****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,336 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SoTXAg09 said:

Yeah the fire **** gets old. GRRM has already said Dany's fire transformation was a one-time miracle, not a "fireproof Targaryen" thing.

Well he lied...

because even in the 5th book Dance with Dragons (which was published after his quote saying it was a one time thing) she survives fire again in the dragon attack in the pits of Meereen. It burns away her hair but her skin is left unburned. There though she also does experience blistering of her hands when touching a hot spear. So there she seemingly was immune to dragon fire but not other fire/heat.

His words have now been taken to mean Targs are not all immune to fire and not always immune to fire even if they are sometimes.

basically it means whatever he wants it to mean when it suits his purpose.

same for the show as they included her walking out of the dothraki temple unburnt. and some other things like the super hot baths where she did not feel the heat.

TxSquarebody
MaroonStain said:

SoTXAg09 said:

Yeah the fire **** gets old. GRRM has already said Dany's fire transformation was a one-time miracle, not a "fireproof Targaryen" thing.

Except for burning all of the Khals that other time she walked out of fire and did not get burned...

Came back for this rebuttal!
redline248
AG
ATM1876 said:

"Fight every battle everywhere, always, in your mind. Everyone is your enemy, everyone is your friend. Every possible series of events is happening all at once. Live that way and nothing will surprise you. Everything that happens will be something that you've seen before."

He missed one scenario
Hey...so.. um
redline248 said:

ATM1876 said:

"Fight every battle everywhere, always, in your mind. Everyone is your enemy, everyone is your friend. Every possible series of events is happening all at once. Live that way and nothing will surprise you. Everything that happens will be something that you've seen before."

He missed one scenario

I think I the fall of littlefinger really shows us that one lapse in judgement can be your undoing. I think that is the difference between littlefinger and Cersei. Littlefinger loved sansa and her mom. Cersei loves herself first and her kids second. Her kids are gone so now it is just her. She doesn't let emotion get the best of her.
SoTXAg09
AG
MaroonStain said:

SoTXAg09 said:

Except for burning all of the Khals that other time she walked out of fire and did not get burned...

This is so funny you shed a tear? Notice I said GRRM... that Dothraki scene was show writing. And fire resistant doesn't mean fire proof
gomerschlep
AG
I'm in the "tonight will be a lot more shocking than we think" camp. They don't have enough episodes left to have any snoozers. I'm ready (even though I'm on shift until 0200 and have to watch it on my DVR in the morning).
McQuarters
AG
Here's my theory that builds on a previous theory. The NK bypasses Winterfell and heads to Castle Landing where there is the beginning of a siege. In my theoretical scene, Cersi stares out from her castle at the NK and his hordes. Suddenly, The Mountain's eyes turns blue, he pulls out his sword and chops off Cersi's head and kills the rest of the King's Guard., who then become zombies. They let in the army of the dead and the NK raises the dragon bones at the bottom of the castle.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh wow.
MaroonStain
AG
SoTXAg09 said:

MaroonStain said:

SoTXAg09 said:

This is so funny you shed a tear? Notice I said GRRM... that Dothraki scene was show writing. And fire resistant doesn't mean fire proof

That is an AOC level post there, buddy. Congrats!
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

NK and his dragon could get to Kings Landing (not Castle Landing btw)..... but there is no way his army of the dead could (imho). He can fly there and it's not much further then Dany flew from Dragonstone to north of the wall.

But the army of the dead are walking from the wall south and have barely gotten past Last Hearth in the last episode. that puts them halfway to Winterfell...... but it's easily 4x that far to King's Landing.

they couldn't detour half (or even part) of the army to KL and get there until well after they get to Winterfell basically.

Anyway still he could wreak havoc with 1 dragon of course and still do what you suggest if he goes straight for the Red Keep. Don't have to bother with the army guarding the gate, etc if you can fly over them and ice burn anything in your path.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
SoTXAg09 said:

MaroonStain said:

SoTXAg09 said:

And I showed you above where GRRM made her fireproof again in the books so..... kinda seems moot.

you seem really bent out of shape over a throwaway comment he made at the time (1999 and again after S1). Maybe it was "true" then in his head but he changed his mind. He also changed his mind about the entire arc and ending as he has said his original summary synopsis of the ending (which was written) is no longer accurate.

He has changed his mind on many things - he originally implied only Targs could ride dragons and now he has written the exact opposite as he has had non Targs ride dragons in the companion (cannon) books The World of Ice and Fire (2014) and the prequel Fire and Blood (2018). All were Valyrian or knew blood magic though.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Things are getting chippy in here. I sense a lot of virtual Sansa/Dany side-eye.
wangus12
AG
Episode is out on reddit btw
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
How the **** do they keep leaking? They had been really good thus far.

I bet some rando HBO in Europe ****ed up again.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I need a scene of Jon placing a blue rose in front of Lyanna tonight.

And then a moment in front of Ned.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
annie88
AG
I'm pretty much starting to be convinced that Jon will end up killing Daenerys.

And as long as Cersei dies too, I'm good.
wangus12
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Can we spoiler tag any episode reviews until it airs for everyone?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You are on an Aggie site after all.
wangus12
AG
C@LAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Fine, as long as you guys refrain from discussing anything until it has aired on the West Coast.

You DID say "EVERYONE"

I like how everyone decides that Central Time Zone is official or whatever.
That's because CT is correct an everyone else is wrong.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
SoTXAg09
AG
Certainly not bent out of shape, just find the over-used cry-laugh annoying. Last post on it, then moving on...
GRRM specifically states she darts under the flames, implying she avoided the brunt of the blast. He also specifically refers to her burns in her next chapter. And Jon was burnt when they fought the wight, so I think any fire-related reveals at this point are silly. But you're right, he's not consistent, so who the hell knows.

Back to the BOW tonight!
Belton Ag
AG
I'm out

cisgenderedAggie
C@LAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Fine, as long as you guys refrain from discussing anything until it has aired on the West Coast.

You DID say "EVERYONE"

I like how everyone decides that Central Time Zone is official or whatever.

wangus12
AG
C@LAg said:

wangus12 said:

That's because CT is correct an everyone else is wrong.
on the subject of being "wrong"....
You must have supported Stannis Baratheon in the war
PatAg
AG
double aught said:

BCG Disciple said:

Props to Ned Stark. Did not even tell his wife that Jon was his nephew. A man of honor such as Ned having the public shame of his infidelity is one thing, but having to deal with the personal shame with his children - hard to teach honor and discipline being tantamount when you do that to your family. Then, the personal issues with his wife, including the trust issues, etc. I mean, how easy would it be to trust in your wife and love and tell her the truth when it could have alleviated so much pain. Just unbelievable to me to have the strength to bear that burden alone.
Well, I mean...he's not real.
You might be in the wrong thread
RogerEnright
Watched Godfather last night!
First Page Last Page
Page 105 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.