*** STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI ***

377,032 Views | 2709 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ark03
gougler08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Time to drop this from the watch list since I won't be seeing it this weekend...it's been real guys
wesag
AG
gougler08 said:

Time to drop this from the watch list since I won't be seeing it this weekend...it's been real guys

I have an extra IMAX ticket yo. Where you at
Carlo4
AG
Urban Ag said:

I bought tickets for Sunday night. Wife just called. She stopped by the theatre and got them to swap them for the 7:00 showing tonight. Last four seats for that showing. Said it wouldn't be the same if we didn't go opening night.

Now if I can just get her to wear the Leia costume later this could, could vie for one of the greater days of my life.

You, sir, are winning at life.
aggiephoenix02
"Alllmmossst there......"
aggiephoenix02
"Just a few more seconds...."
jr15aggie
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Cutting off liquids now. At least until I get my Collectible cup in the theater, at which point I will sip slowly throughout the movie.

It's scary how some of us think alike!

Anybody else carry dental floss in their pocket... nothing worse than getting that kernel wedged in there 5 minutes into the movie and spending the next 2 hours messing with it!!!
wangus12
AG
Ticket in my hand
AgBQ-00
AG
Just got tickets for Saturday morning. Was not expecting to go until after Christmas!!
gougler08
AG
wesag said:

gougler08 said:

I have an extra IMAX ticket yo. Where you at
Thanks man, but waiting to see it with my dad so I'll just suck it up for a few days
MSFC Aggie
AG
MiniShrike said:

80s Guy said:

wangus12 said:

AggieChemist said:

MiniShrike said:

AggieChemist said:

#1 said:

bobinator said:

Also did you give her a test to verify her Star Wars fandom? Maybe she was just trying to impress you? What if she asks you a bunch of questions? What are her fan theories?

What if... and I don't want to put this in your head and ruin this entire relationship that I'm sure is themed for a Mos Eisley themed wedding... but what if her favorite character is Jar Jar?
That's exactly what I'm worried about. We had dinner last night and I talked about the movie and how excited I was. She began to tell me her favorite ones were the prequels and she even said she doesn't remember all of TFA. I began to cry in the inside. I begged her to go watch TFA before seeing TLJ. She said she was going to watch it today after work. I swear I wish I was making this story up. On the bright side, my sister told me that my brother-in-law bought 2 Imax for this Sunday. My sister hates Star Wars but she's going to put up with it because of what I did.

*I know I made a huge mistake
I hope you close the deal with this one.

Then I hope you post pics so we can all be like

Dude.

Well played.

Well. ****ing. Played.
I'm still ****ing laughing at this

jabberwalkie09
AggieChemist
AG
T minus 2 hours.
nikator
AG
Booked for 11 pm
---------------

"A man without a belly is like a house without a balcony"
- Old Turkish saying
aggiephoenix02
So we can have open talk on this thread later tonight, right? Spoilers are okay on this thread, but not the discussion thread... Correct?
The Collective
AG
aggiephoenix02 said:

So we can have open talk on this thread later tonight, right? Spoilers are okay on this thread, but not the discussion thread... Correct?

Correct.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just sat down in the theater!

jr15aggie
AG
Leaving work now... gonna run some errands, grab a small bite, and get ready for my 7:00 showing... it is time!!!!!
WestAustinAg
AG
jr15aggie said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Cutting off liquids now. At least until I get my Collectible cup in the theater, at which point I will sip slowly throughout the movie.

It's scary how some of us think alike!

Anybody else carry dental floss in their pocket... nothing worse than getting that kernel wedged in there 5 minutes into the movie and spending the next 2 hours messing with it!!!
At TFA i had to leave the damn theater 3 times to pee...I had never had that issue before...so this time i will begin fasting before i go (next wed).
The Collective
AG
WestAustinAg said:

At TFA i had to leave the damn theater 3 times to pee...I had never had that issue before...so this time i will begin fasting before i go (next wed).

