*** MR. ROBOT (Season 3) ***

6,153 Views | 46 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by expresswrittenconsent
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
First trailer just dropped.

Mr. Robot can be a bit pretentious and eye-roll inducing at times, but overall it's unlike anything else on TV, and I thought season two ended incredibly strong. If anything, it's one of the best looking shows out there, and creator Sam Esmail definitely gives it his all. Regardless of the random tangents the show sometimes takes, I'm a big fan of his and can't wait to see where he takes the story.

The 10-episode third season returns on October 11.

I mentioned this in another thread, but with David Fincher's Mindhunters, along with the return of Curb Your Enthusiasm and Stranger Things that months as well, October is a hell of a month for TV this year.

Quinn
AG
Looks like the **** really hit the fan for season 3. S2 was interesting, if a little disappointing, so hopefully S3 can recapture the magic of S1.
gomerschlep
AG
I'm in. This is the best thing on TV right now.
TCTTS
AG
Full trailer...

Carl Underguard
AG
I just finished watching the first season on Amazon. How did I manage to avoid this for so long?!? It was fantastic. I won't post on this thread again until I'm fully caught up, which may be as soon as Saturday. Because of Harvey, I've been off of work all week.

Watching the first season of Mr. Robot this week after the GoT finale put season seven of GoT into perspective for me. This show is much more in my wheelhouse.
Cyprian
BoneBoy
AG
  • 15 days until Season 3 begins! I can't wait! It's one of my top 2 series along with GOT.
Sex Panther
AG
Anxious to see where this show goes. The Season 2 hinted that this show might get really weird... well, weirder.

Especially with that ending
TCTTS
AG
Totally forgot that this starts Wednesday.
BoneBoy
AG
Tonight, 9pm CT. Whoop! Gig'em, Elliot! BTHOEC!
ZEEB
AG
Where can I stream this show from the beginning? Even my comcast ondemand service wants me to pay for a show on USfreakinA network
FL_Ag1998
AG
Amazon Prime should have Seasons 1& 2, I believe.
k20dub
AG
In. Loved season 1, season 2 was meh.
BoneBoy
AG
So, what did y'all think about last night's episode. To me, it seemed a lot different from previous seasons. It seemed to move a lot faster with less confusion. Huge reveal about the cause of Mr Robot's death. Angela's a total bi*** conspiring with Mr Robot against Elliot.
Duncan Idaho
This is worth a watch

BoneBoy
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

This is worth a watch

That video alienated me. I'm going to get in my spaceship & GTFOH.
Connd
I love how they are playing into his spilt personality now. Everyone seeing him as two people now is awesome.
Hickory High
AG
I'm so confused, and I feel like I'm missing so much symbolism/below-the-surface stuff in the show, but it's still one of my favorite shows, possibly ever.
cone
AG
last night
FTAG 2000
AG
Why did they have to start bagging on Trump? Why does Hollywood feel its needs to politicize everything?
TCTTS
AG
Was this your first episode of Mr. Robot? Because this has always been a show in which the plot is literally built on "politicizing" nearly everything under the sun. Never mind the half dozen or so Obama clips used throughout the first two seasons (and not all of them flattering, mind you), but themes of taking down "the man," social upheaval, and upending the cathedrals of government inform nearly every aspect of this series. That, and whatever your opinion of Trump, you can't argue that he'd likely represent the ultimate villain for a band of social justice hackers such as the ones portrayed.

But on a more meta level, this is a show that A) is locked in the year 2015, yet B) spends a good chunk of its time trying to hold a mirror up to our modern sociopolitical / financial climate. And because the world we live in is so different on a number of levels from the one we lived in when this show first debuted, the argument could be made that there is almost an obligation on the part of creator Sam Esmail to acknowledge Trump in some way, shape, or form. And honestly, I thought this was not only an incredibly clever way to do so, but it's just straight up funny as well. The idea of Whiterose potentially playing puppet master to Trump is pretty hilarious, and a knowing wink on the part of Esmail to his audience.

That said, I'm far more worried about the state of the show as a whole. Overall, it just doesn't hold my attention nearly as well as it used to, and the fact that hardly anyone has commented in this thread three episodes into the new season tells me that a lot of other people have checked out as well. I still appreciate what it's trying to do, and the quality it strives for each week, but man, it's simply becoming too arcane for its own good. Maybe that's another reason the Trump thing didn't bother me at all. It was at least an entertaining idea, if not a completely outrageous one.
cone
AG
still love the show

Bobby Cannavale is great
Hickory High
AG
...basically what TCTTS said
TCTTS
AG
aTmAg
AG
I stopped watching after S3E1. Just too boring. Too much silence punctuated by Elliott's annoying voice. It tries too hard to be edgy and has become lame instead.
BJM1781
AG
To each his own, I guess. I actually find this season much more interesting than 2. I almost bailed last year, but feel like the show is back on track.

It will never again reach the heights of the first season, but that's OK.
BJM1781
AG
And tonight's episode is commercial free and consists of a bunch of tracking shots edited together to feel like one take. Should be entertaining.
expresswrittenconsent
Agree. This season has been a lot of fun and felt like season 1.
BoneBoy
AG
This week's episode was certainly action packed and fast paced, almost too much so. Agree? But at least it's not as slow and boring as most of season 2.

It's interesting how alienated Angela has become, as she has betrayed everyone but White Rose and Mr Robot. Of course even Darlene has betrayed Elliot with the FBI, although she's also protecting him to some extent.
71 other E Corp facilities bombed? That came out of nowhere. It will be also interesting how many were killed in those bombings, especially when Angela said that no one would die. How naive!
expresswrittenconsent
I bet the trump fan up thread really hated the mar-a-lago scene.
FTAG 2000
AG
Not a Trump fan. Just tired of Hollywood railing against the guy in every form and fashion.

Actually thought the Marelago scene was much better than one previously wheee White Rose talked with the guy about a PR campaign to support him.

And sorry but the show was much more favorable to O than anything Trump so far.

I just want to enjoy a show without it being politicized to the hilt. They didn't need to bring any of that in.
Agristotle
AG
I knew the audience was dropping for this strange show, I guess that is reflected on this board. Anybody still watching? It's been renewed for season 4, so where do they go tonight?
TCTTS
AG
Still watching and definitely enjoying it.

But for whatever reason, it's just not a show I need to rehash/discuss every week. Which is weird because it checks a lot of boxes for me that usually make me want to go all in and talk about it each week. It seems like it should be the perfect Reddit/message board show, but for whatever reason it just doesn't resonate that way.

That said, this has been a pretty solid season, and I'm so intrigued by all the time travel hints and references, and am so curious to see if they actually go there. Maybe we finally get a legitimate tease of that tonight?
Agristotle
AG
Same here on the time travel angle. Almost has a hint of "Lost" about it.
FTA03
AG
Who was the guy at the very end of the show? Assuming he's from past seasons or episodes but I couldn't place him.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.