Fear the Walking Dead - Season 3

7,752 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Objective Aggie
H6RBW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That is true. And, with the RV, it comes shortly after Jeremiah was being critical of how Troy and Madison failed to scout the safe house (though, in his defense, he was clear that he expected them all to be dead).
MAT
AG
Not really part of the show, but I'm intrigued by Ofelia's mostly silent clips on Talking Dead. It almost seems like they don't know what to do with her and are trying to get input from the fans?

And I didn't see her as being that hot when she was in Fear, but I think she's really sexy doing those clips.
H6RBW
AG
Quote:

I'm intrigued by Ofelia's mostly silent clips on Talking Dead.

Interesting. I haven't watched Talking Dead at all this season and was kind of surprised that we hadn't heard anything about Ofelia. What are these clips about?
MAT
AG
She communicates with a number of cards/posters, giving questions and suggestions (e.g. is she dead....) about what her character might be up to while also providing facial experesions to support each card. They give a hashtag at the end to provide your feedback.

Reminds me of an old Bob Dylan video (I think?) where he holds up cards with the lyrics to his song.
H6RBW
AG
Strange. I was assuming we were eventually going to find out Jeremiah had her captive, but read where the actor suggested that, after stopping Ofelia at the end of last season, he sent her on her way rather than keep her/allow her to stay at the ranch.
MAT
AG
Couldn't find a link to any of the videos she did on Talking Dead but found the following:

"Message from Mercedes 7/2/17
During Talking Dead, Ofelia Salazar actress Mercedes Mason sent a message for fans, using notecards in the same vein of Andrew Lincoln's iconic Love Actually scene.

"It's me again," the cards read. "Just sitting here. All alone. Wondering... Where the f---- is Ofelia? Is she infected? Has she found the cure? Let us know what you think. #WhereIsOfelia"

The hashtag has already prompted hundreds of responses from fans regarding Ofelia's location, however, it appears it will be revealed in just one week's time."

I think she's done at least 2 or 3 of these scenes on Talking Dead this season.
H6RBW
AG
Much obliged.
beanbean
Dang, no discussion on the 2 hour finale? I thought it was pretty good. Ophilea is back. I thought it was a solid season.
H6RBW
AG
Wasn't able to watch it tonight.
p_bubel
brucoh said:

Dang, no discussion on the 2 hour finale? I thought it was pretty good. Ophilea is back. I thought it was a solid season.
I get tired of the *****ing the show brings, so I don't bump the thread.
The finale was pretty damn good.

The added Madison backstory and southern background could make for some interesting speculation.
91_Aggie
AG
Oh yeah, there was a season finale... I guess I should check the DVR and watch it, I guess.

Aggie Infantry
AG
What pi$$ed me off was the writers trying to make the American Indians (no, they are not "Native Americans") into the good guys. Otto purchased the land from Walker's father (grandfather?) for an agreed upon price. I suspect that the sale was registered in the appropriate county/state tax offices, and I suspect that Otto had been paying property tax since the time of the purchase.

Walker had no "right" to the land. Period.

BJM1781
AG
While agree with you on the land ownership aspect, Otto did murder Walker's Uncle and Pops, so I guess he had a legitimate beef Otto's family.

And it seems like vengeance is really what he was angling for all along since he only asked for Otto's head and left the rest of them alone on the land/ranch.
MAT
AG
BJM1781 said:

... left the rest of them alone on the land/ranch.

Until the second half of the season gets underway, or at least that's what it appeared from the previews.

I enjoy FtWD as a counterbalance to TWD. Why is it that FTWD seems "more modern" than TWD? Is it because TWD is years into the apocalypse and FTWD is just months into it? Or is just a South vs West Coast thing?
H6RBW
AG
Finally got to watch the midseason finale tonight. Really good. I'm enjoying this show more right now than I did TWD last season, for sure.

Couple questions:

1. What was Jeremiah doing so far from the ranch, on the border, when he encountered Ofelia? That part didn't add up to me, and it seemed like his character doing something completely random just so he could run into Ofelia and do something to make her bitter.