I had a damn kidney stone for TFA. Loved the movie, but it was a hell of a time near the end of the show.
vwbug
Watched Jedi Council today, and it seems to me they are hiding their disappointment and saying the company line. That has me worried. They don't seem very enthused.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Welp, showtime in less than 10 minutes. See y'all on the other side!
TCTTS
wangus12
AG
We really need to promote time zone equality damnit
Sapper Redux
80s Guy said:

wangus12 said:

AggieChemist said:

MiniShrike said:

AggieChemist said:

#1 said:

bobinator said:

Also did you give her a test to verify her Star Wars fandom? Maybe she was just trying to impress you? What if she asks you a bunch of questions? What are her fan theories?

What if... and I don't want to put this in your head and ruin this entire relationship that I'm sure is themed for a Mos Eisley themed wedding... but what if her favorite character is Jar Jar?
That's exactly what I'm worried about. We had dinner last night and I talked about the movie and how excited I was. She began to tell me her favorite ones were the prequels and she even said she doesn't remember all of TFA. I began to cry in the inside. I begged her to go watch TFA before seeing TLJ. She said she was going to watch it today after work. I swear I wish I was making this story up. On the bright side, my sister told me that my brother-in-law bought 2 Imax for this Sunday. My sister hates Star Wars but she's going to put up with it because of what I did.

*I know I made a huge mistake
I hope you close the deal with this one.

Then I hope you post pics so we can all be like

Dude.

Well played.

Well. ****ing. Played.
I'm still ****ing laughing at this

AggieChemist
AG
In the theatre. Some chick wearing a Mandalorian costume. She's like 4'7". I asked wasn't she a little short for a Mandalorian? Other nerds laughed at her.
wangus12
AG
We have arrived at the moment we have anticipated for many months. Less than 10 minutes. I'll see you on the other side
Ark03
AG
22 minutes here. Just reclined to watch the previews!
Redstone
AG
Not as good as the Phantom Menace. Hard to post more because they are monitoring screen usage evidently.

Hopefully the Empire will do well here.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Holy ****ing *****

More to come.
TCTTS
AG
Hell yeah.

Heading to the theater now. T-minus one hour and five minutes 'til showtime for me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AGGies0311 said:

You're right, I'm sorry

Get this fake apology out of here. You are a garbage person.

You clearly seeked out spoilers and posted them all here to try to spoil everyone you could. That's just pathetic.

I'll be getting in touch with staff to get you the longest ban possible, hopefully perma.
maca1028
I don't want to wait until Sunday!
TCTTS
AG
Wow. Glad I don't remember a single thing he posted.
The Collective
AG
Looks like it's about to get real in here. I'm out.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, I don't even know how to begin to gather my thoughts. So much to say, so much to process.

Firstly, I'll get the "easy" stuff out of the way. Movie is great. It has a LOT of unexpected twists and turns, and is almost entirely unpredictable. (Provided you weren't spoiled.)

The perfomances were fantastic, especially Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.

However, I do have a few nitpicks. Spoilers below.

1. Phasma was basically a throwaway character. What a waste. (At least she didn't go out like Fett.)

2. Luke was great, but, I am pretty disappointed we never really got to see him kick ass one last time. Sure, that last scene was great, but it kind of sucks we don't see him truly show off his force powers, or show off in a lightsaber fight. Up until the Yoda scene (Yoda!!!), I was not really enjoying his character. I had this vision of a badass Jedi Master Luke in my head, and I'm a little sad we never truly got it. I now completely understand his disappointment with where Rian took his character.

3. Never really got into the whole Canto Bight sequence, though I loved the locale.

4. Guess we'll never know anything about Snoke.

Now, a couple things I loved:

1. Leia using the force to save herself - Holy ****, what a scene!

2. "Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi" hologram - awesome callback. Not ashamed to admit I got teary-eyed when that happened.

3. ****ING YODA!!!!

I'm not ready to rank it yet. It really is true that this movie needs multiple viewings. I am planning on going again on Saturday and may be ready to do so then. (Definitely in the top half of the saga though, fairly sure about that.)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.