****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,011 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Charlie Conway
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BenFiasco14 said:

Furlock Bones said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Are these really the kinds of books where you can just skip chapters? Especially with all the seemingly unimportant minutiae that ends up being important later in the series?
the hard part to know is if anything is really that important anymore. so much that was built up has been completely cast aside and i'm not talking just book stuff. i'm talking the show just completely ignoring its own narrative at times.

i'm enjoying the conclusion of the story because i don't want to be one of those people that is always unhappy with books vs tv/movies. but, i can't say i'm satisfied with everything.

Sucks even more because it's all but assured GRRM's fat ass isn't going to finish the books. If there was just one to go, I might hold onto a shred of hope, but there's supposed to be two more so no way. And the fact that he and his wife have been completely upfront about NOT letting someone else finish the story should he die (like Brandon Sanderson did for Robert Jordan's a wheel of time) it makes me think he isn't even close to being done with the next one, I think he just gave up.
well I think the next two started out as one book but got split into 2 because it would be too long
oh no
AG
Dany did not take the news that Jon is the rightful heir to the Iron Throne very kindly... Jon's "brother" Bran and best friend Sam might mysteriously disappear in the night, maybe at the hands of Grey Worm. When Dany gets taken down through, Aegon Targaryon will have two dragons of his own.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
BenFiasco14 said:

Furlock Bones said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Are these really the kinds of books where you can just skip chapters? Especially with all the seemingly unimportant minutiae that ends up being important later in the series?
the hard part to know is if anything is really that important anymore. so much that was built up has been completely cast aside and i'm not talking just book stuff. i'm talking the show just completely ignoring its own narrative at times.

i'm enjoying the conclusion of the story because i don't want to be one of those people that is always unhappy with books vs tv/movies. but, i can't say i'm satisfied with everything.

Sucks even more because it's all but assured GRRM's fat ass isn't going to finish the books. If there was just one to go, I might hold onto a shred of hope, but there's supposed to be two more so no way. And the fact that he and his wife have been completely upfront about NOT letting someone else finish the story should he die (like Brandon Sanderson did for Robert Jordan's a wheel of time) it makes me think he isn't even close to being done with the next one, I think he just gave up.

Reports of late have him in near isolation working on the 6th book.

https://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/books/1115429/Winds-of-Winter-release-date-Game-of-Thrones-final-season-George-RR-Martin-ASOIAF
FIDO95
AG
At the risk of getting my man card revoked, I have to admit I cried like a little girl when Jamie knighted Brienne. All her life, Brienne was made fun of. Handsome boys would swoon her only to turn around and mock her. Her father once held a dance for her. She described her happiness dancing with the boy she loved only to have the rug pulled out as she discovered he danced with her as a joke.

Christie did a phenomenal job of showing the trepidation of kneeling before Jamie. You could almost feel the internal struggle she had worried it was a joke all over again. Then the ear to ear smile when she arose a Knight fulfilling her lifetime dream.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
gigemJTH12
AG
Sorry if already posted...

Am I the only one that kinda thought for a split second that Jamie might chop Briennes head off during the knighting ceremony and totally **** us all up?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Interesting, the Knights of the Vale are still there. I don't know why but I thought maybe they'd left after LF was killed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
gigemJTH12 said:

Sorry if already posted...

Am I the only one that kinda thought for a split second that Jamie might chop Briennes head off during the knighting ceremony and totally **** us all up?
I'm gonna say yes.
wangus12
AG
They stood with Sansa when he was executed. They're pretty much loyal to her....in Robyn's name
Legacy Work Spaces
So much to wrap up in 4 episodes. The way I see it going down:

Walkers defeat Winterfell easily and there are lots of name casualties. Brienne, Theon, Tormund, and Grey Worm I think die among a few other familiar (but not major) faces. I think MIssandei's interaction with the children, and the fact that Grey Worm can't give her any foreshadows that.

The rest of the survivors retreat but I'm not sure they go to KL. If there were more episodes left I could see that but there just doesn't seem to be enough time for a full on drawn out confrontation with Cersei as well. Certainly doesn't seem to be enough time for them to go somewhere else, let the Walkers take KL as well (killing Cersei), and then for Jon and Dany to circle back and defeat the Walkers after that.

Starting to think Dany's ambition is her undoing and she's about to turn dark.
Legacy Work Spaces - www.LegacyWorkSpaces.com

Office Space - CoWorking- Meeting- Virtual Mail-Technology
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, I know that much. I just wasn't sure if they stayed there since there wasn't much talk about the upcoming war in the S7 finale. (In Winterfell, that is.)
double aught
AG
bangobango said:

I don't think there is any way NK is killed next episode.

I think things are going to get a lot worse before things get better. If NK and white walkers are defeated next episode and never make it past winterfell, then the whole build up to winter is coming loses any levity it used to have. I think they're going to lose and a whole lot of people in westerns are going to die between now and the end.
I don't think you're using that word correctly.
aggietony2010
AG
All those tiles representing the dead seem a little pointless. I feel like some poor craftsman in Winterfell spent his last datet making hundreds of those when they could've just been like...oh, and just imagine an army of inconceivable size over there.
Slagathor
AG
When Dany came to talk to Sansa about being on good terms, Sansa was talking to Bronze Yohn Royce, who is the Lord of Runestone and a bannerman of House Arryn. Basically leading the Vale now from my understanding. What did end up happening with Robin Arryn?
redline248
AG
The old man Sansa keeps talking to is, for all practical purposes, the commander of the Vale. Yohn Royce or something. So, if he's there I guess it's meant to be implied so is the army.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
FIDO95 said:

At the risk of getting my man card revoked, I have to admit I cried like a little girl when Jamie knighted Brienne. All her life, Brienne was made fun of. Handsome boys would swoon her only to turn around and mock her. Her father once held a dance for her. She described her happiness dancing with the boy she loved only to have the rug pulled out as she discovered he danced with her as a joke.