2. After Nick kills Jeremiah, Madison tells him to do something, but it was really hard for me to follow what happened after that with the jump cuts between Madison approaching the casket, and Jake and Troy driving off with what I assume was Jeremiah's body. But, then, Madison is giving Jeremiah's head to Walker. Anyone want to shed some light for me on what was going on there?
Ghost91
BJM1781 said:

While agree with you on the land ownership aspect, Otto did murder Walker's Uncle and Pops, so I guess he had a legitimate beef Otto's family.

And it seems like vengeance is really what he was angling for all along since he only asked for Otto's head and left the rest of them alone on the land/ranch.
Yeah, Otto bought it fair & square. Walker shouldn't have been such an Indian Giver.

But yes, I agree - it was obvious that the writers were going to ignore the legitimate business deal that transpired, and instead turn it into an emotional "b-b-but native americans and spirits and zen stuff versus white hate & ignorance!!".
Ghost91
H6RBW said:

Finally got to watch the midseason finale tonight. Really good. I'm enjoying this show more right now than I did TWD last season, for sure.

Couple questions:

1. What was Jeremiah doing so far from the ranch, on the border, when he encountered Ofelia? That part didn't add up to me, and it seemed like his character doing something completely random just so he could run into Ofelia and do something to make her bitter.

2. After Nick kills Jeremiah, Madison tells him to do something, but it was really hard for me to follow what happened after that with the jump cuts between Madison approaching the casket, and Jake and Troy driving off with what I assume was Jeremiah's body. But, then, Madison is giving Jeremiah's head to Walker. Anyone want to shed some light for me on what was going on there?

On your #2, I just assumed that Madison's whole "do exactly as I say" thing right after Nick killed Jeremiah was simply about him going along with the fake suicide story and then later making sure they got his head. Maybe I'm wring and there was more to it than that.
H6RBW
AG
Yeah, I'm sure what she was telling Nick to do was go tell Troy and Jake that Jeremiah had committed suicide. But then we saw Troy and Jake carrying Jeremiah's body out of the house wrapped in a sheet and, later, driving away with it in the back of a truck. At the same time, we saw Madison walking up to the casket in a shed - presumably to take Jeremiah's head off to deliver it to Walker. I guess I'm just confused on whether Troy and Jake knew they were taking Jeremiah's head to Walker, and if so, what they were doing driving away with the rest of his body? Or, did Madison somehow swap Jeremiah's body for another at some point? Third possibility: I'm way-overcomplicating it.
Hulla Baller
AG
I just think we haven't seen the reaction yet from Jake and Troy from Madison taking their fathers head. Hopefully, we will see that when the show comes back.
H6RBW
AG
Okay. That's probably right. Was Jeremiah's body still in the sheet when Jake and Troy drove away? Or was it in the casket? I thought it was still in the sheet - suggesting that there was one body in he sheet and another in the casket. But I may be wrong about that (and I've already deleted the episode off my DVR so I can't go back and check). If it was the casket in the back of the truck with Jake and Troy, that would make a lot more sense (Madison just snuck in to take the head after Jeremiah was in the casket, and Jake and Troy didn't realize it before leaving). That has to be it.
AliasMan02
AG
Strand talking to the Cosmonaut was one of the coolest things to happen in either Walking Dead series to date. That was just great.
ellebee
Finished watching last night. Thought it was good, but I really can't stand Madison. Everywhere she goes she takes over and screws things up by trying to be a badass. I don't think it's supposed to be seen that way though.
dave94
AG
H6RBW said:

Okay. That's probably right. Was Jeremiah's body still in the sheet when Jake and Troy drove away? Or was it in the casket? I thought it was still in the sheet - suggesting that there was one body in he sheet and another in the casket. But I may be wrong about that (and I've already deleted the episode off my DVR so I can't go back and check). If it was the casket in the back of the truck with Jake and Troy, that would make a lot more sense (Madison just snuck in to take the head after Jeremiah was in the casket, and Jake and Troy didn't realize it before leaving). That has to be it.

I'm super pissed because I had typed a long post but got kicked off.....so I'll summarize:

- Poor directing in the final moments, but the idea was that the sons took the body wrapped in a sheet in the truck, Madison watched and later went to the barn to take his head (body in coffin). And then she somehow snuck out with the head and met Walker. Terrible attempt at conveying timeshifting in that scene.

