Twin Peaks | new season | May 21 | Showtime

3,383 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by MosesHallEnforcer
Bunk Moreland
How long do you want to ignore this user?

Anyone looking forward to this? I'm going to give it a shot, but I have zero expectations.
LegettHall
I actually have season 1--bought it in a moment of extreme weakness and possible insanity.

That is one of the strangest series I have ever seen.

Most likely, I will skip this new version.
TXAG 05
AG
My expectations aren't high, but I'm definitely interested to see where they go with it.

I thought the original was pretty good although very strange. Was a much better show before they solved the murder, after that it went off the rails.
20ag07
I tried the original on Netflix the other day, but couldn't get past the pilot. Too weird and too dated was a bad combo for me. Wanted to like it, just couldn't commit.
SeattleAgJr
Watch the Twin Peaks premiere in the real Twin Peaks

https://seattle.curbed.com/2017/5/12/15626836/twin-peaks-premiere-party-great-northern-hotel
Say Chowdah
AG
Yes.
SeattleAgJr
Bumping. Just now starting to watch.

and for the record, I am predicting this will be significantly underwhelming.

Too much good TV over the last decade, that I do not think Lynch can rise to the challenge.

cone
AG
original season 1 is all-time great
spanky
AG
Haven't looked at all, but who is doing the music for the reboot? The music for the original series was really good.
fretyuioz
Angelo Badalamenti is returning to do the score.

I'm a big fan of the original series. It's definitely an acquired taste, but i enjoy the surrealism and the shows idiosyncrasies.

Haven't seen the new episodes yet, probably will cave and sign up for the 30 day free trial with showtime.
SeattleAgJr
first four episodes are up.

Two from last night, and ShowTime has made the next 2 available as well.
Say Chowdah
AG
Watched the first two. The beginning is really well done!

The plot is slow at first, but I expected that, considering they have 25 years they need to account for (although they don't really account for it, just reintroduce the characters).

It is still weird and scary in parts.

And, because it is Showtime, - boobies!
TXAG 05
AG
It was pretty weird, even for Twin Peaks. Still, interested in seeing where they go with it.
Bunk Moreland
Done with the first 2.

Wow is it weird.

It's been a rough 25 years on some of the cast. Shelly didn't age too horribly. I always thought she was the best looking of all the ladies during the original run.
cone
AG
lovin it

the weirder the better
redd38
AG
I'm watching the original on Netflix, I can't help but see Chandler Bing every time I see the FBI agent.
cone
AG
bump for the last episode, which was stunning
Acesup
Squeeze his hand off!
cone
AG
this is the water

and this is the well
AJ02
AG
If I hear her say "Dougie" one more time I'm going to throw my remote at the TV.
SeattleAgJr
Dougie.
rjhtamu
AG
Really enjoying it so far.
Leggo My Elko
AG
Do I need to have watched the old ones to get the new season?
cone
AG
pumped for tonight

but sad this might be the end of the road
SeattleAgJr
TexjbA&M said:

Do I need to have watched the old ones to get the new season?
yes
fretyuioz
WOW BOB WOW
cone
AG
what year is this?
AJ02
AG
So is Dale now in the past, present, or future? Thoughts?

And did anyone ever explain the glass box in the first episode? Was it something that was meant to "catch" bad Dale and send him back to the red room?
cone
AG
was it meant to catch Dale or Judy?
rjhtamu
AG
My thoughts on the "glass box" from the first episode:

In the 25 years since twin peaks, other "dimensional" doorways have been discovered. The one in the woods outside of Twin Peaks, was just one doorway.

Someone, somehow discovered the one in upper New York and set up a lab to observe and possibly trap anything that tried to come through. The young man was the caretaker of the recording equipment and had no idea that a "sexual act" was a "magical" act that opened doorways (Cooper and Diane's sex act that opened the portal to Odessa, Texas and an alternate reality of Richard and Linda.) and indavertentely let through Judy who killed them both.
cone
AG
totally agree
AJ02
AG
Who did Judy kill? I must've missed that. I know she had a dead guy on her couch, but who was it?
cone
AG
Judy was within Sarah Palmer in the original timeline at the end. bit the head off that dude in the bar.

Judy also killed those two young people f'ing in NYC.
AJ02
AG
Oooohhhh!!!! Completely didn't get that while I was watching it. So now we have the entity that lived inside Evil Dale, and a second entity named Judy who lived in Laura Palmer. Laura Palmer knew and killed herself, and so begins the original Twin Peaks?
MosesHallEnforcer
AG
Just finished this and wanted to bump this thread. I loved this series and it seemed to be full on hardcore lynch. I read there might be a season 3 but seems like a bit of a stretch.

We watched season 1 and 2 before tackling 3 and it season 1 reminded me a lot of True Detective. Seems like a lot of subsequent shows were influenced by S1 of twin peaks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.