Kingsman: The Golden Circle

17,292 Views | 101 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by CowtownAg06
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's the first decent **** I've had in three weeks.

Awesome movie.
Ag Since 83
AG
Really liked it. Same basic formula as the first, but plenty of insane fun. A couple jokes felt flat (mainly I thought that Elton John was a little overused), but overall very funny

I really liked that they gave Eggsy a home life to anchor to emotionally.
Latrobe
AG
Saw it last night. It was ok.

I wasn't expecting anything incredible, but maybe a little let down since the first one totally took me by surprise and this one was just more of the same.

I was with the wife who didn't see the first one and there was plenty lost (mostly just jokes, but at least one pivotal plot moment) by not seeing the first. One of the funniest lines in the movie was just a pedestrian exchange of dialogue, if you didn't see the first one.

There were several laugh out loud moments

I give it 650,000/1,000,000

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
"If you save the world again, well, you know what that means." got a few good chuckles in the theater. Easy to tell who'd seen the first one.
Aggie_Boomin 21
AG
Really liked it a lot. I loved the first one, but I thought this one was actually paced better than the first one. The first one built up and then kind of peeked for me during the church scene and kind of wound down from there (not in a major or bad way), and I thought this one got better and more interesting as it went on.
israeliag
AG
"If you save the world I'll give you back stage passes" was a good sequel to that line in this one, particularly coming from Elton John
israeliag
AG
I'd say this is as much fun as the first one. Great music, good jokes, and action like I've never seen before. that first action piece in particular was incredible - no idea how they managed it but some pretty photo real effects went into it.

toucan82
More movies should use Prince in the soundtrack
hurleyag
AG
Went this weekend and like others have said, it was good. I think I put the first one above it due mostly to the villian. Valentine was a more believable villain and had better motives than Poppy.
Bockaneer
AG
have seen Kingsmen several times although never in the theater

just saw this new one... not sure I'd repeat watch it the same way
Swarely
Killing off Roxy and Merlin I felt was a bad choice. I really liked both those characters
hurleyag
AG
How Roxie ducked under the bed at the last minute I expected her to have survived and show to help later on. Of course they could bring her back if they do a 3rd. We have seen they don't mind having some explanation as to how someone survived when we thought they were for sure dead.
miller0926
AG

I've been listening to Country Roads (took the youtube link out for spoiler reasons) on repeat since I saw it. He went out like a bada$$.
Raggy09
AG
While I was entertained by it, I wouldn't see this again. The movie was entertaining in spots, but overall I found it to be just missing the charm that made the first one special. I found it overlong and even boring more often than not. I don't regret watching it, but the first is better BY FAR.
Swarely
That song has been stuck in my head since I saw the movie.

"Why would I know who your favorite singer is?!"

"It's John Denver!"
Swarely
Potential kings man 3 spoilers

hurleyag said:

How Roxie ducked under the bed at the last minute I expected her to have survived and show to help later on. Of course they could bring her back if they do a 3rd. We have seen they don't mind having some explanation as to how someone survived when we thought they were for sure dead.

'All Matt said to me was "no one dies in the Kingsman universe", so you never know,' Mark said. 'Truth is, it's a wonderful world he's created so maybe, maybe not. I don't know.'
Sex Panther
AG
Saw it last night and thought it was a lot of fun. Really liked Julianne Moore's character.

I noticed that in the opening scene when Eggsy drives the car into the water, there's a restaurant on the water. That same restaurant is in The Man From UNCLE. Is that like a famous place in London? Just thought it was interesting that it appeared in two British spy movies.
Ag Since 83
AG
They said it was Hyde Park, right? There is a restaurant by the water there, but I don't remember what the restaurant in the movie looked like

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dell_Restaurant
Sex Panther
AG
Yep that's it.

Satellite of Love
Swarely said:

Killing off Roxy and Merlin I felt was a bad choice. I really liked both those characters
If anything about this franchise, no one is really dead and gone.
bad_teammate said on 2/10/21:
Just imagine how 1/6 would've played out if DC hadn't had such strict gun laws.

Two people starred his post as of the time of this signature. Those 3 people are allowed to vote in the US.
israeliag
AG
Swarely said:

Potential kings man 3 spoilers

hurleyag said:

'All Matt said to me was "no one dies in the Kingsman universe", so you never know,' Mark said. 'Truth is, it's a wonderful world he's created so maybe, maybe not. I don't know.'
I'd be totally on board with a robo-Mark Strong.

A (sex)robot version of Roxie wouldn't suck either
Bockaneer
AG
israeliag said:

A (sex)robot version of Roxie wouldn't suck either

are you sure about that?
hurleyag
Pendragon12
AG
Saw it today after work. Really enjoyed it. Liked it better than the first movie; plot felt more put together to me. Will watch again when it comes to HBO, etc.
israeliag
AG
jackie childs
Pendragon12 said:

Saw it today after work. Really enjoyed it. Liked it better than the first movie; plot felt more put together to me. Will watch again when it comes to HBO, etc.
I really liked it too...not sure if I liked it more than the original, but part of that was that I had zero expectations for the first one.

but the second one was good, liked the story, thought all the characters were great, and so was the soundtrack
Azariah
AG
Finally saw this with the wife on Friday night. She had to shush me multiple times from laughing too loudly. It was fantastic.
Rex Racer
AG
This franchise is just a fun ride that doesn't take itself seriously at all. Just really entertaining. I hope they keep it going.
TriAg2010
AG
Finally watched this one. Pretty fun. Lots of Elton John in my playlist this week.
Trident 88
AG
I thought the first one was much, much better. Not even close.
Southlake
I kept waiting for Austin Powers to show up somewhere...
Madmarttigan
AG
This one just went over the top of over the top and just felt like a bunch of craziness instead of having the freshness and some of the emotion like the first one.
CowtownAg06
AG
I finally saw this one too and enjoyed it. Probably less than the first but I'm totally in for a third. I was surprised how little they used Tatum given he trailers.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.