****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,616 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Charlie Conway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
streetfighter2012 said:

With the NK and his army on the steps of Winterfell, where is the snow/bitter cold? When Stannis was making his way to Winterfell his whole army was decimated by the storms/cold. In the last two episodes nothing has been shown to indicate that winter isn't just coming but it has arrived. Isn't the NK supposed to basically bring 40 ft snowdrifts with him?
well that would make it difficult to watch wouldn't it
Farmer1906
AG
Doesn't bother me. It's in the trailer. We've all seen it.
redline248
AG
Loosely GoT related
wangus12
AG
redline248 said:

If I go to youtube and type in "game of thrones" there a number of videos that claim "season 8 episode 3 spoilers leaked!!" I don't click on them, obviously, but if it's true that things have leaked, it makes me question everyone's predictions.
I've followed the leaks pretty regularly and there has been only one semi-possible spoiler about the season posted and I don't think it involves the upcoming episode.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Ranger222 said:

Does anyone understand the reanimation rules for the undead army? This gets back to the theory that the NK is going to KL for a "2nd army". In the Hardhome episode, the NK raises what I assumed was both his dead army and the "freshly" dead to show his power. This is what makes the army of the dead so frightening -- not just their numbers but that they can be raised again if need be (potentially I guess). What keeps the NK from raising up the newly dead during the battle of Winterfell? Imagine the terror of seeing your brother that was just fallen rise up to now be an enemy and someone you must kill. This keeps the undead army resupplying with numbers, to the point that there is no hope for the living. I assume that 1) dragon fire and 2) dragon glass would keep the dead from being reanimated a 2nd time. We just really don't know how these powers work. Do they work south of the wall or does the NK have the army that he has?

Just don't see the need for the NK to go to KL for more numbers to his army if he can just re-raise who he already has and the freshly dead from the Winterfell battle. I doubt those in combat would have the time or the means to burn everyone who falls during battle to prevent that from happening but maybe we'll see that.
It's kind of hard for me to wrap my head around the limitations of power that the NK has. Like, what keeps him from re-awakening every dead soldier and wight on the battlefield constantly? Also, how does a zombie who's already missing vital organs and blood die from a stab wound? Lol
SpreadsheetAg
AG
FIDO95 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

can't do it - hate that guys voice. rarely watch his videos because of it.

I agree it is hard to get over the guys voice. I able to overcome it because I'm a nerd for GOT. Now if could only find a voice like this guy:

The actor who plays Beric Dondarrian should narrate everything. Great voice.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
I recently went and read and/or watched a few complete S8 spoiler threads and videos proclaimed to be from someone that had previously leaked stuff in other seasons..... I watched or read up through E2,.....

they were all comically horribly terribly wrong. I laughed at the absurdity of most of them.

One of them opened with Cersei having a very graphic miscarriage in E1. lol
Another had Theon and Yara dead at the hands of Euron in E2.
Most had a lot of other action going on in E1 and E2 in Essos or Dorne or the Vale, etc. including little Robyn throwing a temper tantrum over his army still being in WF.

like 98% wrong and what was right was like predictable (Jaime goes to WF).

the ONE potential spoiler I saw from all that - which was posted here as a theory was:
the one about LF being alive and faking his death but that was rampant in prediction videos. i have no idea if it ends up being true or not. just using spoiler tags out of precaution. although they had it revealed by E2 so...

not saying there are not real leaks....but many are just hot garbage.

OldShadeOfBlue
AG
I've given some thought to the NK faking out Winterfell and going to KL and I'm not really on board with it based on what the clues we have. If Bran is correct/truthful about the NKs intentions of destroying Bran and the memory of the world, he has no purpose in KL. Also, what would the capitol of Westeros and the Iron Throne even mean to him? It matters to the living but pretty pointless to the dead. If his plan is to destroy mankind Winterfell is the first kingdom in his path and they all mean the same to him.
OldShadeOfBlue
AG
Urban Ag said:

I think the wind/snow swept throne room in KL is foreshadowing that after Cersei dies the throne may remain unseated. I'm not sold on there being a clear cut next King or Queen that sits the thrown. It could be symbolic of an end to a single ruler of Westeros. And snow may be just because it's winter now.