Christie did a phenomenal job of showing the trepidation of kneeling before Jamie. You could almost feel the internal struggle she had worried it was a joke all over again. Then the ear to ear smile when she arose a Knight fulfilling her lifetime dream.
Real men cried in this scene.
Urban Ag
AG
House Arryn has been strongly allied House Stark for decades. LF was a major inconvenience to them which they only suffered because Robyn Arryn (is that even his name, can't recall at this point) was manipulated by LF in to doing so. The Knights of the Vale have certainly provide to be a convenience factor in finishing out the this story since they sat out the War of the Five Kings.

Which leads me to another random thought. Dorne's army has completely sat out the entire thing as well. They're down there enjoying the warm weather, picking oranges, and just waiting for a raven to confirm it's all over.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Great question. We know Robin loved his "Uncle" Petyr, and probably didn't take too kindly to the news that Sansa killed him. And we know he didn't really trust Royce. (And yes, I now remember he was talking to Sansa.)

Makes me wonder what he's up to now. Though, "his army" is in Winterfell and for all intents and purposes is being led by Sansa, so there's not really much he can do at this point. Does he have any power at all really?

Do we think he has any screentime before it all ends? Will he try to avenge LF?
redline248
AG
Yep, but who is leading Dorne, now? How did they react to having their previous leader ambushed on the high seas and given to Cersei? I think the show basically used that as a way to stop putting any effort into Dorne. In reality, that's a big pita Cersei would have to deal with.
redline248
AG
I'm sure all it takes is one person to say, LF killed your beloved mother, and he'd be sorry Sansa killed him without throwing him out the moon door.
CFTXAG10
AG
swc93
AG
Tyrion pointing out a lot of irony in this episode. Writers used him like a CC for the audience to make sure we didn't miss how hard they worked to put the fireside chat group of people together.
BenFiasco14
AG
I'd say there's a higher chance of Robyn getting screentime these last four episodes than Howland Reed... that is to say 1% chance is higher than a 0.01% chance
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
agsquirrel97
AG
InternetFan02
AG
Looking back did Dany mostly abandon her Breaking the Wheel ambitions after Meereen fell apart in season 5 and she was rescued by drogon in the fighting pits?

She regrets listening to Tyrion in early season 7 and not just immediately taking the dragons to kings landing?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Has anyone mentioned the best line of the episode?

"The Lord of Light's gonna wonder why he brought you back 19 times just to watch you die when I chuck you over this ****ing wall."

Got a genuine LOL from me.
Broba Fett
CapCityAg89 said:

I'm not sure I understand the "there is a ton left to do, this was a wasted episode" take. There are two things to do: resolve the White Walkers. And resolve Cercei. That's it.

And my list for next week:
Jamie and Brienne
Theon
Onion Knight
Tormund
Grey Worm

And one of: Jon, Arya, Jorah with their Vsteel "killing" the Night King. Although I do think he's only severely weakened and there's some indication at the very end that it's not totally over.

3 things. If there is no Clegane bowl...

double aught
AG
Tormund's giant story was killing me. My newborn daughter was sleeping on my chest, and I woke her up from laughing.

I love his wide-eyed serious delivery of everything he says.
wangus12
AG
Quote:

I think MIssandei's interaction with the children, and the fact that Grey Worm can't give her any foreshadows that.
Missandei is gonna be in the Crypts. If GW, Jorah and her all die, who is really left to control a very distraught Dany.
FIDO95
AG
redline248 said:

Yep, but who is leading Dorne, now? How did they react to having their previous leader ambushed on the high seas and given to Cersei? I think the show basically used that as a way to stop putting any effort into Dorne. In reality, that's a big pita Cersei would have to deal with.

House Tarly, gone. House Tyrell, gone. House Frey, gone. House Baratheon, gone (not counting bast@rds). Dorne/Martell is just another spoke of the wheel that is falling apart. Doesn't really matter. Curious to see what arises in the Spring.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
TPS_Report
AG
Questions: Did Jon relinquish all family claims when he took the Oath of the Night's Watch? Did that oath survive his death and resurrection?
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Has anyone mentioned the best line of the episode?

"The Lord of Light's gonna wonder why he brought you back 19 times just to watch you die when I chuck you over this ****ing wall."

Got a genuine LOL from me.
That was great. Just hard to be Tormund during the entire episode.

"Is the big woman still here"
"We're all going to die....but at least we'll die together"
The entire Giant story
"**** Tradition"
Him clapping after Brienne gets knighted
wangus12
AG
TPS_Report said:

Questions: Did Jon relinquish all family claims when he took the Oath of the Night's Watch? Did that oath survive his death and resurrection?
Its been widely regarded that nobody cares since he was murdered
gigemJTH12
AG
My favorite line was up on the top of the castle about Tarley

"Samwell Tarley, slayer of white walkers and lover of women. As if we needed more of a sign of the end of times"

Not exact quote but hilarious.
Brock Sampson
AG
"No thanks. Brought my own"
Furlock Bones
AG
TPS_Report said:

the point is he ended his watch and fulfilled his oath by dying. in his resurrection, he is free to do as he wants.
First Page Last Page
Page 120 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.