****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,899,528 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Marcus Aurelius
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I think Brienne will become a martyr at the Battle of Winterfell. And even may bag the NK.
The Dog Lord
AG
The Dog Lord said:

Bunbury said:

Can someone elaborate one what Bran means about the 3 eyed raven being the worlds memory, and why the night king would want to destroy it? I guess I understand it on a poetic level that it would create an eternal night because mankind would be completely forgotten, but I'm still a little confused why the night king would be solely focused on the 3 eyed raven?

The 3 eyed raven seems to have lots of information but very little influence, as far as what they've shown us so far. I'm hoping that the instances with Hodor and Bran calling 'father' will play a factor in the showdown with the night king, otherwise I feel the three eyed raven stuff leaves me with more questions than answers.

Bran seemed to indicate that there has been an ongoing struggle between the NK and those that have served as the 3ER. The only other encounter between humans and the WW (at least south of the wall) seems to have been the Long Night.

I'm interested to know if there is something crucial to defeating the NK/WWs that Bran knows (but hasn't mentioned) or could know (but hasn't seen yet since he usually needs to pick a place and moment in time to see it). Otherwise, I don't see the NK needing to focus on destroying him. He could kill the humans and then the 3ER later to wipe out history.

So far, other characters have discovered the power of dragonglass and Valyrian steel, so it's unclear what else Bran could find out (and that would matter this late in the game). Personally, I don't think Bran will discover how to raise the dead to fight for the living, but it could be an option (and would be awesome to see the Starks of old fighting).
After writing this it made me think if Bran could project back to Long Night and see what happened to defeat (or at least beat back) the NK/WWs the first time. Also, I believe the prequel series will focus on the Age of Heroes & Long Night, so it would be awesome if they film some scenes now of Bran observing the Battle for the Dawn and then use them later in that series.
Furlock Bones
AG
the only issue i had with the Arya scene is that the show hasn't done a great job of giving us a timeline. i'm well aware that Maise is over 20. but, in the show, she seems like she's about 14.

other than that, the people really complaining about the Arya/Gendry scene are people complaining about patriarchy and agency. typical millennial stupidty.
M.C. Swag
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

M.C. Swag said:

I think alot of anyone's pacing issue would be solved by HBO just doing a normal 10 hour long season. Choosing to condense 2 season's worth of content into effectively 1.25 season air time was not a wise choice imo. And I think alot of people (including myself) foresaw this as an issue.

Agree.

And for the record just because I am a huge fan of episode 2, I am not a GOT homer that likes anything they do. I didn't like episode 1 very much. THAT was a waste of time. Episode 2 was not
Dude, I'm all for these characters sitting around a table and drinking. Some of my favorite moments are just characters chatting. Season 4, Episode 8 is remembered mostly for Oberyn Martell getting his skull caved in but I thought the most captivating moment was when Jamie and Tyrion were talking in the prison cell. Tyrion delivered his story about cousin Orson and the beetles. It was over 5 minutes long (longer than the time it took for Jon to learn about his parentage and tell dany about it COMBINED). It didn't have any drama or any plot significance...but it was beautiful dialogue and even better delivery by Peter Dinklage.

Give me just a full hour long episode dedicated to moments like that with that level of screenplay...that's the GoT I love best.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Marcus Aurelius said:

I think Brienne will become a martyr at the Battle of Winterfell. And even may bag the NK.

I see her either dying to save Podrick or vice versa.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I feel like it's worth reminding people that Bran can't see the future.
M.C. Swag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I feel like it's worth reminding people that Bran can't see the future.
Well it's more complicated than that...it's not that Bran can see in the future as much as future Bran can go to the past. Hodor wasn't always Hodor until future Bran made him Hodor. This time travel **** can be used to warp the story in any way.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yes, good point. But "present-day" Bran cannot.

A time-travelling Bran from the future saving the day would be super cheap and I doubt they'd ever do that. The farthest they'd go is current Bran figuring out the key to defeating the NK just in time, IMO.
ChimbosAg
AG
AustinAg2K said:

I really hope we see Arya come face to face with the Night King, and she just says to him, "Not today."

But is the NK on her little list??
M.C. Swag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Yes, good point. But "present-day" Bran cannot.

A time-travelling Bran from the future saving the day would be super cheap and I doubt they'd ever do that. The farthest they'd go is current Bran figuring out the key to defeating the NK just in time, IMO.
He can though. He 'saw' Ned's death in S1. Later Jojen confirms that Bran also has the 'greensight' which encompasses past, present, and future.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Quote:

He can though. He 'saw' Ned's death in S1. Later Jojen confirms that Bran also has the 'greensight' which encompasses past, present, and future.
Past and present. Not future. Bran saw Ned's death right after it happened.

