****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,291 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
C@LAg said:

Yes, it was in the trailer, but that seems to be spoilery kind of information since it would be easy to miss and could just be assumed to be garment "frillage". but whatever. And I agree, the assessment is very likely.

So does this confirm that wights just need to be "scratched" by dragonglass, and not pierced?
This may be nit picking, but the dragonglass is only for the Walkers. It's just another sharp blade against the regular wights. (Although I will admit I can't remember if the tv show has ever shown a wight being attacked with dragonglass).

And you probably meant the walkers, anyway.
Urban Ag
AG
Dragon glass kills White Walkers and wights (zombies). They killed a butt load of them north of the wall with dragonglass weapons and then again at King Landing during the informercial that Jon and Davos put on.
redline248
AG
well then disregard everything I typed
redline248
AG
I seriously can't remember a lot from the last season. I wonder why that is, relative to what I remember from all the other seasons.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
TXRunner97
AG
We know that episode 3 is the battle of Winterfell directed by Miguel Sapochnik and that he is also directing episode 5 which will include another battle scene.
It will be at the Trident IMHO and King's Landing will be the last episode involving just the Clegane Bowl and Cersei getting killed by Jaimie.

just my guesses that are probably wrong
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fire kills wights, too. But not WW.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
C@LAg said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Fire kills wights, too. But not WW.
do we know that?

Well every time the opportunity has presented itself, the WW just make the fire disappear. That doesn't mean a dragon's breath couldn't take them down though.
Fenrir
Dragon fire has a magical element to it though so I think it's entirely possible they are more or less safe from normal fire where dragon fire could kill one.
Urban Ag
AG
redline248 said:

I seriously can't remember a lot from the last season. I wonder why that is, relative to what I remember from all the other seasons.
My wife and I typically consumed a lot of wine on Sunday nights for GOT. A lot of the reason I always had a Monday re-watch.

Did you forget the Monday re-watch?
Urban Ag
AG
TXRunner97 said:

We know that episode 3 is the battle of Winterfell directed by Miguel Sapochnik and that he is also directing episode 5 which will include another battle scene.
It will be at the Trident IMHO and King's Landing will be the last episode involving just the Clegane Bowl and Cersei getting killed by Jaimie.

just my guesses that are probably wrong
I didn't know that. I just thought they filmed the one major battle. Now I'm even more amped. thanks
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
ja86
AG
i thought that the GC was famous for not changing sides... though that doesn't mean the show writers can't do their own thing.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
BoomGoesThe
Question from a Game of Thrones idiot (me): Would the people on the other continent be in any danger of the white walkers getting to them?
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
They can steer a dead horse. Why can't they steer a ship?
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
They have a big ass chain, they could pull up a dead whale, let it swallow them, ride it to Essos and land on the beaches and come out of the mouth like a landing craft on the Normandy beaches.

That or they could just walk on the ocean floor to Essos. It's not like they need oxygen
redline248
AG
It amazes me that this conversation pops up right after I watched the scene mentioned above with Jon killing the wight in front of Cersei. Euron asks Jon is the wights can swim, and Jon says no. The implication is that they can't get to the iron islands.

I really don't see why the NK can't just load them on a boat, though.
BowSowy
AG
Why would he need a boat? They can just swim across the ocean. It's not like they can drown or tire out/need food and water.
redline248
AG
According to Jon, they can't swim
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
speaking of chains that reminds me about a theory I read the other day having to do with the Night King.

So some of the complaints about the "Beyond the Wall" episode revolve around
  • the sudden appearance of those chains
  • the preparedness of the zombies for what was supposed to be a surprise mission to capture a wight
  • having weapons that can kill a dragon
  • the apparent lack of urgency to kill the humans

So what if all of those issues are answered by the apparent connection between Bran and the Night King. What if the Night King knows what's going to happen because he can read Bran's mind. And if his goal was to breach the wall then what did he need - a dragon. and who has one - Dany. And who is working with Dany - Jon.

Recall back to Bran's vision in Eas****ch of the army of the dead encircled in the north - but in that case there was nobody in the middle. But it could have been a vision of what was coming.

Or the NK is simply a greenseer himself (or he's Bran in some crazy time loop - there is a theory that the NK is coming south to kill Bran to keep him from going north and becoming the NK).

Anyway they wait in a place they know they can trap Jon and his band, and then encircle them like he foresaw and wait for him to summon the dragons.

That explains why they have the dragon weapons and chains nearby apparently.

They wanted a dragon all along and laid a trap combined with seeing the future some way (thru Bran, or the NK himself). And then they had what they needed to bring the wall down - I mean otherwise they marched 1000s of miles in snow with no real plan for how to bring the wall down and just got lucky(??). I think not.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
MuckRaker96 said:

How about a revolving glass door into Winterfell but the glass is dragon glass? The wights are all like, well hey this is convenient, but instead they are all killed.

Better yet, Bran has them build a complete replica of Winterfell and puts a toll booth on the road with a sign that reads "Toll, one coin of Dragon Glass". When the Night King sends them back to get it they all die because they touch it and the finale is a huge food fight in the commissary.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
InternetFan02
AG
Stolen from Facebook
Edit fixed size

C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fenrir
I doubt zombies can do the tasks necessary to actually sail ships large enough to transport an army.

I'm also pretty certain that walking along the bottom of the ocean would end up with a bunch of bones scattered on the ocean floor due to the pressure.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Fenrir
1. They're very obviously not coordinated.

2. Bottom of ocean pressures (even among the shallower oceans on Earth) are capable of breaking every bone in your body. I'm not talking about Mariana trench depths either. Animated piles of bone dust aren't going to be very dangerous to the people on Essos.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Chipotlemonger
AG
redline248
AG
If pirates of the Caribbean can do it, why can't GoT?

Edit: forgot winky face
First Page Last Page
Page 41 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.