Leaked ACL lineup

6,840 Views | 85 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by DonaldFDraper
Pignorant
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Lineup is announced Thursday.

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Made it to Sleighbells with knowing at least one band in each line.
aggiebonzo
AG
It's fake
israeliag
AG
Not real. These a Reddit post that breaks down how/why it's fake.
AggieSouth06
Where's Thugf*cker?
62strat
AG
No ghost? I thought they were festival darlings at this point.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
ACL wishes they had that line-up. ****'s been weak for years.
Punked Shank
AG
Really? I thought this line up lacked substance. I haven't been since 2014 or 2015 but this doesn't seem.very attractive at all...

And you're saying it gets worse?
HeadGames
AG
Frank ocean as a headliner would make me weep.
cr0wbar
AG
I heard Frank Ocean do a live performance on Grammy's(?) a couple years ago and I thought it was a joke. Dude sounded tone deaf?
TXAG 05
AG
coastsrs said:

Really? I thought this line up lacked substance. I haven't been since 2014 or 2015 but this doesn't seem.very attractive at all...

And you're saying it gets worse?

I agree. This would be probably the worst line up ever.
Hickory High
AG
Last year's lineup was awesome.

Also, I'm pretty sure this is the same "leaked" lineup picture that gets circulated every year. It would definitely be pretty weak if that's it.
Sex Panther
AG
That lineup is phenomenal, y'all are nuts... Too bad it's fake. I'm also a giant Gorillaz fan though. Best concert I've ever seen.

The thing that throws it off is Frank Ocean as a headliner (and top billing at that). That's beyond silly.

George Strait would be so amazing at ACL, but that would never happen. And having him on the second line would be ludicrous.
Pylon Cam
AG
This would be the worst lineup ever if so. Post Malone, Porter Robinson and Migos would be the only interesting acts. None of those headliners are good.

Bring back the Chainsmokers - or Drake - or Walk the Moon - or AWOLNATION - or X Ambassadors. I'd take DJ Snake again over any of those headliners also.
Sex Panther
AG
HSFootballAg24 said:

This would be the worst lineup ever if so. Post Malone, Porter Robinson and Migos would be the only interesting acts. None of those headliners are good.

Bring back the Chainsmokers - or Drake - or Walk the Moon - or AWOLNATION - or X Ambassadors. I'd take DJ Snake again over any of those headliners also.

I hope this is a troll... I'm not sure if it is or not
Pylon Cam
AG
Sex Panther said:

HSFootballAg24 said:

Nope. I'm just part of the new generation. That lineup doesn't appeal at all to people my age.
Sex Panther
AG
I think I just got Vadered
AggieOO
HSFootballAg24 said:

Sex Panther said:

HSFootballAg24 said:

Nope. I'm just part of the new generation. That lineup doesn't appeal at all to people my age.
As an old guy, there's plenty on that fake list that is awesome.

Also as an old guy, i'm down with Walk the Moon, AWOLNATION, and X Ambassadors. The chainsmokers and drake are both beyond horrible.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
HSFootballAg24 said:

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Pylon Cam
AG
I can understand your destain for Drake, but I think that the Chainsmokers are awesome.
Professor Frick
AG
Hey leave this guy alone. We all listened to bad music in high school...well, I didn't, but I mean, most people did. He'll grow out of it maybe.
Hickory High
AG
HSFootballAg24 said:

I can understand your destain for Drake, but I think that the Chainsmokers are awesome.

I'm a member of your generation. If this festival turns into nothing but EDM and hip hop, I'll never even look at a lineup poster ever again.

Terrible genres. How about we get some musical instruments at a MUSIC festival?
TXAG 05
AG
Hickory High said:

HSFootballAg24 said:

I'm a member of your generation. If this festival turns into nothing but EDM and hip hop, I'll never even look at a lineup poster ever again.

This. EDM is terrible. I want rock bands at ACL.
Average Joe
AG
Hickory High said:

HSFootballAg24 said:

Yeah, don't care to go to a concert, let alone music festival, that could be pre-recorded and it would be the exact same as a live performance.
Pylon Cam
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Hickory High said:

HSFootballAg24 said:

When did I say that I want EDM? Alternative rock and (some) pop is what I want.
boogieman
AG
People take Migos seriously?
Liquid Wrench
HSFootballAg24 said:

I want to mock you for typing destain instead of disdain, but I guess that would be the Southeast Texas phonetic spelling. If people in Southeast Texas used big words.
TXAG 05
AG
HSFootballAg24 said:

Cstrickland05 said:

Hickory High said:

HSFootballAg24 said:

When did I say that I want EDM? Alternative rock and (some) pop is what I want.

I was agreeing with Hickory's post. Yours was just along for the ride.
Leggo My Elko
AG
ChiliBeans said:

HSFootballAg24 said:

I want to mock you for typing destain instead of disdain, but I guess that would be the Southeast Texas phonetic spelling. If people in Southeast Texas used big words.
I just want to mock him for "Chainsmokers are awesome".
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
boogieman said:

Just Migas.
boogieman
AG
Champ Bailey said:

boogieman said:

Just Migas.
HeadGames
AG
I agree, I'm not a huge fan of Gorillaz, but they have a large collection of music. With them, The XX, and George Strait, that is a broad collection of music from respected artists. I mean how much longer is Elton John going to be touring? He is 70, it would be a must see! I don't think the lineup is as good as 2010-2013, but you would definitely get your money's worth at this festival... if it were real.
TXAG 05
AG
Don't get the appeal of The XX. Saw them at ACL, 2010 or 2011, worst concert I have ever seen.
Sex Panther
AG
It's also just really solid throughout the undercard. Tons of awesome bands. Lord Huron, Local Natives, Empire of the Sun, Tribe Called Quest, Portugal The Man, Run The Jewels, The Head and The Heart, Saint Motel... Then there's actually a ton of really good DJ's if you do want an EDM set mixed in.

I'd be thrilled if that were the lineup...

Also, there is a good chance Gorillaz actually do headline, and I would encourage anyone to go see them if you have a chance. Their Plastic Beach tour 7 years ago was phenomenal. It's such a huge production and there are so many musicians involved. And this tour is going to be even bigger.

I am going to see them in Chicago on July 8. I can't wait.
Sex Panther
AG
Cstrickland05 said:

Don't get the appeal of The XX. Saw them at ACL, 2010 or 2011, worst concert I have ever seen.

I like them, but have heard this as well unfortunately... they are too chill for anything other than an intimate show.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.