Fear the Walking Dead - Season 3

7,721 Views | 66 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Objective Aggie
H6RBW
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Starts tonight. Season 1 was disappointing, and the first half of Season 2 got near-unwatchable at a couple points. I was on the verge of giving up on the show, but the second half of Season 2 got quite a bit better. The final episode last season had Travis, Madison and Alicia close to reuniting with Nick, but interestingly, had three members of the original group off totally on their own: Ofelia apparently a prisoner back on the U.S. side of the border, Strand remaining at the hotel after Travis, Madison and Alicia leave, and Daniel....somewhere (no way he died off screen).

So, who else is still with this show?
Clavell
AG
I stopped after 1st season when I realized I was rooting for the zombies.
kapon
AG
I'll watch on DVR, but not a high priority.
Knut
AG
Welp...

SeattleAgJr
did not watch, except to see the start of episode 2.
Philip J Fry
AG
Threw my hands up last season
brew82
I made it through the first episode of season 2 before stopping. Really didn't like any of the characters. Episode that turned me off completely was when Strand and Madison got drunk at the hotel bar, ended up being surrounded by zombies and somehow fought their way out to safety.
et98
AG
This is very difficult to pay attention to. As hard as I try, my mind constantly drifts to other things as I'm watching.

It's just bad storytelling, I suppose. I want to care about this show...I just can't.

I'll probably keep it on the DVR just in case people say it gets better, but there's a great chance that I'll delete them without watching them during my next annual "cleansing of all the unwatched/undeleted crap on my DVR."

Regardless, this board has been un-watchlisted.
H6RBW
AG
Watched the first episode on DVR tonight. It was alright, but one big red warning flag was Troy, at the beginning, asking why they were in Mexico and, if I followed everything correctly, experimenting on Mexicans. If this season turns into some kind of political commentary about Trump and immigration, I will be out in a hurry.

That said, it was really surprising when they killed Travis right at the beginning of the second hour. I mean, he HAS to be dead, right? A neck wound, open gut, and a fall from that height? They can't possibly bring him back after that. It'd be worse than Glenn's fall off the dumpster.

I also laughed out loud at Strand in the parking garage, pulling the dust cover off the car. That was awesome.
et98
H6RBW
AG
So, reading an interview with the showrunner confirms that Travis is, indeed, dead.
Cen-Tex
AG
I believe the show's producer waited too long before airing Season 3. I didn't remember half the stuff from the previous year.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Cen-Tex said:

I believe the show's producer waited too long before airing Season 3. I didn't remember half the stuff from the previous year.
AMC keeps thinking they can get away with this (because they have with other great shows) but they can't with subpar shows like Fear TWD.

I'm also in the boat of trying my best to maintain interest in this show. Still watching though.
REMtx
Pretty much quit when the best actor and character on the show went crazy and killed himself the second season. Already was pretty frustrated with the show at that point.
rshackelford
AG
I'll hang out here in the minority. I actually like the show. Really disappointed at them killing off Travis though. I really felt like he was the "Rick" of this show, and i just cannot wrap my brain around why they took him out. He just felt like the lead role and I'm left fairly confused. But perhaps I'm easily amused. if that's the case I'm fine with it. We like what we like. I think the writing and acting is at least good enough to keep me coming back every weekend
H6RBW
AG
Yeah, something clearly changed there. By killing his ex at the end of season 1, and his son in season 2, it seems clear that they were setting up a darkness and redemption storyline for him (in fact, I think I read something about that in an interview with one of the writers not too long ago). But, instead, "Never mind, you're dead" in the middle of the premiere.
Aggie_Journalist
AG
The actor who played Travis will star in the next four Avatar movies.

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2017/05/09/travis-cliff-dies-fear-the-walking-dead-avatar-/

That might have something to do with it.
Thanks and gig'em
H6RBW
AG
Two things:

1. That would explain it.

2. There's going to be FOUR Avatar movies?
Madmarttigan
AG
Surprised this show is still going I've kind of lost interest in the main walking dead show much less a crappy spin off.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Y'all have fun. I can't do another season of it. See ya when the main show is back.
ClickClack
AG
It's better than watching King of Queens re-runs when I'm falling asleep?

I'm not going to hang on every moment of this show, but it's entertaining enough for me to watch. Although, it WAS more intriguing when it was showing how things went down. Now, things are pretty much done and we're in the same world as the original walking dead, so it doesn't hold as much interest.
Hey, the "protagonist" is talking about taking over an already established place if needed.

This is completely new and original.
At least Liebgott from Band of Brothers classed the show up for a few minutes.
mazzag
AG
REMtx said:

Pretty much quit when the best actor and character on the show went crazy and killed himself the second season. Already was pretty frustrated with the show at that point.

I think he's back.
H6RBW
AG
Glad to see him back. Knew they couldn't have killed him off-screen. Wonder if he's still crazy?

Did not understand the Troy-Nick scene. How did we go from I'm-on-the-verge-of-killing-you to giggling while I tear up your notebook?
H6RBW
AG
Pretty good episode tonight, I thought - even if my eyes did almost roll out of my head at the lightning strike zombie kill. I thought they did a good job of showing Daniel reluctantly rationalizing his return to his "Sombra Negra" days until he just couldn't bring himself to kill the water treatment lady (missed her name at the beginning of the episode).
mazzag
AG
Daniel's story back was much better than Morgan's. I can get past the cheesy lightening strike.
Proc92
Did Univision buy this show?
rshackelford
AG
I actually thought Sunday's episode was one of the better episodes in any season of either TWD or Fear combined. Really well done. Salazar has definitely become my favorite character. Very well written, developed, and executed. Didn't even realize the entire episode was in Spanish until they mentioned it on Talking Dead. I don't speak Spanish but I can pick up on about 50% of it without reading, so its not as if the episode had been in mandarin or something. Well done though
maca1028
Just finished the season premiere....took me 2 weeks but I finished it.
H6RBW
AG
Just watched Sunday's episode on DVR. I thought it was good, but I'm now more worried about the possibility I mentioned earlier in the thread that the season ends up turning into some kind of commentary on immigration and Trump. Really hope they don't do that.

Wondering why this new group lead by Walker would've bothered with hauling the wrecked helicopter away. Seems like a ton of work that wouldn't serve any purpose unless you have both another helicopter or a bunch of helicopter parts, and a helicopter mechanic.

It was also a little creepy seeing the hotel dark and overrun. How long has Strand been away? A week? Two, tops?

H6RBW
AG
Another good episode tonight. It's a shame the first half of season 2 was so bad that they chased off a bunch of their audience. Because it's pretty good right now.
AliasMan02
AG
H6RBW said:

Wondering why this new group lead by Walker would've bothered with hauling the wrecked helicopter away. Seems like a ton of work that wouldn't serve any purpose unless you have both another helicopter or a bunch of helicopter parts, and a helicopter mechanic.

Because they're doing a whole "Indians use every part of the animal" thing.

This has been pretty good so far this season. Boiling the core group down to just the family was a good call. Not totally on board with the Deus ex return of Daniel, but it's worth it to have him and Strand playing off each other.
H6RBW
AG
Quote:

Because they're doing a whole "Indians use every part of the animal" thing.
Maybe. If so, kind of lame.
Ghost91
This is the second episode in a row where a group has tried to sneak up on their destination (house last time, RV this time) by driving in at 100mph and coming to a screeching halt 10 feet from the house/RV. Then they all bail out and slam truck doors and holler at each other and make a big show of noisily cocking guns etc.....and then start tiptoeing 5 feet over to the place they want to sneak up on.

So so bad.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.