****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,901,687 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Jesus.
Urban Ag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Jesus.
Looks like Melisandre' on the left. Was hoping they would close that arc out. Cool.
Thisguy1
Did you miss every other character being in the picture?
bearamedic99
AG
One more time

Seriously. How is this EVENT of a final season not available to watch in movie theaters?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
It Really bothers me. I would pay full price for each episode.

Why won't they take my damn money?
double aught
AG
bearamedic99 said:

One more time

Seriously. How is this EVENT of a final season not available to watch in movie theaters?
Cuz they want subscriptions?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
But I bet the net result would be a huge profit increase on the whole year.
chipotle
Can't you just pay 15 a month for hbo now?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
chipotle said:

Can't you just pay 15 a month for hbo now?
yes. HBO Now. Streaming.

I don't see the idea of a movie theater run as a good option. I mean at best maybe an additive sort of thing for the finale alone - like as a Fathom Event.

But HBO has 130 million subscribers worldwide on all platforms (cable, satellite, streaming). They make about $2 Billion per year in revenue.

I don't think a movie run would attract many of those subscribers - I'd watch at home for almost all movies given the option (since the advent of good HD TVs I think most would). So are you going to get add-on viewers who are not subscribers??? Maybe the ones that go to bars - but I think they'd rather go to bars. And complete non watchers I don't think are going to shell out for a movie ending of something they have not seen 97% of.

And why would they want to absorb additional costs of distribution for that, plus advertising for that specific option, and share revenues with theaters. Theaters aren't going to want soemthing anyway where they get little or no revenue in the first week (like they usually do) for something that is not going to run for weeks and weeks where they make more money. And concessions ain't enough to justify it for them with a questionable audience turnout.

I just don't see it. imho.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I know it's not everyone's bag, but I've really gotten into the communal thing of watching GoT in a bar with a big crowd. It's just awesome energy that's hard to beat. It even beats a Marvel theater crowd. (The drinks don't hurt.)

That's one of the reasons I think seeing it in theaters would be awesome. But even beyond that, this is the kind of story that was made for the biggest screen possible, with a loud sound system. I don't know if it would beat out that bar energy, but it would sure beat a home viewing for me, regardless of the fact that I'm already paying for HBO. This is an event.
bushytailed
AG
Star Cinema in CS shows the Aggie football games on game days. I'm really hoping they do something similar with GoT.
Liquid Wrench
I have zero interest in watching GoT with a crowd of other people reacting.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Social Media Influencer said:

I have zero interest in watching GoT with a crowd of other people reacting.
Urban Ag
AG
Thisguy1 said:

Did you miss every other character being in the picture?
No. Why?
Counterpoint
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I know it's not everyone's bag, but I've really gotten into the communal thing of watching GoT in a bar with a big crowd. It's just awesome energy that's hard to beat. It even beats a Marvel theater crowd. (The drinks don't hurt.)

That's one of the reasons I think seeing it in theaters would be awesome. But even beyond that, this is the kind of story that was made for the biggest screen possible, with a loud sound system. I don't know if it would beat out that bar energy, but it would sure beat a home viewing for me, regardless of the fact that I'm already paying for HBO. This is an event.
How can you even hear everything (when watching at a bar)? Especially with some of those thick accents?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sound cranked way up, and subtitles.

Of course you'll miss some details, but you can always rewatch.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Cool. To each his own...... I kinda think if there was a separate viable market for it they would have done it by now.

While I sorta get the big screen big sound thing... the list of things that annoys me about seeing a movie in a theater vs. things i like about watching at home outweighs that. Now I fo go to first run movies a lot like 30+ times per year but given the option I probably would not - I mean the option of seeing it at home at the same time. I do like to see stuff on initial release.

