****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,738 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wannaggie said:

TPS_Report said:

Qyburn kills Varys. The Little Birds kill Qyburn.

The Mountain kills Arya. The Hound kills The Mountain.

Cersei kills Sansa. Tyrion kills Cersei.

Jon rules the North, Dany rules the South.

Sam appointed head of the Citadel.

Sam is a total loser, featured in the series primarily to give the mom's-basement nerds in the audience someone to identify with.

Sam as head of the Citadel would plunge the continent into a dark(er) age within 10 years.

GRR Martin is writing an homage to Lord of the Rings, Samwell Tarly is basically a copy of Samwise Gamgee, the roly poly buddy of the hero that is forever loyal. Heeven made the names similar.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be accepted at face value.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
mazzag said:

I wonder if the intro will change again?

This is weirdly one of the things that's most intriguing to me.
The Dog Lord
AG
bonfarr said:

wannaggie said:

TPS_Report said:

Qyburn kills Varys. The Little Birds kill Qyburn.

The Mountain kills Arya. The Hound kills The Mountain.

Cersei kills Sansa. Tyrion kills Cersei.

Jon rules the North, Dany rules the South.

Sam appointed head of the Citadel.

Sam is a total loser, featured in the series primarily to give the mom's-basement nerds in the audience someone to identify with.

Sam as head of the Citadel would plunge the continent into a dark(er) age within 10 years.

GRR Martin is writing an homage to Lord of the Rings, Samwell Tarly is basically a copy of Samwise Gamgee, the roly poly buddy of the hero that is forever loyal. Heeven made the names similar.

And Sam will lead the Citadel to new heights much like Samwise did with the Shire!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
redline248 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Anyone have a better kill resume than Arya?
Without going through it, Jon has to be up there.

2 White Walkers against her 1 Night King

Pretty sure 1 NK = ~99 WW
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

mazzag said:

I wonder if the intro will change again?

This is weirdly one of the things that's most intriguing to me.
Probably starts with a smoldering Winterfell, then Iron Islands, then KL. Unless something is up in the Riverlands, maybe Bronn heading north?
PatAg
AG
The Dog Lord said:

One huge issue I have with this episode is the wig (assuming it's a wig) used by Tyrion's stunt double.

https://i.imgur.com/fMZOqjd.mp4
Holy **** that was supposed to be Tyrion?
Marcus Aurelius
AG
Excellent episode. Re-watched. I do think the NK too easily killed. But amazing filming/CGI, drama.
n_touch
I thought it was some random kid running....
c-jags
I just rewatched. I've decided Arya getting the kill wasn't cheap. NK had the chance to face Jon in the open field and just raised the dead instead.

He was so arrogant that he deserved it.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I laughed out loud at that Tyrion wig. Wow.
redline248
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

redline248 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Anyone have a better kill resume than Arya?
Without going through it, Jon has to be up there.

2 White Walkers against her 1 Night King

Pretty sure 1 NK = ~99 WW
I personally don't think the chain reaction counts (someone already posted the Gimli "that still counts as one" pic), nor do I think killing zombies counts. However, if we are going that route, Arya obviously wins on total, but Jon got a pretty big lead before hand by burning them with dragon fire. Or do those kills count for Rhaegal only?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, good point if you count wights.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But my statement was more along the lines of, NK is a level 99 kill whereas a WW is a level 60 or so kill.

A ton more xp.

Littlefinger, I wouldn't really count for Arya. She got the killing blow but most of the xp went to Sansa.
redline248
AG
You just took the nerd up to 11
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
PatAg said:

The Dog Lord said:

One huge issue I have with this episode is the wig (assuming it's a wig) used by Tyrion's stunt double.

No that was a kid. the girl behind him wasn't Sansa either.

