****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,469 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
EFE
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Episode IV said:

bonfarr said:

Episode IV said:

So... I am going to be in Mexico for Episode 3 Live-Air... is HBO available in Mexico? Can I stream HBO Now (I have a subscription) from Mexico?

Yes but the broadcast will be in Espanol.
Dubbed, already? Or subtitled?

JUEGO DE TRONS
CHORRO EN ESPANOL
FightinTexasAg15
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
So here's my latest nerd problem with the last episode.
Tormund, Edd, and Beric get to Winterfell in the daytime with knowledge that the WW are 8-12 hours or so behind them. They know which direction they're coming from.

Why in Azor-Ahai's name would you not mount up your Dothraki screamers, give them dragonglass tipped arrows and send them out to scout the enemy numbers? If you see the dragon, you disperse in 100 different directions back to WF. Otherwise, you get true estimates of how many wights, how many giants, how many WW, etc., not to mention you launch a boatload of arrows into their ranks and thin them out before they get to your base? I hate being a book nerd right now.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Tormund, Edd, and Beric get to Winterfell in the daytime with knowledge that the WW are 8-12 hours or so behind them. They know which direction they're coming from.

Why in Azor-Ahai's name would you not mount up your Dothraki screamers, give them dragonglass tipped arrows and send them out to scout the enemy numbers? If you see the dragon, you disperse in 100 different directions back to WF. Otherwise, you get true estimates of how many wights, how many giants, how many WW, etc., not to mention you launch a boatload of arrows into their ranks and thin them out before they get to your base? I hate being a book nerd right now.

cuz a bigger battle at WF makes for better television then a surprise raid to thin the numbers that makes the battle anything less.

agrams
AG
the more tactical approach imo would be the WW just conduct a seige of winterfell. hold off th4 dragons with your ice spears and starve them out.
Belton Ag
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Tormund, Edd and Beric had already scouted everything. They rode past the army and headed into Winterfell to tell everyone.
jenn96
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

Maybe they needed every available man to shore up the defenses st Winterfell and get weapons ready.

But yeah, 1 huge battle at Winterfell is better TV than a bunch of skirmishes. I mean, this is known.
Post removed:
by user
gigemJTH12
AG
Man I have not been on thrones as long as most of y'all. But I can't remember anything that has consumed my life quite like this. This weeks build up in particular. Probably aided by the fact that last week was a top 5 episode for me.

I have been bugging the ever loving sh** out of my friends. (Sorry M.C. swag and stringer)
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
canadiaggie
AG
C@LAg said:

agrams said:

the more tactical approach imo would be the WW just conduct a seige of winterfell. hold off th4 dragons with your ice spears and starve them out.
you wait for people to start dying inside the walls. Raise them from the dead. Let them slaughter people from inside the walls.
The problem with this is that the defenders seem set on forcing an actual battle by sallying outside the walls
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm just glad I'm not the only one who loved the episode. Top 5 for me, I think. Incredibly satisfying. Felt like classic GoT, and will be the last time that'll ever happen again.
gigemJTH12
AG
I haven't rewatched yet bc I haven't had time but I can't wait to. But watching that closing scene alone(before the Jon/dany scene) gives me chills every time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Same here. Gonna rewatch Saturday, I think.
TyHolden
AG
Sasappis said:

How about this for a theory. Let me know if it has already been proposed.

The night king and his dragon are not at the battle of winterfell. There is a huge battle and many many are killed but not the NK. He takes his dragon and shows up in episode 4 in kings landing killing folks and creates a new army. Cersei and others escape the city and episode 5 and 6 are about the killing of Cersei and saving the kingdom.
this but Cersei and her army become WWs. Arya kills Cersei. Makes for one last epic battle.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
bearamedic99
AG
The crypts are large
Claude!
bearamedic99 said:

The crypts are large

Don't forget safe.
redline248
AG
Claude! said:

bearamedic99 said:

The crypts are large

Don't forget safe.

Haha
Teddy Perkins
AG
bearamedic99 said:

The crypts are large
Aren't they many levels too? Thought I saw that somewhere.
cbr
AG
Sasappis said:

How about this for a theory. Let me know if it has already been proposed.

The night king and his dragon are not at the battle of winterfell. There is a huge battle and many many are killed but not the NK. He takes his dragon and shows up in episode 4 in kings landing killing folks and creates a new army. Cersei and others escape the city and episode 5 and 6 are about the killing of Cersei and saving the kingdom.
probably wrong, but either way i came up with this idea 20 pages ago
The Dog Lord
AG
WestAustinAg said:

The Dog Lord said:

Edit to say that Urban Ag basically made the same points above.

Did she screw someone over on a business deal? Yes, but they were murderers and slavers that insulted her at each step of the deal. In terms of her "badness" this ranks pretty low. She also gave the other masters chances to avoid death when she began ruling Meereen.

Her brother wasn't just an a-hole either. He was threatening to kill her and her unborn child. He also mentioned in the past that he'd let all 40,000 of Drogo's men and their horses rape her to get his throne back. A blood tie wouldn't be the main thing on my mind if someone said that **** to me. Also, I doubt banishing him would do much besides make him even more desperate (and likely vengeful).

The Tarlys fought with honor, but Randyll Tarly is a cruel ******* that was going to kill his son if he didn't take the black. They also had the choice to bend the knee which probably wouldn't be an option if Dany was going full-on Mad Queen. The main issue that I think others had with this situation was that she burned them rather than behead them. They were probably dead almost instantly though. Also, as Sansa said last season, "so there's no punishment for treason and no reward for loyalty?"

