****** Game of Thrones - Season 8 ******

1,900,253 Views | 14667 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Prosperdick
Marcus Aurelius
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Per the HBO site some of the actors stating that many fav stars will perish in the final season. I think a Shakespearean ending is expected.
c-jags
Marcus Aurelius said:

Per the HBO site some of the actors stating that many fav stars will perish in the final season. I think a Shakespearean ending is expected.
i had a lot of Xs on Muck's poll.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
IMO, there's been enough hints throughout the series that she often loses control and lets her emotions get the best of her. (Crucifying the masters in Mereen, burning the Tarlys, etc.)

It would be a huge push towards crazy, sure, but it wouldn't be THAT out of the blue. IMO.
aTmAg
AG
Another question:

What the hell is a Azor Ahai? And the other one people mentioned?

Is that in the show? Or only the books?
wangus12
AG
AgLaw said:

Urban Ag said:

The Dog Lord said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

The trailer makes it look like Jon will be riding a dragon this season. Besides Danny I mean

That was my impression from the scene of them walking up to the 2 dragons (wangus posted the pic). I wonder if that is after Jon is revealed as a Targ.
I still think that Dany is Azor Ahai and that she is going to die in the process of killing the Night's King. And......that the big reveal comes after that. The big reveal coming before the Battle of Winterfell would really muddy up the waters and having it come after Dany (or Jon for that matter, if I'm wrong) is dead would help would free HBO up from the icky factor corner they're painted in to.
I think Jon is Azor Ahai, and the final step to creating Lightbringer and bringing down the army of the dead will be sacrificing Dany.
Yall are both wrong and there is no Azor Ahai. Its a total red herring.

wangus12
AG
aTmAg said:

Another question:

Its another name for the Prince/Princess that was Promised
aTmAg
AG
wangus12 said:

aTmAg said:

Another question:

Its another name for the Prince/Princess that was Promised
So the person who is supposed to eventually take the throne?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nope, one has nothing to do with the other.

The Prince That Was Promised is only said to save everyone from the White Walkers during the next Long Night. (As far as I recall.)
Urban Ag
AG
AgLaw said:

Urban Ag said:

The Dog Lord said:

FightinTexasAg15 said:

The trailer makes it look like Jon will be riding a dragon this season. Besides Danny I mean

That was my impression from the scene of them walking up to the 2 dragons (wangus posted the pic). I wonder if that is after Jon is revealed as a Targ.
I still think that Dany is Azor Ahai and that she is going to die in the process of killing the Night's King. And......that the big reveal comes after that. The big reveal coming before the Battle of Winterfell would really muddy up the waters and having it come after Dany (or Jon for that matter, if I'm wrong) is dead would help would free HBO up from the icky factor corner they're painted in to.
I think Jon is Azor Ahai, and the final step to creating Lightbringer and bringing down the army of the dead will be sacrificing Dany.
Very well could be. Going back to the prophecies in the books that have only been generally covered in the series, this could certainly be the case. I just think in terms of practicality it's kind of convoluted to do in the series and if it happened Jon would get ripped into a thousand pieces by pissed off Dothraki and Unsullied. "No wait guys, let Bran and Sam explain the prophecy, start over again from the beginning".

I just think it was a subtle reference planted last season when Missandie corrected Dany's Valerian translation of the prophecy to point out "the prince that was promised" is gender neutral.

Also, and not that it has any bearing on the above, but Heartsbane is in play to as Lightbringer. Otherwise why go to the trouble of showing Sam steal it from his dad's castle in S6? Who knows.

