Dragon Queen

Dany: Who are you?

HR: Why, it's me, Howland Reed, the only other person who was with Ned Stark when he was tasked with raising Jon as his...

Dany: Who TF are you and why do I care about you? What proof do you have?

HR: Well, like I was saying, I was there with...

Dany: GTFO

Show watchers: who the **** is Howland Reed??
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
No I'm saying Rocky also lost fights later. You seemed to imply he only lost in Rocky I.

Thought that was clear. I literally said they were not good movies either.
dc509
AG
That's one way they could do it. At this point I don't think the sword will come into play though which I'm fine with. Brining the Reed's in now though (not saying they will) actually makes sense. That's a good point Jon's parentage matters in regard to the iron throne whereas it wasn't important against the Night King.
DannyDuberstein
AG
I"m going to need to name my next dog Howland Reed.
gigemJTH12
AG
TPS_Report said:

Get ready for some major time condensing in the next episode. They will get to king's landing in a heartbeat.

That's not really a problem though.

Just because they get there soon doesn't necessarily mean they traveled faster than realistically possible.

Unless they come out and say "man that battle last week was crazy", it's perfect normal to assume we are getting the next episode a month down the road.

They are definitely in WF this episode, I expect them to leave toward the end, and then when episode 5 picks up they will be close. And it's our job to assume a month has gone by.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

*next episode opens at Winterfell, Howland Reed rides into the courtyard and TexAgs collectively swoons*

HR: Why, it's me, Howland Reed, the only other person who was with Ned Stark when he was tasked with raising Jon as his...

congrats. you created the dumbest way possible to do it. that proves nothing but that you can create dumb scenarios.

i could get it done in less than 3 minutes of screentime and it would make sense to people who ONLY watch the show. in fact i've posted such a scenario here.

BenFiasco14
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

BenFiasco14 said:

congrats. you created the dumbest way possible to do it. that proves nothing but that you can create dumb scenarios.

Let me have some fun, sheesh. Dracarys on your azz
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nobody in this thread has posted more about Howland Reed than Ben. Dude's obsessed.
BenFiasco14
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Nobody in this thread has posted more about Howland Reed than Ben. Dude's obsessed.
I admit, I find it hysterical for some reason. I love it. I'm gonna try and spread this TexAgs meme to other boards
Belton Ag
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

You should write tons of Howland Reed fan fiction and self-publish. I bet you'd clean up.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Sorry then.... just been like 500 sarcastic Howland Reed comments the last few weeks.

I'm more tired of them then of the Howland Reed theories.
aTmAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

No I'm saying Rocky also lost fights later. You seemed to imply he only lost in Rocky I.

Maybe I should pick a Van Damm (sp?) movie? The bad guy is bad, good guy is good, the entire movie is building up to a boss fight at the end. Van Damm gets his ass kicked a bit, wiped the blood off his chin, finds some new determination and wins in the end (and gets the girl).

I'm glad GoT didn't go there.
Teddy Perkins
AG
This dude was onto something connecting the dots between Catspaw being Lightbringer and the Azor Ahai prophecy.

EFE
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

He'll probably run off and you'll never see him again, but you'll have that one great memory of him to obsess over for years to come.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm sorry but Rocky IV is greatness.
BenFiasco14
AG
Belton Ag said:

BenFiasco14 said:

You should write tons of Howland Reed fan fiction and self-publish. I bet you'd clean up.
Thanks, I'll advertise it on my Instagram fitness model page
ac04
Furlock Bones said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

TPS_Report said:

TPS_Report said:

Qyburn kills Varys. The Little Birds kill Qyburn.

The Mountain kills Arya. The Hound kills The Mountain.

Cersei kills Sansa. Tyrion kills Cersei.

Jon rules the North, Dany rules the South.

Sam appointed head of the Citadel.

BTW, this is my prediction, not my preference.
I don't think Arya and Sansa both die.

Torn on who kills Cersei - Arya, Jaime or Tyrion.
Jaime and Cersei go down together someway.
there's a name for that but i'm not sure it had been invented yet
dc509
AG
My interest in any of the Howland Reed theories was simply that it made sense as a way to verify Jon's parentage. How it would have been done I have no idea, but it made sense to me.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I'm sorry but Rocky IV is greatness.
It is basically one long music video, but it is still greatness.
chase128
AG
I watched it again last night on my computer. Was darker than my tv but whatever. I think I enjoyed it more the second time.
The music from the final scene, with the cello and piano, is in my head this morning. Really cool, tense, scene and the music was perfect.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
dc509 said:

My interest in any of the Howland Reed theories was simply that it made sense as a way to verify Jon's parentage. How it would have been done I have no idea, but it made sense to me.
gigemJTH12
AG
trueaggie2782 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Interesting. That's the first complaint I've seen from an HBO viewer. I guess it must be the TV's, then.

I literally bought my TV on a Best Buy special, it's an Insignia without any fancy settings, and it honestly looked perfectly fine for me.

It's really odd how it was fine for some and awful for others.

Here's an example. On my TCL, when the Dothraki were charging, all I saw were the flames from their swords. The rest was washed out blackness. When I watched it again on my LG, I could see each individual horse/rider as well as the dead hoard that they were approaching. It was mind boggling what I missed on Sunday night.

Okay this is interesting. I am part of the "I saw things fine" camp, and I didn't see the dead that the Dothraki were approaching. I haven't watched on HBO Go yet so I'm very excited now.
Marcus Aurelius
AG
I forgot about Bran giving that dagger to Arya. Very prophetic.
Fenrir
Od course it's great. Rocky healed relations between America and Russia by punching a Russian. That's pretty much the pinnacle of film making.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aTmAg said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Maybe I should pick a Van Damm (sp?) movie? The bad guy is bad, good guy is good, the entire movie is building up to a boss fight at the end. Van Damm gets his ass kicked a bit, wiped the blood off his chin, finds some new determination and wins in the end (and gets the girl).

I'm glad GoT didn't go there.
yeah I'm not arguing for that in GOT. I liked the ending ok...... personally I would have had 1 of 3 things though:

1. Arya in the tree and not able to fly. just drops on him.
2. faceless Arya replaces Bran in the chair - stands up (ohhhhh moment) and then knife's him. then reveals she is Arya and Bran is on the ground behind the tree (so NK still sensed him).
3. Jon leads the way in fighting the other WW kills a few but ultimately fails, falling to his knees in a semicircle of WW protecting the NK and while slumped over ninja Arya sweeps in while they are focused on Jon and leaps off his back and then does what she did.

but whatever. i just didn't like her ability to a. get past the other WW unscathed and b. leap 8 feet in the air.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh ***** I guess I need to rewatch it too with my settings changed.

You could actually see the dead on the left side of the screen during the charge?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Howling Reed
Change Detection
AG
So a question regarding the poor viewer experience. When streaming video, is resolution lost to save bandwidth?
In the audio word, a MP3 file sounds worse than a WAV file, frequencies are lost in compression. I have to believe that compression schemes in video streaming have to effect the signal and is not loss-less. If so, the streaming video experience is going to be poorer than cable/DirecTV, etc.
First Page Last Page
Page 202 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.