*** GLASS *** (Unbreakable / Split Sequel)

9,065 Views | 51 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Hello there
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I still haven't seen Split yet, but news of it being part of the Unbreakable universe was unavoidable. Still, I'm going to avoid this thread until I do see it, and spoilers for both movies should be fair game here.

Regardless, Shyamalan just now made it official. I'm a huge fan of Unbreakable - maybe Shyamalan's last truly great film - and I kind of can't wait to see what he's cooked up with this out-of-the-box approach...

TCTTS
AG
Let us not forget one of the greatest trailers of the century so far...

aTmAg
AG
You missed out on one of the reasons Split was good. I had no idea that was coming until the music started.
Sex Panther
AG
Split was awesome. McAvoy deserves an oscar nom but I'm sure they'll give it to Clooney for just doing himself in whatever movie he makes this year.
TXAG 05
AG
I guess I need to watch Unbreakable again. Can't think of anything all that great about it. Was there even a trademark twist at the end?
Sex Panther
AG
I'm pretty sure it was that Samuel L was actually the bad guy and in fact caused the trainwreck, all to basically try and find a "super hero"

I'd have to watch it again because it's been a long time
TXAG 05
AG
Sex Panther said:

I'm pretty sure it was that Samuel L was actually the bad guy and in fact caused the trainwreck, all to basically try and find a "super hero"

I'd have to watch it again because it's been a long time

But I thought we knew all that pretty early on, or it was at least very obvious.
Simplebay
AG
this. 100% this.

That music hit, and it's like....wait..... wait... if bruce shows up.... i'm done....
TCTTS
AG
We didn't. Jackson's Mr. Glass was super cryptic and kind of eerie, but it was a big surprise in literally the last scene of the movie that he was responsible for terrorists attacks all over the world, trying to find his "opposite." If he could find a superhero, it would give his life - in which he had a terrible bone disease - meaning. He could be the villain to Willis' hero. The whole time you thought he was trying to mentor Willis and coax him into being a superhero for the greater good. In the end, though, it's revealed that it was instead purely for selfish reasons.
Malachi Constant
AG
Is Split worth getting on iTunes?
TajMaballer
AG
I got the Split/Unbreakable twist spoiled from a thread here, so I had an idea that there was some connection. I did get to see it with a friend who had no idea and I got to see his reaction.

Split was luckily a great movie for me and I will be there opening night for Glass!
Rex Racer
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

Yes. Split is a great movie!
MaroonStain
AG
I love Unbreakable and watched it many times. I will definitely check out Split tonight.
AR_Ag95
AG
Rex Racer said:

Blatant Disregard said:

Yes. Split is a great movie!

Definitely!
israeliag
AG
Just caught Split on a flight. What a great little film. Between Logan and Unbreakable/Split there need to be more personal superhero films.

And yeah - McAvoy did not disappoint. What a great performance.
israeliag
AG
A little bit of news on Glass coming out of CinemaCon, where they previewed the first footage of the film:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/glass-m-night-shyamalan-debuts-first-footage-at-cinemacon-1105786

Coming Jan. 18, 2019
TCTTS
AG
First poster. Trailer dropping July 20th at Comic-Con...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Also, glad to have you back, TC.
israeliag
AG
Really looking forward to this.
aTmAg
AG
Btw, I read that Samuel Jackson had no idea split was a sequel of unbreakable until he saw it in the theater.
TCTTS
AG
Thanks. Just popped in to throw up a few news worthy updates, though. Will be back in full after next week.
PaulSimonsGhost
AG
Quote:

'm a huge fan of Unbreakable - maybe Shyamalan's last truly great film

You mean you DIDN'T love The Last Air Bender!?!?
Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting.

Steve McQueen
bigcat22
AG
This got me thinking about unbreakable again, and if I recall, Brice Willis' weakness was water, similar to the alien's weakness in Signs. So what does M. Night have against water?
israeliag
AG
Trailer coming Friday
TCTTS
AG

TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
Trailer dropping in the next hour or so as well...
TCTTS
AG
YES.

This looks fantastic...

AMW2010
AG
Damn that looks soooo good! I loved split, never seen unbreakable, but after that trailer I feel I need to.... kinda funny that they play superheroes in other movies
JDUB08AG
AG
Split was good but man I felt unsettled after watching it
israeliag
AG
So excited. This has the potential of quietly being one of the great cinematic universes. Kinda what DCEU was aiming for with grittiness but so far M Night is 2/2 with these.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This movie looks sick.
bigtruckguy3500
Just saw the trailer, will need to see Split now before I see glass.
Post removed:
by user
YouBet
AG
AMW2010 said:

Damn that looks soooo good! I loved split, never seen unbreakable, but after that trailer I feel I need to.... kinda funny that they play superheroes in other movies
Dude. Unbreakable was awesome. Loved that film.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.