The Night Of

1,259 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by mavsfan4ever
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HBO short series, has anyone here watched it? A friend recommended it and I was wondering what people here think
Gramercy Riffs
AG
Start Here
Saint Pablo
Odd...I searched the board for a thread about it, but did not see one. My bad! Thank you
Gramercy Riffs
AG
No worries. I don't use the texags search function. Just google "texags the night of hbo" and it's the first result.
Goldie Wilson
Really loved the first episode. I wish I would have stopped watching after that one.
Thunder18
AG
Very meh after 1st episode
Leggo My Elko
AG
Thunder18 said:

Keep going, it's awesome.
hph6203
AG
Gramercy Riffs said:

No worries. I don't use the texags search function. Just google "texags the night of hbo" and it's the first result.
Use google search site:https://texags.com/forums "what you're searching for" to get even better results.

I stopped watching after 6ish episodes, gonna finish the last 2-3 to see how it ends, but I don't have high hopes.
beanbean
It was OK. It's worth watching if you're looking for something to fill in time while TV is pretty slow in the summertime.
Btron
AG
TexjbA&M said:

Thunder18 said:

Keep going, it's awesome.
But don't binge it, watch one episode a week, that way you can truly appreciate the greatness!
schmendeler
AG
hated the first episode. almost didn't want to finish it. I prefer my movies about stupid people to be funny, not cringe-y.

didn't watch any more. my wife felt the same way.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
hph6203 said:

Gramercy Riffs said:

Use google search site:https://texags.com/forums "what you're searching for" to get even better results.
I must admit, when I used half the keystrokes and the exact thread I was searching for came up as the first result, I thought, "There's got to be a better way!"
hph6203
AG
I can do my search in less keystrokes than your's and it results in better, more specific results. So yeah, better.

Assuming you want to search Texags more than just the one time, you can bookmark a google search for site:texags.com and then just type what you're looking for in quotes.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
hph6203 said:

I can do my search in less keystrokes than your's and it results in better, more specific results. So yeah, better.
And yet the way you described it in your first post was none of those things. Not fewer keystrokes, and certainly not "better" than the first result at the top of the page.

It's cool though - you're the Search King. What a weird nerd argument to try to win. You can have it.
The Debt
Saint Pablo said:

HBO short series, has anyone here watched it? A friend recommended it and I was wondering what people here think

Your friend has bad taste.

As others have stated: good ep1, rest is a dungheap.
hph6203
AG
I was trying to show you a better way of searching Texags so that if you, for example, wanted to find opinions on a TV you were looking at buying rather than searching for a TV show whose name is in the thread title, you'd be able to find it. Its use is also not limited to Texags.

Like if you were looking at buying a Samsung KS8000 and wanted to know if anyone on Texags had purchased one and had an opinion.

My Way

Your way

Your way gets 9 total results and only two of those results are from Texags, mine results in 8 results all from Texags. If you copy and paste the URL, mine is also less keystrokes.

So yeah, fewer keystrokes and better.
mavsfan4ever
AG
I'll actually use that search function in the future. Thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.