What I'm trying to say is that our current day Bran has not seen anything past the BoW, and he doesn't know the outcome. The best he could do is go to the past and find out some key, important detail to how to kill the NK.
streetfighter2012
AG
We as viewers have routinely been left in the dark on conversations that happen off screen. I think the issues with the Bran/ Tyrion conversation could have easily been avoided even without showing the actual conversation. If something big was passed along then Bran just needs to start talking about something that we already know the legends are real, the Children of the Forrest are real etc. And if nothing big was passed then Bran just needs to say "one day I will tell my story, but not today" or "One day my story will be told, but I won't be the one to tell it". By ending the scene where they did we are left wondering if something big was passed along or if they even had a conversation at all.
Farmer1906
AG
That includes future.
M.C. Swag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

Past and present. Not future.
It does. He's already seen future events before (sept explosion being one)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Does not. He has never seen the future in the series.
Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Didn't he see the sept blow up before Cersei blew it up?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
M.C. Swag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

D&D have said many times that timelines were not exactly concurrent for all characters, so if he did see the sept explosion, it means it had already happened.

There has never been any specific indication, dialogue or otherwise, that Bran knows or can see the future. He just has a lot of information up to and including the present.

Like Ozzy Man says, he's just a Google search bar.
MW03
AG
Yall really wanted to watch 10 minutes of Bran talking? I get Tyrion, I love Tyrion, but Bran? I'd rather spend 10 minutes reading about Bran Flakes.

Farmer1906
AG
Here is a line from Jojen on being a greenseer, like Bran.
Quote:

Jojen Reed: "I have the Sight. I can see things."
Karl Tanner: "That's a fine thing. A fine thing."
Jojen Reed: "Things that haven't happened yet."
M.C. Swag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

M.C. Swag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Quote:

D&D have said many times that timelines were not exactly concurrent for all characters, so if he did see the sept explosion, it means it had already happened.

There has never been any specific indication, dialogue or otherwise, that Bran knows or can see the future. He just has a lot of information up to and including the present.

Like Ozzy Man says, he's just a Google search bar.
Bran has confirmed Greensight which includes past, present and future. This isn't a debate. Whether he can control 'how he sees forward' is another discussion but he has the ability.

https://gameofthrones.fandom.com/wiki/Greensight
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Farmer1906 said:

Quote:

Those are his dreams, which are different. He has no control over those.

But he can't visit any future event at will like he can for the past.

I suppose the sept explosion might have been one of those prophetic dreams/visions. Does he also see the dragon's shadow in KL?
M.C. Swag
AG
MW03 said:

Yall really wanted to watch 10 minutes of Bran talking? I get Tyrion, I love Tyrion, but Bran? I'd rather spend 10 minutes reading about Bran Flakes.

Yes. I would very much like to hear about the history of ANY event from the history of westeros. It would have been a great flashback moment.
Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Farmer1906 said:

Quote:

Well, no, probably not. Especially since he left Dagobah early and didn't finish his training with Yoda. the cave under the weirwood and didn't finish his training with the 3 eyed raven.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, I misspoke, I missed your mention of greensight.

But my main point is he doesn't have the ability to see and visit the future at will, ie he doesn't know the outcome of BoW. (If he does, that means he's learned to interpret those dreams offscreen, I guess.)
Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Farmer1906 said:

Quote:

I suppose the sept explosion might have been one of those prophetic dreams/visions. Does he also see the dragon's shadow in KL?
He does, indeed. I guess technically that could be a flashback too.
MW03
AG
Tyrion: I'd love to hear how you became the 3ER.

Bran: It'll take a while.

Tyrion: We have time.

Bran: Well, lets see. I was in a coma dreaming about the 3ER. Started warging, which was weird. Theon burned my house down, so I took off running with Hodor, my brother, and this smelly chick named Osha. I met this weirdo named Jojen. He told me to go north because of my 3ER visions. So we split up. Hodor and I went with Jojen and his sister. Found out I can warg into Hodor, which was pretty cool but made me feel kind of dirty. We ended up north of the wall. I came upon Crasters Keep and watched Jon fighting, but decided to book it. We kept heading north. Ended up at this weird tree. A bunch of skeletons popped out of the ground. This green kid with leaves and **** in her hair started throwing powerballs (like a girl) and blowing them up. Jojen got killed. We ended up inside the tree. I met this old man there. He told me I wouldn't walk, which sucked, but that I would start flying. I think he was trying to trap me in the tree. Anyway, he taught me how to warg into trees or something so I could see the past. I got really into it. Saw Jon's mom give birth, found out he was a Targaryen. Um... oh yeah, I accidentally ran into the Night King. He burned me or something, killed the old 3ER. Stormed the tree. I escaped with Jojen's sister, but Hodor got killed and is 100% a zombie now. Ran back here. Now I just kind of hang out in this chair all the time. Talking all detached and creepy.