Maybe they show the crypts at KL in the opener because Cersei may have wildfire staged in the crypts to blow the city up the same way she did with the wildfire in the crypts under the Great Sept?

I think that scene had more to do with Dany being shown what she wanted to see while in the House of the Undying, not a foreshadowing. The ceiling burned off the red keep and the floor covered in Ash (snow?). Note that right after that she saw Drogo with their baby. The only thing that has always thrown me off was whether the throne room was covered in ash or snow.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If he goes to the Citadel, I called it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

The actor who plays Beric Dondarrian should narrate everything. Great voice.
He should've been the new Scar.
bangobango
AG
Went down a rabbit hole with those YouTube links and one of the videos was a guy reading about Dany in the house of the undying. It reminded me that it said the dragon has three heads.

The speculation on this has always been Jon, Dany, and Tyrion, but I don't think it's Tyrion.

I think it's a Stark. Then you have the Targaryan, the Stark, and then Jon as the mix of the two houses.

This may be duh for a lot of you, but I never really considered it and I've not seen it on any of these threads on here.
Urban Ag
AG
That's a great point, the visions could be a mix of future events or things she wants to see come to pass.
DCPD158
AG
Prediction: Hodor zombie in the Godswood
Company I-1, Ord-Ords '85 -12thFan and Websider-
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
OldShadeOfBlue said:

Urban Ag said:

I think the wind/snow swept throne room in KL is foreshadowing that after Cersei dies the throne may remain unseated. I'm not sold on there being a clear cut next King or Queen that sits the thrown. It could be symbolic of an end to a single ruler of Westeros. And snow may be just because it's winter now.

Maybe they show the crypts at KL in the opener because Cersei may have wildfire staged in the crypts to blow the city up the same way she did with the wildfire in the crypts under the Great Sept?

I think that scene had more to do with Dany being shown what she wanted to see while in the House of the Undying, not a foreshadowing. The ceiling burned off the red keep and the floor covered in Ash (snow?). Note that right after that she saw Drogo with their baby. The only thing that has always thrown me off was whether the throne room was covered in ash or snow.

I'm not sure it's what she wanted to see.....

it shows her unable to reach the throne for example - possibly prophetic
the snow would not relate to her at all really - not in any positive way
the RK destroyed would not be great for her desires - it's like the iron throne and 7 kingdoms destroyed
and she basically was shown that she reunites with Drogo in the afterlife - meaning she dies

those aren't things she wants to happen - basically i think it was all negative from her perspective.
bonfarr
AG
Emilia Clarke gave an interview several months ago where she said reading the final scripts "****ed her up" because her character Danerys has to make some morally ambiguous decisions that some viewers would find fault with and I have seen some speculation on what that could be.
FIDO95
AG
DCPD158 said:

No way that is true!?!

GRRM would have to be sadistic AF.

...Oh, damn.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FIDO95
AG
GreyArea has some great predictions that seem viable for anyone interested. No spoilers, just theories:

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
G Martin 87
AG
FIDO95 said:

DCPD158 said:

No way that is true!?!

GRRM would have to be sadistic AF.

...Oh, damn.
Rustys-Beef-o-Reeno
AG
Are we sure Arya is running through the winterfell crypts in terror during the trailer and not kings landing basements?
The Dog Lord
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Calling my shot: with the forces at WF distracted, the NK goes to the Iron Islands. He kills everyone shortly after Yara takes them back and destroys the ships that could potentially be used to ferry the survivors from WF to the islands. He then flies to Essos and lays waste to everything. He keeps flying east to Asshai so that we finally get to see what that place is like.

