Looper

916 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Punked Shank
Punked Shank
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just watched this on fxx last night. Kept my attention pretty well and actually kinda enjoyed the ending since i wasn't expecting it. How was this movie perceived by you folks?
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Redstone saw it coming, probably because he is a looper for the entertainment board.
rhutton125
AG
I heard a lot of good things but I was one of the few who didn't care much for it.

The things I remember most:
1) The whole thing with TKs felt kind of sudden. Mentioned once or twice and then very important. Maybe I just missed all the cues. Or maybe it just felt out of place in a world where I already had to take time travel seriously despite its seeming plotholes (see item 3)
2) That kid looking angry and evil was a little too silly for me, took me out of the moment.
3) It made for a cool visual but at some point, changing the past changes the future in more than just minor ways. For example, I seem to recall Paul Dano being tortured or something and as he's walking, he's disfigured and maybe loses his feet or something? There's no way you'd be in the exact situation you're in with no feet. Not even the same line of work. So that took me out of things a bit too, but not too badly.
4) Thought the best part was JGL meeting Bruce Willis but sadly they shared like one scene.
5) I did not like the doofus henchman who went full evil at the end.

I guess I remembered more than I thought!
Bruce Almighty
AG
I thought it was ok. It seemed most liked it more than I did.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
You can see my issue with it on the first page of the stuff that bothers you about movies thread.

Other than that I really liked it.
Punked Shank
AG
Thanks. I guess I went into with really low expectations so it made the movie a little more ejnoy able.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.