*** OZARK *** (New Netflix Series w/ Jason Bateman)

42,430 Views | 258 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Southlake
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This looks legit. Bateman not only stars, but directs as well, and he certainly seems to have stepped up his game a bit, as this looks very Fincher-esque in terms of tone and cinematography. Count me in.

All ten episode of Ozark hit Netflix on July 21...

Max Power
AG
Looks solid, will watch. He also directed Bad Words, which I really enjoyed, so he's got some skills.
White Liberals=The Worst
Hollywood's assault on the traditional family structure continues, not surprised. Jk...sort of.
TCTTS
AG
AgGrad99
AG
The general story sounds interesting, and I like Bateman, but the reviews all mention how 'obscenely dark' it is.

Not sure Im on board with that. I dont want to feel dirty when I'm done watching a show, and it sounds like that's what Ozark intends for the audience.

(seems like this is a trend lately with shows trying to gain traction)

cr0wbar
AG
Love Bateman. Will binge
walton91
I just heard about this show, and loved the trailer. Anyone watching? How is it?
TCTTS
AG
Have not heard great things. Nothing bad, only that it's average. Was waiting until more people weighed in here to give it a shot.
DG-Ag
AG
Really like Bateman so we will give it a shot.
AggieChemist
AG
Just started it.

"The satisfying sound of your lover smacking the pavement is the only thing that gets me to sleep every night."
starched_bingo
Smoked
walton91
2 episodes in and liking it
cr0wbar
AG
Just finished episode 2 last night and loving it
MD1993
AG
First episode was great. Good anxiety driven show, hope it keeps up.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Yeah I'm a couple episodes in, and I like it a lot.
TCTTS
AG
Nice! Will give it a shot soon.
FL_Ag1998
AG
I'm curious, of those who like it so far, how many of you watched and liked Bloodline? Because that's what I've seen it compared to (and not in a favorable way, more in a, "every character is a miserable SOB that you root against" way).
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I liked the first season, but I can kind of see the parallel. There are a couple of charcters I like though, where even halfway through the first season of Bloodline I wanted them all to shoot themselves.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Gotcha. Yeah, for me the first season of Bloodline was fantastic, and where even the "bad guy" was enjoyable to watch because of the actor's portrayal. But seasons 2 and 3 were horrible and full of nothing but hate-able characters.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Yeah I think the main difference is that Bateman doesn't come off as constantly Holier Than Thou as Chandler did. And there are a couple of the secondary characters that I am enjoying as well.
FL_Ag1998
AG
Thanks, then I'll definitely give it a shot.
walton91
I saw it compared to Breaking Bad when reading up on it. There are some similarities in the feel of the show for sure. We are joining Jason Bateman's character many years into his service to the cartel tho, so he isn't nearly the innocent, in over his head rube that Walt White was at the start of BB. Because of all that I do have BB on my mind watching this one so far. I'm only 2 eps in so I expect that to diminish as the story and characters evolve
MaroonStain
AG
I made it through Ep4 last night. Berg's are settled in and themes started moving forward especially TPT brothers making dumb decisions.
Bunk Moreland
Starting this today
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag
FL_Ag1998 said:

I'm curious, of those who like it so far, how many of you watched and liked Bloodline? Because that's what I've seen it compared to (and not in a favorable way, more in a, "every character is a miserable SOB that you root against" way).

I thought Bloodline was awful, including the first season. It just seemed to drag on. Ozarks is several steps above Bloodline. I think the comparison to Breaking Bad is apt, although clearly BB is the superior show. This show is definitely worth a watch, however.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Cancelled
AG
Easily my favorite show I'm watching.
BurnetAggie99
Great show never watched Bloodline.
AggieOO
Dr. Not Yet Dr. Ag said:

FL_Ag1998 said:

I thought Bloodline was awful, including the first season. It just seemed to drag on. Ozarks is several steps above Bloodline. I think the comparison to Breaking Bad is apt, although clearly BB is the superior show. This show is definitely worth a watch, however.
i agree. I couldn't even finish season 1 of bloodline. It got super boring. Only 4 episodes in on Ozark, but really liking it.
TxKng82
AG
Binged it this weekend. Really enjoyed it. Bateman did a great job. Definitely better than just an average show.
Duncan Idaho
By far the best part has been the pregnant stripper
Bunk Moreland
Just finished ep 6. Gonna call it for the night.

Easy drama to watch. Well done, but nothing earth shattering. That's not a knock either. Well done is tough these days.

And yes, the pregnant stripper was great.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
wrong thread.
Dave Robicheaux
AG
by the way..

Russ Langmore is played by Marc Menchaca.. Former Student class of 96=97(?)

He was also my camp counselor at Laity Lodge Youth Camp ( singing hills represent!) back in the day. Gave us youngins advice on how to flirt with girls, shoot a bow, cook chilli and may or may not have made us do the brownie/milk challenge. great times I remember watching Generation Kill on Netflix and saying out loud " Holy crap that's my camp counselor!" looks like he was in homeland too. thought I would share.

TCTTS
AG
Oh wow that guy's an Aggie? Nice. I definitely recognize his face from some other random stuff as well.
Duncan Idaho
After the turn his character took, are you sure he wasn't in the band?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.