All that said, I am actually hoping it's none of the above and some great twist gets thrown in. Maybe Sam is Azor Ahai. That fat, nerdy, white guy, wins in the end. GRRM laughs his ass off from his mansion in New Mexico and throws his Mac in the fireplace.
redline248
AG
aTmAg said:

Another question:

Azor Ahai is mentioned by Melisandre as early as season 2, I think.
aTmAg
AG
redline248 said:

aTmAg said:

Another question:

Azor Ahai is mentioned by Melisandre as early as season 2, I think.
Geeze.. I missed it twice
wangus12
AG
No, the Prince that was Promised is the prophesied savior that will deliver the world from darkness. Azor Ahai was supposedly the first Prince that was Promised and defeated the darkness the first time. The belief in the prophecy seems to be that of the red priestesses like Melisandre (who thought Stannis was the new prince). Rhaegar Targaryen (Jon's father) thought at one point he was the Prince (in the books & at another point proclaimed that his son Aegon is the prince)
Urban Ag
AG
aTmAg said:

Another question:

Not a knock on aTmAg but this is why I don't think HBO is going to get super convoluted with the prophecy. Outside of book readers and really devoted series fans, the general viewing audience is not following it that closely. I don't think the HBO execs would sign off on ending (arguably) the greatest cable series ever with millions of people saying "WTF? I don't get it".
Joe Cole
How many episodes into the season do you think it will take for the "reveal" that Jon is Targ to become common knowledge to everybody else ?
Bregxit
AG
Joe Cole said:

How many episodes into the season do you think it will take for the "reveal" that Jon is Targ to become common knowledge to everybody else ?

27 minutes into episode 1.
wangus12
AG
Plus, the prophecy only references defeating the darkness.

The story that references defeating the Others is that of the Last Hero, the Battle of the Dawn and the Long Night.

The Last Hero and the First Men joins forces with the Children of the Forest. They formed the original Night's Watch and drove the Others back north during the Battle of the Dawn using dragon glass and Valyrian steel. There has been no distinction between the two religions (The Old Gods & The Faith of R'hollor) on whether or not the Last Hero and Azor Ahai are the same person
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
DAMN. I picked the wrong day to actually work for 7 straight hours without checking TA.

That was awesome.

Seems like a lot of Jaime it's gonna be interesting.
RadAg14
AG

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
A couple of websites say that entire trailer is scenes from just the first 3 episodes.

That shot of Varys in the crypts, you can see a statue of Robb and Grey Wind.

Tormund, Beric and Edd is the greatest buddy roadtrip movie of all time waiting to happen.

If the Hound is at WInterfell and they're using fire to fight the Wights, seems like he's either going to have to finally get over himself or he'll be dead in the first 30 seconds.

One episode should end with Ghost running back to WInterfell from the Wall for about 10 minutes and just as he charges over the final crest to see Jon Snow, Jon flies by on Rhaegal.
RadAg14
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

wangus12 said:

Powerful user name to post correlation
Teddy Perkins
AG
More Arya than I expected. Amount of screentime in the trailer breakdown.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/game-of-thrones-season-7-trailer-breaks-record-hbo-release-date-trailer-a7756576.html

S7 trailer did 61M views in 24 hours. What are we thinking this time?

I'm going with 85M.
Stive
AG
Wonder what Arya is running from?!?!
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Azor Ahai is Brienne of Tarth and she kills Jaime to anoint Lightbringer
wangus12
AG
Night King probably raises ol Ned Stark from the dead
Teddy Perkins
AG
My wild guess is the Mountain after an assassination attempt on Cersei but it's probably just wights or an ice spider. She looks like she has a red shiner on her right eye though.

Edit: the reason I think it could be the Mountain is because the trailer shows her doing a bunch of spins with a staff or spear with similar lighting to her running from something. I think that could be a call back to the Mountain's fight with Oberyn.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Well, she had the lead off part.
wangus12
AG
Yeah but that definitely looks like the halls of Winterfell, not the Red Keep
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Stive said:

Wonder what Arya is running from?!?!
Hot Pie is down there and hasn't eaten in a week.
Robert C. Christian
AG
Shot by shot breakdown of the trailer. Spoiler, conjecture, etc. warning.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

This shot is just beautiful. Can we appreciate the fact that this is a "TV series"?

That's LOTR level.
Urban Ag
AG
dlance said:

Joe Cole said:

27 minutes into episode 1.

Bran: We should really tell Jon, he should know the truth.

Sam: <nervous laughter> but they look so happy Bran, maybe give it a few more days?

Gilly: Sam, we'll probably all be dead in a few more days.....

Sam: <nervous laughter> well, she has a point.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
First Page Last Page
Page 36 of 420

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.