While there, he learns magic that allows him to reconnect Dorne to Essos via land bridge. He uses said bridge to bring his new Essos army back to Westeros. He then conquers Westeros from south to north and arrives at the Neck just in time to meet the survivors of WF with his new army of 20,000,000 (because why go to WF first when there are others available, right?).

Unfortunately for him, the NK failed to check his right flank or else he would have seen Robin Arryn with a quiver full of new dragonglass arrows. Robin nails that sucker in the right eye and the army of the dead collapses. The day seems won for the living, but the presence of 20,000,000 corpses results in a plague that wipes out those that are left.

Fast forward 1000 years. The natural world has reclaimed the cities of men. Weirwoods are again found in abundance. We zoom in on the face of one, and Sean Bean's voice says "we must prevent the patriarchy from destroying our world as well."

Forum 16 explodes.
Thisguy1
If the NK were on his way to King's Landing, wouldn't Bran know?
M.C. Swag
AG
Maaaaaaybe....maybe like, not participate in this thread if you are gonna go spoiler hunting?
chase128
AG
Pretty much yeah haha which is one of the reasons it's a silly theory. For it to happen, Bran has to basically betray everyone and be lying.
M.C. Swag
AG
This is one of the biggest gripes I have about people posting 'theories' when in reality they're just farming stuff from the internet. Only god knows what is really someone's best guess vs someone who has actually read spoilers. And if you're out there reading EVERYTHING that EVERYONE is postulating, there's no way you haven't inadvertently stumbled across massive spoilers.

And all of that leads to this culture of 'one-up-manship' and score tallying.
bonfarr
AG
The Dog Lord said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Calling my shot: with the forces at WF distracted, the NK goes to the Iron Islands. He kills everyone shortly after Yara takes them back and destroys the ships that could potentially be used to ferry the survivors from WF to the islands. He then flies to Essos and lays waste to everything. He keeps flying east to Asshai so that we finally get to see what that place is like.

While there, he learns magic that allows him to reconnect Dorne to Essos via land bridge. He uses said bridge to bring his new Essos army back to Westeros. He then conquers Westeros from south to north and arrives at the Neck just in time to meet the survivors of WF with his new army of 20,000,000 (because why go to WF first when there are others available, right?).

Unfortunately for him, the NK failed to check his right flank or else he would have seen Robin Arryn with a quiver full of new dragonglass arrows. Robin nails that sucker in the right eye and the army of the dead collapses. The day seems won for the living, but the presence of 20,000,000 corpses results in a plague that wipes out those that are left.

Fast forward 1000 years. The natural world has reclaimed the cities of men. Weirwoods are again found in abundance. We zoom in on the face of one, and Sean Bean's voice says "we must prevent the patriarchy from destroying our world as well."

Forum 16 explodes.

Yara only has 3 ships left, it would take a hell of a lot more to ferry survivors to the Iron Islands unless practically everyone dies.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Maaaaaaybe....maybe like, not participate in this thread if you are gonna go spoiler hunting?

reading comprehension perhaps.....

I'm not spoiler hunting - I was verifying if any of those things that claimed to be spoilers had anything right in E1 and E2 only - which would now NOT be spoilers because they have AIRED. I only looked or read up through E2.

If I saw one that was pretty accurate I don't know what I would have done - but I did not. They were obviously complete fiction. So I did not even bother continuing past E2.

was more of a verification that most of the claimed spoilers are bunk anyway. There might be something out there with some correct stuff but I saw none. I mean I only read 2 posts and watched 1 video - those 3 were garbage.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
what made me laugh actually was all the comments on them - BEFORE anything aired buying into the "spoilers"...... those people are very disappointed right now. some bought into them bigtime.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Thisguy1 said:

If the NK were on his way to King's Landing, wouldn't Bran know?
First of all, he does know, because duh, they are the same person.

Second, NK uses time travel to get there.

