*** The Disaster Artist ***

19,558 Views | 165 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TexasAggies06
AG
Finally saw this yesterday and enjoyed it. I thought both Francos were excellent, and the cast overall was great from top to bottom.

Am I the only one that sees Tommy Wiseau as a sort-of Michael Scott type? He seems like a genuinely good person who is both extremely enthusiastic about and simultaneously terrible at his job, and he is completely oblivious to this fact despite everyone around him telling him so. This can often be detrimental to those who work with him (e.g. making Greg shave his beard and miss out on a possible big break), which I think every other character on The Office could relate to.
Tobias Funke
AG
Thanks to this thread, I just saw The Room in all its glory on the big screen. Least disappointing experience of my life
Know Your Enemy
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Thanks to this thread, I just saw The Room in all its glory on the big screen. Least disappointing experience of my life

Just got out of the theater. Holy ****, that was legendary. I'm going to see Disaster Artist this weekend.
Ag Since 83
AG
I went as well. Wow is all I can say.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Did you guys stay through the credits?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Any spoon throwing?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Any spoon throwing?

No but the whole theater shouted out about 4-5 classic lines as they were said onscreen. Not sure if it's from seeing The Room before or from seeing TDA.
Ag Since 83
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Any spoon throwing?
Yes.

My favorite audience gags were the "who are you?" To the one guy at the party who suddenly concerns himself with Lisa's behavior, and the guy in the audience member who yelled "oh hi Denny" after the first sex scene.
Joan Wilder
AG
What candles? What music? What sexy dress????
Tobias Funke
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Any spoon throwing?
Yes.

My favorite audience gags were the "who are you?" To the one guy at the party who suddenly concerns himself with Lisa's behavior, and the guy in the audience member who yelled "oh hi Denny" after the first sex scene.

"How's your cancer?!?"

"Boop!"

And my absolute favorite was the whole audience chanting "GO GO GO GO" as the camera pointlessly panned across the entire Golden Gate Bridge. Multiple times.

And yes, tons of spoons. It was a mess.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I loved the "cheep cheep cheep" parts.
20ag07
You guys didn't truly experience this correctly if you weren't trashed from Scotchka.
Know Your Enemy
AG
I can't stop laughing at this movie and talking about it with pretty much everyone I know. I have got to go see it again.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Propane & Accessories
AG
Best Music video ever
BQ78
AG
I knew you couldn't stay away from this thread. Oh hello doggie.
Whos Juan
AG
Tobias Funke said:

Ag Since 83 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Any spoon throwing?
Yes.

"How's your cancer?!?"

"Boop!"

And my absolute favorite was the whole audience chanting "GO GO GO GO" as the camera pointlessly panned across the entire Golden Gate Bridge. Multiple times.

And yes, tons of spoons. It was a mess.
My favorite is everyone humming the Mission Impossible theme song when Johnny sets up the tape recorder under the phone.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Finally saw TDA tonight and enjoyed it but I'm glad I saw The Room first. I absolutely loved the side by side scenes at the end of the film. It's amazing how close they got the remakes. And make sure you stay through the credits. Everyone else in the theater left and it was me and the employees left by the time it came on.
Know Your Enemy
AG
For those that have read the book:
Did the Cranston meeting really happen?
Propane & Accessories
AG
Yeah Nick Fury appears and welcomes Johnny to join the Avengers and in regards to the Cranston story

http://www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2017/12/05/fact_vs_fiction_in_the_disaster_artist.html
Quote:

The real story behind the beard is not nearly as dramatic. The real Greg Sestero was reluctant to shave his beard, but it wasn't because he'd been promised a role on Malcolm in the Middle; in his book, Sestero says he already suspected that The Room was going to be a disaster and he liked having the beard as a disguise so that he could later disassociate himself from the film.
You're tearing me apart- Tommy Wiseau
Counterpoint
AG
Did the Room viewing party ever happen? I just saw TDA and I can't wait to watch The Room.
The Anchor
AG
TDA is on Amazon Prime. I just watched it. What a fun, hlarious movie. Now I need to see The Room.
The Anchor
AG
I just watched The Room. Wow, that was bad.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What a story, Mark!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.