PS - I'm kinda OCD and particular:

1. i gotta drive somewhere
2. i gotta reserve tickets/seats and what if I don't get good seats that hurts my enjoyment. my seat at home is perfect.
3. just dealing with people in general, crowds, lines, etc. and that one guy who annoys me.
4. people talking as well as stifling my ability to talk and yell at the screen. i get why they would want to but i don't want to hear their reactions and miss something possibly
5. no closed captioning which has tended to be necessary for GOT
6. i can't say wait WTF just happened and rewind 10 seconds at will
7. even the bathroom is an issue - i can't pause and i will miss stuff (i can make an hour+ sure but at home I don't have to
8. i have a free well stocked concession stand
9. i have a free well stocked bar as well
10. I jump on TA and other message boards and reviews for the immediate reaction.....and then usually start a rewatch after big episodes within the hour.

I like the bar videos that get posted after but I could never watch that way by choice.

Like I said to each his own. Give me an option for a movie subscription that let's me watch first run movies at home and I'll take it.
CFTXAG10
AG

Quote:

6. i can't say wait WTF just happened and rewind 10 seconds at will

bingo!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
benchmark
AG
Not sure if this has been posted...Recap of the story in 12 min.

http://mentalfloss.com/article/578706/game-of-thrones-full-series-recap?fbclid=IwAR0vKWssnAsl6sme4MsKqU5fuZrEDsbhDWZDe8ZqqbHesI9OzyHIOlTFZcs
redline248
AG
Just fired up HBO Now (friggin Dish Network/AT&T dispute) and watched S7E1. Starts with winter coming for House Frey and ends with "Shall we begin?" Perfection.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.amny.com/entertainment/game-of-thrones-nyc-1.29303160

bushytailed
AG
bushytailed said:

Star Cinema in CS shows the Aggie football games on game days. I'm really hoping they do something similar with GoT.
At least with a theater setting there would/should be some element of noise control. Seeing it on a big screen would be pretty fantastic.

I ended up messaging Star Cinema and was told that HBO won't allow them to broadcast the show.

Bummer.
smokeythebear
AG
Urban Ag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Jesus.
Looks like Melisandre' on the left. Was hoping they would close that arc out. Cool.
Also, isn't she on the right?

And I can't tell, but is Cersi on there? What's the blob in between Dany and Jon?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Took me a while to find her, she's in the top right next to the Night King.

Can't figure out who's between her and Varys though. Face is covered. Gendry?

Gendry on the Iron Throne!
Fenrir
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Podrick
smokeythebear
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Can't be Gendry, they are holding a sword and he'd be holding a hammer.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fenrir
smokeythebear said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Can't be Gendry, they are holding a sword and he'd be holding a hammer.
It's podrick for sure. Just compare his outfit he normally wears to the image.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Is the guy on the right a Jonas bro or the kid who played Trystane? I genuinely can't tell.
Urban Ag
AG
So my wife, being the amazing woman she is, says to me the other day..."hey baby, are you getting excited for Game of Thrones?" She got in to this a couple of seasons ago. She's even done the Dany costume a few times.

And it really hit me. In about eight weeks this is over. Done. I had never heard of GOT or GRRM until S1 premiered on HBO back in 2011. Outside of Star Wars, fantasy/SciFi is just not my thing. But I watched S1 of GOT and was hooked. Went on Amazon and bought the four book pack.

In 2012 I had a health scare that put me in the hospital while they ran every test on me known to modern medicine. I read about half of a Storm of Swords to distract myself and pass the time while all the machines I was hooked up to did their thing. When I finally got released all my wife wanted to do was talk about my condition and all I wanted to do was tell her about the book I was reading.

I get it. Book readers and all of our "actually" comments over the years got annoying to series only watchers. But if you read the books, you know how infectious they became. The level of complexity and character development is like nothing I have ever experienced literary wise. You read those books, read them again, and you get completely invested in these characters. For people like me, it's not the genre, it's the lives GRRM created and how completely the pull you in. For example, I can't think of a more perfectly developed literary character than Jamie Lannister. It's priceless.

Anyway, and again, outside of Star Wars, I have never been this invested in anything in the world of pop culture/entertainment than I am in GOT. I will be sad to see it end.

Thank you GRRM/HBO.
Bones08
AG
https://instagr.am/p/Bv0W-45BkxZ
First Page Last Page
Page 57 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.