Third, Howland Reed appears wielding Dawn in one hand and the Infinity Gauntlet in the other, does a snap, and half of Khal Drogo's beard reappears.

Fourth, Sam Tarly breaks the fourth wall, stares into camera, and gives a 20-minute breakdown of whom Azor Ahai was so that when Jon becomes that character at the end of the episode, we can all say "Of course, Azor Ahai, I knew it."
CFTXAG10
AG
I personally have not searched for spoilers because I do not want it "ruined" for me, but I love the back and forth on this thread about the potential for where the show is going. Fans posting their ideas or theories makes it all that more fun, especially since the possibilities are endless

M.C. Swag
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

M.C. Swag said:

I'm not spoiler hunting - I was verifying if any of those things that claimed to be spoilers had anything right in E1 and E2 only - which would now NOT be spoilers because they have AIRED. I only looked or read up through E2.

If I saw one that was pretty accurate I don't know what I would have done - but I did not. They were obviously complete fiction. So I did not even bother continuing past E2.

was more of a verification that most of the claimed spoilers are bunk anyway. There might be something out there with some correct stuff but I saw none. I mean I only read 2 posts and watched 1 video - those 3 were garbage.
Quote:

I recently went and read and/or watched a few complete S8 spoiler threads and videos proclaimed to be from someone that had previously leaked stuff in other seasons.....

You're exposing yourself purposefully to sites, forums, and videos that advertise as 'Spoilers' and you think you can wade through those waters cleanly? That you can just 'stop at episode 2'...what? No way.

And I remember from last season those youtube videos have MASSIVE spoilers in just the thumbnail/preview pic alone. I had to stay away from the site during the entire season because the 'Suggested Viewing' portion had just those types of images.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
So what do I get when Howland Reed shows up?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
CFTXAG10 said:

I personally have not searched for spoilers because I do not want it "ruined" for me, but I love the back and forth on this thread about the potential for where the show is going. Fans posting their ideas or theories makes it all that more fun, especially since the possibilities are endless

I enjoy the theories too - posted as theories nothing wrong with them (assuming they don't come from spoiler places of course).....

And from what I've now seen of pre S8 "spoilers" - the theories here are a lot more plausible then some of the junk thrown out there as "spoilers". what kind of validation do these people get by making stuff up and proposing it as a spoiler when they know it isn't and will be proven wrong eventually. i don't get it.

but theories are fine. i just hate some of the repetition of (some inane) questions or theories here - i know everyone can't be expected to read all response but it gets tiring. I expect 2 more iterations of the spiral symbol = targ symbol stupidity before sunday. i mean.... they are both round so "similar". lmao.

Although I'm extremely guilty of keeping alive the AA, Valonqar, Dany's and other prophecies or visions..... until they don't occur I'll hold out hope for those. lol. The direwolves making some huge impact cracks me up though - I mean that's been pretty much killed by SFX budget and producers have indicated as much.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
M.C. Swag said:

You're exposing yourself
No good message has ever started with the phrase "You're exposing yourself purposefully "
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

M.C. Swag said:

You're exposing yourself purposefully to sites, forums, and videos that advertise as 'Spoilers' and you think you can wade through those waters cleanly? That you can just 'stop at episode 2'...what? No way.

And I remember from last season those youtube videos have MASSIVE spoilers in just the thumbnail/preview pic alone. I had to stay away from the site during the entire season because the 'Suggested Viewing' portion had just those types of images.

they were 98% garbage would not have mattered if I kept reading or watching. but yeah it was quite easy. i clicked the video and it played laying out the season by episode. same with the 2 posts it detailed each episode. and they were laughably stupid. what difference would a thumbnail make when the whole thing was fantasy drivel of some idiot.

i didn't notice any suggested viewing stuff.

it's not that difficult really,.

I avoided everything last week when the episode leaked early somewhere. i don't click on actual leaks.

First Page Last Page
Page 148 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.