Judge Dredd: Mega-City One (tv project in development)

2,749 Views | 19 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by JYDog90
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://deadline.com/2017/05/judge-dredd-mega-city-one-series-adaptation-im-global-tv-rebellion-1202088620/

Quote:

Judge Dredd: Mega City One will be an ensemble drama that follows a team of Judges futuristic cops invested with the power to be judge, jury, and executioner as they encounter the myriad challenges of a world in which east-coast cities have merged into a giant megalopolis. Despite its 22nd century setting, many of the issues they encounter will have echoes of those today from the dangers of domestic terrorism to the tensions between the ultra-rich and the disenfranchised

More at the link. Mark Stern is apparently also on board, who worked on BSG and Stargate Atlantis.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Quote:

Judge Dredd: Mega City One will be an ensemble drama that follows a team of Judges futuristic cops invested with the power to be judge, jury, and executioner as they encounter the myriad challenges of a world in which east-coast cities have merged into a giant megalopolis.
.....aaaannnnd they lost me.
Duncan Idaho
It will be great and get cancelled after one year.

Dredd is a cursed product
GiveEmHellBill
AG
A Judge Dredd series without Judge Dredd (much less Karl Urban - who has been literally begging for any studio to greenlight a Dredd sequel) does not interest me in the slightest.
bedofbrass33
AG
Quote:

many of the issues they encounter will have echoes of those today from the dangers of domestic terrorism to the tensions between the ultra-rich and the disenfranchised

Lost me here. This will just be more SJW crap.
israeliag
AG
Karl Urban is definitely not involved right? Dude was a terrific Dredd.

I'll likely check it out, it'll probably be on par with Almost Human and as someone else mentioned also be canceled after one year.
wangus12
AG
Yep. Urban was a near perfect incarnation of Dredd. Love that movie
israeliag
AG
I guess we can't rule out Karl Urban, yet.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3438422/karl-urban-return-dredd-mega-city-one/
FL_Ag1998
AG
israeliag said:

I guess we can't rule out Karl Urban, yet.
http://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3438422/karl-urban-return-dredd-mega-city-one/

If Urban is in, then so am I.
israeliag
AG
Bring it to Netflix/Amazon/FX/HBO/etc and keep it to 8-10 episodes and you have a hit on your hands.
FL_Ag1998
AG
israeliag said:

Bring it to Netflix/Amazon/FX/HBO/etc and keep it to 8-10 episodes and you have a hit on your hands.

Yep, to do it justice a Judge Dredd show absolutley HAS to be too hard for network tv.
3 William 56
AG
wangus12 said:

Yep. Urban was a near perfect incarnation of Dredd. Love that movie
Yep, just saw it this weekend and was surprised since I never heard anything about it.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Okay, if....some some insane reason....you still have purchased Dredd on Blu-Ray, I just saw that Amazon has the 3D/Blu-Ray bundle for the ridiculous price of $3.74.

israeliag
AG
A couple updates:

Urban is still in talks with the team.

Quote:

The actor revealed at the Star Trek Las Vegas Convention that he is in talks to appear in the television series [url=http://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2017/05/10/judge-dredd-tv-show-mega-city-one/]Judge Dredd: Mega City One[/url], which is currently in development.

"I am in discussions with them about that," Urban revealed. "I told them that if they write the material and give Dredd something to do and give him a function, I will be there. I would love to."

And some concept art:
CapCityAg89
AG
The rare movie where the reboot was dramatically better than the original. The Stallone version killed the second by sucking so bad.
JYDog90
AG
CapCityAg89 said:

The rare movie where the reboot was dramatically better than the original. The Stallone version killed the second by sucking so bad.

Yeah, but Sandra Bullock in that cop outfit doe...
Formerly Willy Wonka
FL_Ag1998
AG
willie wonka said:

CapCityAg89 said:

Yeah, but Sandra Bullock in that cop outfit doe...

Uhhh, maybe you're trying to be ironic and funny somehow, but pretty sure you're just confusing Dredd with Demolition Man....in which case, how dare you, Demolition Man kicked ass!
Sex Panther
AG
Man, Demolition Man was the ****
The Debt
Quote:

Uhhh, maybe you're trying to be ironic and funny somehow, but pretty sure you're just confusing Dredd with Demolition Man....in which case, how dare you, Demolition Man kicked ass
GiveEmHellBill
AG

JYDog90
AG
You're right. My bad.
Formerly Willy Wonka
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.