Based on GRRM's approach, I wouldn't be surprised if Dany became a villain at the end, but I just don't think it's likely. I agree with others that there is likely a peaceful resolution to the Jon-Dany conflict (or a death that makes it moot).
Why do you care so much? Being Dany's defense lawyer isn't going to mean a thing. The show is here for entertainment. They play with people's emotions..they want us to dislike her now.

Why do you care that I care so much? Are you a ****ty DA trying to make a name for himself by putting an innocent hottie in jail?

Seriously though, I was just responding to another comment. Not trying to defend Dany, just pointing out that she arguably hasn't behaved like her father no matter what some claim.
The Dog Lord
AG
Urban Ag said:

redline248 said:

Can anyone convince me why Tyrion would learn some groundbreaking info from Bran and go get drunk by the fire instead of rushing to tell Dany or Jon?
This. I don't really get why everyone thinks they had some meeting of the strategic minds.

Tyrion said something along the lines of "you've certainly taken a strange path". Bran responded "yes, stranger than most". Then Tyrion said he'd love to hear about it and pulled up a chair. I took that as Tyrion wanting to know what happened to Bran since he last saw him when he came back through Winterfell after visiting the Wall.

I'm 99.9% confident that this is the case. The only reason I can think of for Tyrion purposefully not telling the others something important is if Bran trusted him to keep whatever he told him to himself so that the plan works the way he wants it to. If he knows that someone(s) need to be sacrificed for the greater plan to work, the others may not be on board. Maybe getting that news meant that Tyrion needed to have a drink ASAP (although he doesn't usually need a reason to drink).
The Dog Lord
AG
bonfarr said:

AG 2000' said:

bonfarr said:

I have jumped on the NK to KL theory over the last 36 hours. There will be a massive battle at Winterfell that ends in a victory for the living but at a heavy cost and they learn the only defeated half of the NK's force. The NK will burn KL to the ground with his dragon and the other half of his army and then pivot towards the North.

Tyrion, Sam, and Bran figure out how to defeat the NK and defeat him in episode 6.
The other big battle episode is Ep.5 (Sapochnik directing), but otherwise a good theory.

Perhaps what is left of the armies defending Winterfell regroups with reinforcements and make a stand in the Neck either at the Twins or Moat Cailin to halt the NK army's March North and that buys the Bran/Tyrion/Sam braintrust more time to plan and prepare like the Alamo did for Sam Houston.

If the NK to KL scenario plays out, it would also make it easier for Nymeria and her wolf army to join a battle that would occur closer to the riverlands (assuming the survivors of the BoW march south).
The Dog Lord
AG
Teddy Perkins said:

bearamedic99 said:

The crypts are large
Aren't they many levels too? Thought I saw that somewhere.

Yes. I believe the oldest crypts are the deepest which is kind of odd seeing as how they will run out eventually. I guess they could expand outward from the upper levels instead if the ground is frozen deeper down.
Post removed:
by user
Urban Ag
AG
I really don't think they'd go to the trouble of having Bran explain that the NK is coming for his as he has always done for the 3ER's in the past, if he wasn't really going to come to Winterfell. Without the NK the dragons would absolutely decimate the army of the dead and the Dothraki would mop up what they didn't. Unless some other WW can chuck ice spears but if that were the case, why didn't they try to take out more than one dragon at a time last season?

It makes for a cool visual to think of the defenders at Winterfell wondering out loud "where the hell is the NK" then switch to KL to Cersei out on the balcony with her wine gloating about how good she is at the queen stuff when suddenly there are thousands of people screaming and the NK flies over the red keep.
benchmark
AG
C@LAg said:

DSAg44 said:

this but Cersei and her army become WWs. Arya kills Cersei. Makes for one last epic battle.
Cersei's death is not Arya's.
Unless, of course, Jamie is killed in battle and Arya steals his face, gains entrance to Cersei and....boom - Cersei is killed by her "brother"!
Swarely
Jumping around watching episodes tonight with my bottle of Jonny White Walker (waaaay too Smokey btw), but

Will we see ice spiders as big as hounds?

Do we get more animals turned wight like the bear?

Rewatching "Beyond the wall" the Night King turns the dragon just like he did the infants he was brought. That is, he actually puts his hand on him and *then* his eyes turn blue. Not sure how that changes things, but makes me think the revived dragon isn't a Wight.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Urban Ag
AG
I am convinced they blew the budget on the BoW. I bet we see some wight Giants and a mammoth or bear or a few of those. Wight bear last season was great. Doubtful on ice spiders as they haven't established them already and it would feel too Harry Potter.
The Debt
C@LAg said:

Swarely said:

Will we see ice spiders as big as hounds?

No. We can't even get Ghost for more than a few seconds.

Do we get more animals turned wight like the bear?

No budget after the boring ass dragons.

Not sure how that changes things, but makes me think the revived dragon isn't a Wight.

He was dead, so is resurrected wight.

"Ass dragons" you say?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
JABQ04
AG
My theory I have after rewatching and some reading.
I think the NK heads to KL. BoW is between the main heroes and the lieutenants of the NK. Good guys win, but suffer major losses, a Pyrrhic victory. I don't think the good guys think the Army of the dead is capable of "thought". While that's true for the rank and file, the NK and WWs are, so basically the BoW is the army of the dead staging their own holding action to either defeat or severely weaken really the only cohesive force that could stop them. NK is then turning KL into army of the dead 2.0 to finish off the rest of the world/what the original AoD started. Like someone else said, Bran camping out in the godswood
Is too simple of a plan. Maybe one of the WWs or a few come, but the NK won't be there. Good guys win, celebrate before they receive word all of KL is now dead and coming north. Survivors rally what they can from anyone not dead and set the stage for the finale.
First Page Last Page
Page 145 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.