*** House of Cards: Season 5 ***

13,274 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by hatchback
dlp3719
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Releases tomorrow (5/30). I'm so pumped to see what this season holds.

I'm guessing Frank stirs up fear in the American people to win the election.
FTA03
AG
You realize today is 5/28 right?
k20dub
AG
Just finished rewatching the last episode of last season. Holy crap that last monologue. Can't wait!
20ag07
WhyTF are the releasing this on a Tuesday? Netflix always releases new shows on Friday. Wanted to tear through this over the holiday weekend, and it's inexplicably coming out the day after.

Also do not understand Netflix's current release schedule. In like a 5 week period, they are dropping Master of None, Kimmy Schmidt, Bloodline, House of Cards, and Orange is the New Black, almost all of their biggest established shows excluding Marvel back to back to back. Why they aren't spacing them out a bit and letting them breathe, I can't figure out. It's like they are trying to prove they are the equivalent of a fully stocked network this summer, but there has to be a drought coming that could have benefitted from a spread.
Joseph Parrish
AG
20ag07 said:

WhyTF are the releasing this on a Tuesday? Netflix always releases new shows on Friday. Wanted to tear through this over the holiday weekend, and it's inexplicably coming out the day after.

Also do not understand Netflix's current release schedule. In like a 5 week period, they are dropping Master of None, Kimmy Schmidt, Bloodline, House of Cards, and Orange is the New Black, almost all of their biggest established shows excluding Marvel back to back to back. Why they aren't spacing them out a bit and letting them breathe, I can't figure out. It's like they are trying to prove they are the equivalent of a fully stocked network this summer, but there has to be a drought coming that could have benefitted from a spread.
Maybe they have holiday weekends too.
20ag07
That "holiday weekend" didn't stop them from dropping Bloodlines on Friday. And Tuesday 5/30 for them means midnight on Memorial Day Monday, so somebody has to come in and push a button on a holiday.
Smokedraw01
20ag07 said:

That "holiday weekend" didn't stop them from dropping Bloodlines on Friday. And Tuesday 5/30 for them means midnight on Memorial Day Monday, so somebody has to come in and push a button on a holiday.

Is it that big of deal? Just watching them at your leisure.
CFTXAG10
AG
It is finally here
chipotle
dlp3719
AG
Can I put the kids to bed early so I get more in?
AgMarauder04
AG
I'm done. It's a good show, but it's outlived it's usefulness.

This vile powercouple just kills everyone in their way and inexplicably NEVER GETS CAUGHT

The schtick is old and tired and Netflix just keeps cranking out the same crap. It's unoriginal, campy, and played out.
MelvinUdall
AgMarauder04 said:

I'm done. It's a good show, but it's outlived it's usefulness.

This vile powercouple just kills everyone in their way and inexplicably NEVER GETS CAUGHT

The schtick is old and tired and Netflix just keeps cranking out the same crap. It's unoriginal, campy, and played out.

I tend to agree with this, I have not been entirely happy with thrilled with the start of this season.
FightinTexasAg15
AG
It was a good entertaining show when it started, but I agree. It's run it's course I think
aggie0959
at some point the house of cards must fall.
P.C. Principal
Have the haters watched the current season yet?
oragator
I have only watched the first episode of the season but thought it was really solid.
AgMarauder04
AG
PC_Principal said:

Yes I have. It's what spurred my post.
HustlerAggie
Is it just me or has Trump altered the writing on the show dramatically in season 5?
(note: only watched the first 2 episodes, so it may change after that)
rononeill
It's amusing how they're having Frank make all these Trumpy moves...
aggiepaintrain
AG
all i know is that speech writer male prostitute is annoying as hell, hope he catches a stray
HustlerAggie
Loving the Double Indemnity cameo in episode 3...
dlp3719
AG
The creator and show runner Beau Willimon did leave the show after season 4. Two of the original writers are now co-showrunners.

I did expect the writing to have a little different feel to it.
P.C. Principal
AgMarauder04 said:

PC_Principal said:

Damn are you already finished? Binge it yesterday?

I just finished Ep 1 and thought it was solid
AgMarauder04
AG
PC_Principal said:

AgMarauder04 said:

PC_Principal said:

Damn are you already finished? Binge it yesterday?

I just finished Ep 1 and thought it was solid

Yup. Binged it while working from home and family out. Don't get me wrong, it's still entertaining, it's just the end result. Netflix is just stretching it out as long as they can. They need to finish the story.
P.C. Principal
I agree in the sense that it's good to wrap shows up on a high note rather than letting them go on too long, and let them lose quality.

*cough*Dexter*cough*
claym711
AG
Awesome show. Haters hate
agfan2013
AG
3 episodes in and I'm still enjoying it so far. It's not seasons 1 or 2 good, but it's also not season 3 level bad.

But I will agree that unless they can find some new ways to create drama/conflict, the current writing of it is going to start dragging out and they'll need to wrap things up somewhat soon. At the current pace I don't see how they'd go past this season or this one and one more.
claym711
AG
It's an obvious statement about American politics. One with very good acting. Pay attn.
CFTXAG10
AG
I am 10 episodes deep so far in this season. I will say this, I am still hooked and really enjoy the show. I do agree with some that the writers need to come up with a plan versus just stretching it out as long as possible. Some of the plot lines get dragged out, but I still thoroughly enjoy Spacey's acting and Jenayyyy's too.
MaroonStain
AG
I just started S5:E5 and Spacey's prologue is epic.
jschroeder
This season is what Alex Jones dreams about at night.
chick79
AG
Just finished the first episode. Biggest disappointment for me is that Tom Yates is back.
MaroonStain
AG
One of the worst characters on TV....
dlp3719
AG
S5:E4 - loved this line ...

[sp] Congressman: so this is a bribe?
Frank: oh no! A bride is something you can refuse. [/sp]
Garrelli 5000
AG
6 edits and you still said bride twice instead of bribe.

J/K - i know cell phones suck to type on.

Edit: This season is slow. I don't dig all of the inside baseball with the quirky minutia of using the constitution to mess with the election. We finished episode 6 last night.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.