Tyrion:

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
wangus12 said:

Quote:

Arya part was still weird and offputting.

I really didn't have fun watching those scenes either.

Just like I didn't enjoy the Gilly/Sam sex scene, the Jaime/Cersei sex scenes (especially when Jaime basically rapes her on top of their dad) and I'm just sort of ok with Jon/Dany.
jtstanley4621
AG
I'm really interested to see the role that the remaining direwolves play in the show. Personally I think that there's still some sort of plot significance to them, outside of Nymeria's possible wolf army. Not sure what it is, but I think they're more than just pet props for the characters.

Also I'm really rooting for that wolf army led by Nymeria to show up. Makes me think of the ghost army from LOTR.
M.C. Swag
AG
MW03 said:

Bran: Well, lets see. I was in a coma dreaming about the 3ER. Started warging, which was weird. Theon burned my house down, so I took off running with Hodor, my brother, and this smelly chick named Osha. I met this weirdo named Jojen. He told me to go north because of my 3ER visions. So we split up. Hodor and I went with Jojen and his sister. Found out I can warg into Hodor, which was pretty cool but made me feel kind of dirty. We ended up north of the wall. I came upon Crasters Keep and watched Jon fighting, but decided to book it. We kept heading north. Ended up at this weird tree. A bunch of skeletons popped out of the ground. This green kid with leaves and **** in her hair started throwing powerballs (like a girl) and blowing them up. Jojen got killed. We ended up inside the tree. I met this old man there. He told me I wouldn't walk, which sucked, but that I would start flying. I think he was trying to trap me in the tree. Anyway, he taught me how to warg into trees or something so I could see the past. I got really into it. Saw Jon's mom give birth, found out he was a Targaryen. Um... oh yeah, I accidentally ran into the Night King. He burned me or something, killed the old 3ER. Stormed the tree. I escaped with Jojen's sister, but Hodor got killed and is 100% a zombie now. Ran back here. Now I just kind of hang out in this chair all the time. Talking all detached and creepy.

Tyrion:

That would be the 3rd grade rendition of that conversation. I get it, you don't think it would have been interesting. I think it would be awesome to see or hear about some more backstory about the CotF & the NK. Maybe about AA and how he beat the WW originally. Maybe about the history of the 3ER. I could go on about the infinite possibilities of conversations and if nothing else, any scene is worth watching with Tyrion in it.
chase128
AG
I think it would have been cool to come back to that scene after Bran had gone over his adventures (which we already know) and we get to hear those two postulate over what to do about the NK. Hear some about what Bran's learned from his green sight that we haven't seen on screen.
ja86
AG
Ummmm.... in the books that were to be, probably

In this show, you get a photoshoped ghost in the background of one shot.

All the cgi work is going to dragons and the undead
MW03
AG
M.C. Swag said:

MW03 said:

Tyrion:

That would be the 3rd grade rendition of that conversation. I get it, you don't think it would have been interesting. I think it would be awesome to see or hear about some more backstory about the CotF & the NK. Maybe about AA and how he beat the WW originally. Maybe about the history of the 3ER. I could go on about the infinite possibilities of conversations and if nothing else, any scene is worth watching with Tyrion in it.

I agree, except I don't think that's what Tyrion asked. He asked him how he became the 3ER. I would have enjoyed a "I'm the 3ER, AMA" as much as the next guy, but I don't need to watch Bran recount the story we just spent seasons watching unfold in real time.

UsarAg19
AG
Samwell has to be the one to kill the Night King and when he is the last leader still standing after the battle, he will take the throne as he rightfully should. Samwell RISE UP!
Federale01
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Marcus Aurelius said:

I see her either dying to save Podrick or vice versa.
She dies saving Jamie. Jamie kills cerci. I know it's probably too obvious to actually work out that way, but they don't have much time for too many more plot twists.
Luke Smith
Brian Earl Spilner said:

How does he know to wait in the courtyard for his "old friend" Jaime then?
First Page Last Page
Page 132 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.