Michelle Rod threatens to leave F&F if they don't 'show love to the

3,811 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Sooper Jeenyus
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Michelle Rodriguez threatens to leave Fast & Furious if they don't 'show love to the women' in next film

Quote:

Where would you like to see the Fast films go from here? How can they be more inclusive of women?

RODRIGUEZ: First and foremost, bringing some more women on the good team, not just bringing an amazing actress to play the bad guy, and having more female camaraderie, having women do things independently outside of what the boys are doing that is truly the voice of female independence. Now, having girls run around and do a bunch of really cool stuff, that's great, it's wonderful, but we never talk to each other. It's very rare that they even look at each other. I've been making movies with Jordana, who plays the sister of Dom Toretto, for 16 years and I can count on one hand how many lines I've had to her. I think that's pathetic and it's lack of creativity. Guys don't know what girls talk about. They think that girls just sit around talking about guys and it's a sad truth of men being the dominant writers in Hollywood. You're going to see a bunch of really bad movies written by men about women and it's because they realized, finally, that it makes money, so hopefully, it's a call to arms. It's a call to arms to the women to step up and step into fields that they never really considered before, like action.

What else would you like to see more of in terms of women in these movies?

BREWSTER: I think the franchise has continued evolving and growing so far, so good. Equal screen time is always good. That's something to aim for, but not as far as different storylines.

MIRREN: Just more [women], with bigger, longer scenes, with a more direct, intrinsic story. It's something that I've been battling with my whole life.

http://ew.com/movies/2017/05/05/fast-furious-series-badass-women/
nai06
AG
she is replaceable at this point. She might have had some sway 4 movies ago
chipotle
bye
FL_Ag1998
AG
Michelle Rodriguez has always played the most annoying characters IMO. Has she ever not played an annoying ***** with a constant scowl, acting like she's a badass that can take down anybody that doesn't do what she says?
DG-Ag
AG
OMG WHAT WILL WE DO???
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Wasn't her character the impetus behind the entire plot of the sixth movie?
oragator
Her character on lost was among the most annoying ever.
Flashdiaz
AG
No one watches that franchise for the dialogue.
If I wanted to hear a bunch of women talking about dumb **** i'd watch the view.

I want to watch a bunch of people do dumb **** so i'll watch fast and furious.
Sex Panther
AG
lolololol what an idiot

Paul Walker died and they didn't even bat an eye... you think they give a **** if you're in the next one?
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
She can be included in the fiery car crash that they use to kill off Gadot in the next one, since I'm assuming she will be too busy with DCU to be involved in the films anymore.
BEaggie08
AG
Champ Bailey said:

She can be included in the fiery car crash that they use to kill off Gadot in the next one, since I'm assuming she will be too busy with DCU to be involved in the films anymore.
How many times do they need to kill Gadot's character?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
I was just watching the sixth one on FX just last night and I got to thinking about why these movies are so dumb and yet so fun:

They are the current equivalent to the great action movies of the 80's. Growing up as a teen back then, everyone always looked forward to the next Schwarzenegger and Stallone movie because we knew what we were getting: over-the-top action, cool stunts, bad puns and the ridiculously over-muscled hero fighting the bad guy at the end.

Yes, they were bad. But Arnold and Sly had charisma that shone through the script. And the movies delivered the adrenaline we wanted.

That's exactly what the FF movies are doing today. The 80's had Schwarzenegger and Stallone, today it's Diesel and the Rock.

Hint: no one's going for the chicks. Everyone else in the cast are sidekicks or comic relief.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
oragator said:

Her character on lost was among the most annoying ever.
No kidding. Her death was shocking........but a relief.
Al Bula
AG
WGAF? haven't seen anything from this franchise after the first one. It is literally one of the worst franchises ever.
ac04
probably my least favorite actress of all time
MGS
The Fast & The Feminine?
Ag03 CQE
AG
How fast can you really drive a car in a kitchen?
Say Chowdah
AG
Did anyone else read her quote, with her voice, in their head?

She's not Rosie Perez or Pam Drescher annoying. But she is her is every role she plays.

But then again, so were Sly and Arnold.
schmendeler
AG
are there a lot of women that watch these movies?
Flashdiaz
AG
they should do this to her character:

Cancelled
AG
She's damned sexy
Urban Ag
AG
Quote:

You're going to see a bunch of really bad movies written by men about women and it's because they realized, finally, that it makes money, so hopefully, it's a call to arms. It's a call to arms to the women to step up and step into fields that they never really considered before, like action.

Uh no, they didn't just realize this. Come on man.

Anyway, I am so sick of this argument. Hollywood writes and produces the material the (targeted) consumer wants to see. If there is a market for more female action films, they'll cater to it. They've already tried many, many, times. And if it bothers Michelle or anyone else that much, if they are that passionate about it, then stop complaining and do it yourself.
Max Power
AG
Oh no, whatever would they do if they lost Michelle Rodriguez? How could any franchise get over such a loss? If they've about a billion after Paul Walkers death then perhaps she should realize her negotiation position is close to zero. It would be entertaining if they brought her back and muted every single line of hers in the movie just to upset her. She gets roughly 4 lines of dialogue so it wouldn't impact much.
HeadGames
AG
queso1 said:

She's damned sexy

No
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
BEaggie08 said:

Champ Bailey said:

It's sexist if they don't kill her as many times as Han.
jeffk
AG
Champ Bailey said:

BEaggie08 said:

Champ Bailey said:

It's sexist if they don't kill her as many times as Han.

Don't forget racist too!
_lefraud_
AG
Is she suggested maybe more women drivers, perhaps Asian women? Maybe not fast, but it sure would make a lot of drivers furious.

jamaggie06
AG
"Just more [women], with bigger tits, longer legs, with more direct, nudity. It's something that men have been wanting their whole lives."

FIFH
bac
AG
Does she even qualify as a woman?
AgLaw
AG
"Look, I'll make nine movies that don't show the love to women, but ten? No way!"
JuliusCaesarAggie
queso1 said:

She's damned sexy
Sooper Jeenyus
AG
Who TF does she think these movies are made for?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.