Cirque du Soleil : Kurios

1,983 Views | 25 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TXAGFAN
trueaggie2782
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Saw this show last night at the Sam Houston race park. The only other one we've seen live is Toruk at the Toyota Center. Kurios blew that one away. It had their typical circus stunts displayed in a steam punk style manner. We were entertained from beginning to end. If you get a chance, go check it out. I believe they will still be there for a couple of weeks. Use the promo code HAD15 to get a 15% discount on tickets. You don't need the expensive seats as the farthest seat back is only about 50 feet from stage.
zap
AG
Good deal. We are going Saturday night. I have never seen a Cirque show, so I'm pretty pumped.
CapCityAg89
AG
Cirque is awesome. I've seen 5-6 shows total over about 15 years and they continuously raise the bar. I took my daughters to One in Vegas (they are 14 and 10) so I think as a family we're all in now. Have fun!
fig96
AG
We saw Love in Vegas and it was pretty amazing. Been to several other shows over the years and they've all been outstanding as well.
Ol Jock 99
AG
I've seen a fair number of Cirque shows, and Kurios definitely ranks up there.
trueaggie2782
AG
Arrive 45-60 minutes prior to show. There is a pre-performance on top of the tent at the entrance.
mm98
AG
Went to Kurios on Easter Sunday. Was very entertaining. 9yr old daughter loved it.
rhoswen
AG
I cannot WAIT to see this
Always_Right
AG
Saw them in Vegas, wasn't sure what in the world I was watching but my parents loved it.
Silky Johnston
We saw Ka in Vegas last night and it was the absolute most boring steaming pile of dog sh/t I have ever seen. Please for the love of God, do not waste your time and money on this. I've never seen a Cirque show, but this thing was awful. There were no "wow" moments or stunts. I cannot describe how boring this was. I need to warn the world.
trueaggie2782
AG
That's disappointing. I imagine it would be the equivalent of Toruk then.
zap
AG
Kurios was awesome. Fantastic show.

However, the parking at Sam Houston was rough. I suggest you arrive one hour before show time. We barely made it by the 8:00 pm start.
mm98
AG
Parking was an absolute cluster. Not just for spaces but, for attendants directing people safely. We saw many close calls between cars and pedestrians.

OP, eat before you go. Food is even more expensive than I imagined.
schmendeler
AG
trueaggie2782 said:

Ka was the best one I've seen. silky is full of *****
MooreTrucker
AG
schmendeler said:

trueaggie2782 said:

Ka was the best one I've seen. silky is full of *****
Truth. Ka was amazing!
Silky Johnston
What the f/ck are you talking about? Please tell me what was good about that show? I was honestly bored out my mind and my buddy's GF fell asleep about three times during the show.

There was some semi-cool stuff, but it dragged on forever. Towards the end where the two sides were "fighting" on the vertical wall was neat. But, they did they SAME thing for 15 minutes. All they did was rappel up and down and switch sides for 15 minutes. Over and over again.

The part with the arrows where they would plinko down and then run back up was also neat, but they did the same thing for 15 facking minutes.

The stupid part where the chick with cat ears let out the other guy and played the flutes was awful. Again another 15 minutes of the same thing. Her twirling routine was also not good. The chick that twirled before pep rallys in high school did cooler sh/t than was done during this show.

Read reviews and look at the 1-star reviews. They will say the same thing I am. It was fudging BORING.
schmendeler
AG
Silky Johnston said:

What the f/ck are you talking about? Please tell me what was good about that show? I was honestly bored out my mind and my buddy's GF fell asleep about three times during the show.

There was some semi-cool stuff, but it dragged on forever. Towards the end where the two sides were "fighting" on the vertical wall was neat. But, they did they SAME thing for 15 minutes. All they did was rappel up and down and switch sides for 15 minutes. Over and over again.

The part with the arrows where they would plinko down and then run back up was also neat, but they did the same thing for 15 facking minutes.

The stupid part where the chick with cat ears let out the other guy and played the flutes was awful. Again another 15 minutes of the same thing. Her twirling routine was also not good. The chick that twirled before pep rallys in high school did cooler sh/t than was done during this show.

Read reviews and look at the 1-star reviews. They will say the same thing I am. It was fudging BORING.
you sound like a child.
Silky Johnston
Because I don't like something that you do? Didn't mean to hurt your feelings, little guy.
schmendeler
AG
Silky Johnston said:

Because I don't like something that you do? Didn't mean to hurt your feelings, little guy.
because you sound like you have the attention span of my toddler.
Silky Johnston
This show seems exactly like something that a toddler would enjoy.
HvilleAggie
TP Ag '87
AG
FWIW: My company took us to Ka years ago, not long after it opened. Included folks of all ages, demographics and means. Response across the board was negative. "Boring" and "dragging" were the themes.

Wife and I have been to many Cirque shows. Ka was easily our least liked. Had its moments, to be sure. But weak, comparatively speaking.

Also of note: I think its 1 of only 2 shows to ever suffer an in-performance fatality.
Silky Johnston
They spent 10 minutes making shadow puppets out of their hands in one scene. Does that sound like something worth spending over $100 for? Again, something a toddler would really enjoy.
Hagen95
AG
It's a circus. It's for kids by default.
TXAGFAN
AG
TP Ag '87 said:

FWIW: My company took us to Ka years ago, not long after it opened. Included folks of all ages, demographics and means. Response across the board was negative. "Boring" and "dragging" were the themes.

Wife and I have been to many Cirque shows. Ka was easily our least liked. Had its moments, to be sure. But weak, comparatively speaking.

Also of note: I think its 1 of only 2 shows to ever suffer an in-performance fatality.
Ka is a pretty awful show.
mavsfan4ever
AG
Ka is terrible. I also saw kurios in Dallas. It's better than Ka. I liked it but wasn't just amazed by it.

We went to absinthe last month in Vegas. Hilarious and even the performances were better and more entertaining than the two cirque shows I've seen. I'll probably go see it again on a future Vegas trip.
TXAGFAN
AG
Agree, Absinthe is the BEST show on the strip. Can't wait to go next month.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.