Why would you have a stunt double for that anyway - just running.
redline248
AG
...it might be really hard for Peter Dinklage to run
Liquid Wrench
Yeah, pretty sure that was one of the kids running. Tyrion and Sansa were trying to be quiet and sneak around.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
redline248 said:

He covered that table pretty quickly in Elf.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Still think Euron gets second thoughts when the dragons roll up. He tapped the ass that he said he would, he might not want to be isolated in wooden ships on open water for her anymore.

As a surprise ending, Clegane Bowl unfortunately goes to the Mountain, but Brienne takes him down right after since she bested the Hound. Jamie ends up killing Cersei and then taps Brienne. Don't really care about the actual person on the throne, but it will likely be Dany because Jon DGAF in the grand scheme, especially after the battle in the north, and it would be good for the fan feelz.
bangobango
AG
Grey area has a good synopsis of what people are upset about with the ending.

Thisguy1
The Dog Lord said:

When I saw that I told my wife it looked like they got Chuckie to be his stunt double.
BCG Disciple
AG
redline248 said:

50 year old dwarves don't move like you'd expect those little buggers to move.
The Dog Lord
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

PatAg said:

The Dog Lord said:

That'd be a pretty weird kid. Also, it was right after they went out from behind the statue and right before they ran into Varys and the others.
Fenrir
I assumed it was a special crossover with Willow. I kept looking for Val Kilmer but never found him.
cbr
AG
I have to admit that chuckie scene actually did stand out to me too.

The crew must have been cracking up about it. Surely it's actually a joke.
_lefraud_
AG
Clearly, I'm in the minority, but I'm glad the WW and NK story line is done (hopefully), as I'm more interested with what happens with the characters we've known from episode 1. But then again, I'm not the biggest sci-fi guy either.
Bunk Moreland
The Dog Lord said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

PatAg said:

The Dog Lord said:

That'd be a pretty weird kid. Also, it was right after they went out from behind the statue and right before they ran into Varys and the others.

It was one of many weird cuts and bizarre situations where you didn't really know who it was (could be argued both ways) and none of it mattered.
cbr
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Clearly, I'm in the minority, but I'm glad the WW and NK story line is done (hopefully), as I'm more interested with what happens with the characters we've known from episode 1. But then again, I'm not the biggest sci-fi guy either.

Dragons didn't make a fan out of you? I have to admit when they napalmed the supply train my military history geek had a serious hard on. The hot slinky blonde rider didn't hurt either.
PatAg
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

PatAg said:

The Dog Lord said:

Pretty sure it was The Leprechaunnnnn
PatAg
AG
_lefraud_ said:

Totally with you. I think they were more interesting as a sort of bogeyman,and probably peaked in the Hardhome episode.
Bunk Moreland
I'm fine getting past that storyline too but at the same time I feel line we haven't had enough of cersei to set the scene. Really hoping a majority of this week is focused in KL so we can balance the scales on both sides of the upcoming war.
La Bamba
AG
Re-watched. I can't believe we did not get Jon v NK nor a single battle of the show's main characters armed with Valyrian Steel against any WW. The WW literally did NOTHING at all.

Now what do we have left? Jon fighting .....Euron?

I would love to know how the heck Arya teleported. Even if they tell us the ****ing Hound tossed her 50 yards to the NK, anything will be better than what they showed. Sorry to crap on the parade. The episode was really well done for the most part.
RadAg14
AG
chipotle
La Bamba said:

Re-watched. I can't believe we did not get Jon v NK nor a single battle of the show's main characters armed with Valyrian Steel against any WW. The WW literally did NOTHING at all.

Hot Pie gonna stab Cersei in the throat with Widow's Wail. Calling it.
La Bamba
AG
chipotle said:

La Bamba said:

Hot Pie gonna stab Cersei in the throat with Widow's Wail. Calling it.

We've got a chick fight to the end. Dany v Cersei. Dany v Sansa (who is still a bit of a Dany hater). Arya v Cersei. We may have Hound v Mountain, which would be nice. And then the Brothers Lannister v Bronn maybe? Like, there just aren't exciting matchups left.
First Page Last Page
Page 198 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.