Need a book reccomendation... just finished ready player one

2,012 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by mavsfan4ever
adamsbq06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Just finished "Ready Player One" need a suggestion...
tk for tu juan
Ready Player Two: Electric Boogaloo
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Laughed way harder than I should have at this.
Clavell
AG
Try Reamde by Neal Stephenson. Read it about the same time and while a lot differences quite a few similarities too. Ended up liking it about as much.
Blanco Ag
AG
Clavell said:

Try Reamde by Neal Stephenson. Read it about the same time and while a lot differences quite a few similarities too. Ended up liking it about as much.
Came here to post Snow Crash by Stephenson. I read Ready Player One last year and had a similar question as the OP. Advice I got from TexAgs was Snow Crash, which I found to be exceptionally good.

Thanks for recommendation - this may be the next book I pick up too.
spag.ag2003
AG
Stephenson is gold so worth looking into it.

Also check out The Library at Mount Char - darker than RP1 but has the same sense of momentum and wild creativity. Also, it's funny in all the right places.

Frozen Concoction
You might try the Silo series by Hugh Howey - Wool, Shift, & Dust
For something different, there's Malaria Dreams by Stuart Stevens - a friend asks him to go and get a Land Rover that he left in the Central African Republic and drive it back to Europe.
Know Your Enemy
AG
tk for tu juan said:

Cancelled
AG
For all the jokes, breakin' 2 electric boogaloo was the finer movie.
FIDO95
AG
If you like dystopian, try Red Rising. Saw that on a previous Texags book list. Best series I have read since A Song of Fire and Ice.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bearamedic99
AG
Armor by John Steakley
Dro07
AG
May not be your cup of tea but the Expanse series is pretty good
Maveric
AG
FIDO95 said:

If you like dystopian, try Red Rising. Saw that on a previous Texags book list. Best series I have read since A Song of Fire and Ice.
Another recommendation for the Red Rising trilogy. Best thing I have read in years, and the trilogy is complete, so you don't have to wait for him to write another installment.
13B
The Expanse series--James S. A. Corey (SciFi-Space), Hap and Leonard series--Joe R. Lansdale (Crime/Mystery), Day by Day Armageddon series--JL Bourne (Zombie Genre), Ex-Heroes series--Peter Clines Zombie Genre). All extremely engaging books, two of which have tv series based on them too.
swimmerbabe11
Hap and Leonard has a Netflix show now that is pretty good
PatAg
AG
The book series is good, the tv show is not.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Just wanted to say thanks for the recommendations for Red Rising. I just finished the third book. Awesome series. Will start the fourth book sometime this month.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.