- Two hours of characters making horrible decisions... Madison deciding to "rescue" Alicia, which inevitably ended up with dead indians and of course leads to Walker wanting blood. Then Jake takes Ophelia back, should be killed but is instead allowed to go back to the ranch. Then a half-beaten Ophelia is dropped off and taken in. Then, after a brief mention that she worked the kitchen, she is allowed access to their food and poisons the coffee. Then, Madison doesn't kill her, instead goes and finds out it was anthrax and just lets her go then and there. Oh, and then Jake and psycho son just accept that their father shot himself, with Madison just sitting there. Not to mention that Nick shooting him from ten feet away would look a lot different then him shooting himself, even without any forensics expertise in the room.

Ugh, I was trying to give the writers the benefit of the doubt on this show but the last few episodes have been frustratingly rough. I'll watch the next half-season, but my interest is definitely waning, mostly because it's hard to root for the perceived protagonist, Madison at this point.
H6RBW
AG
Quote:

Strand talking to the Cosmonaut was one of the coolest things to happen in either Walking Dead series to date. That was just great.
That was pretty good.
H6RBW
AG
Quote:

Two hours of characters making horrible decisions... Madison deciding to "rescue" Alicia, which inevitably ended up with dead indians and of course leads to Walker wanting blood. Then Jake takes Ophelia back, should be killed but is instead allowed to go back to the ranch. Then a half-beaten Ophelia is dropped off and taken in. Then, after a brief mention that she worked the kitchen, she is allowed access to their food and poisons the coffee. Then, Madison doesn't kill her, instead goes and finds out it was anthrax and just lets her go then and there. Oh, and then Jake and psycho son just accept that their father shot himself, with Madison just sitting there. Not to mention that Nick shooting him from ten feet away would look a lot different then him shooting himself, even without any forensics expertise in the room.
Yeah, there were some problems. When they rescued Alicia, I thought the decision to try and do it, while poor, was at least understandable. But I did kind of roll my eyes at how they pulled it off - how could they drive the truck into the middle of the camp with no one noticing? About Ofelia, I agree, I immediately thought "You're seriously going to put her in charge of your food?" And I did think that it probably wouldn't be too hard to figure out that Jeremiah didn't shoot himself (though I'm not 100% sure we can assume Troy and Jake don't realize it). But none of that bothered me as much as some of the same kind of problems early last season because I think the story was more interesting.
AliasMan02
AG
I always chuckle when people complain about characters in TWD making bad decisions, because in this scenario it's (almost) the only way to advance the story. If the characters acted strategically, (almost) nothing would ever happen.
H6RBW
AG
Second half of the season premiered last weekend. I had it DVR-ed, and just watched it last night.

Kind of an odd start, I thought.

Why did Nick volunteer to Troy that he shot Jeremiah? Didn't get that at all. And, after killing Otto, and then trying to force Troy to surrender, all to preserve the peace - he was pretty quickly recruited back to the side of "we've got to fight" Walker's people. Just seemed disjointed.

Strand, obviously, set the explosion that knocked down the fence at the dam. But how in the world did there just happen to be a group of city residents coming along at just that same moment? Are we supposed to think that Daniel had something to do with them being there, since they were singing the "water queen" song he was singing earlier? Otherwise, that's a really tough coincidence to accept.

The trading post was interesting, though, even if its existence also seems a little unlikely. I also missed how Madison and Walker even knew of its existence. Was that mentioned? And what a terrible decision to give them one of your radios until you've made absolutely certain you've communicated to everyone at the ranch to STOP using theirs.
Aggie Infantry
AG
The stupidity of these people are killing me. It is a lake. Go to the far side and fill up your truck. Same for the town folk... it is a lake!
kapon
AG
I like this season better than last.

Had more, but can't figur out the dadgum spoiler syntax.
toucan82
I was shocked the RV barricade didn't hold up
kapon
AG
Thought Last night's was pretty good!

Alicia
GIG 'EM!
maca1028
This is still on?
Objective Aggie
AG
Fear the Walking Dead was a reverse gateway drug for me.

I so easily gave us FtWD that it convinced me to drop TWD which I easily did after the Glenn fiasco.

Don't miss either show.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.