Jason Isbell - The Nashville Sound

9,114 Views | 71 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by RABAg04
Jim01
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I love how people through "liberal" out like a 4 letter word, especially when both the songs I think you would be referring to aren't political at all, don't speak to either side, and just call for peace.

"Hope The High Road" - All the song says is that we are divided right now, and the only way to peace is to stop slinging mud and take the high road. It's talking to everyone, not just one side.

"White Man's World" - Again doesn't speak to politics at all. It's a song about perspective and walking in others shoes. It's about humility. It's not speaking to "Oh you should feel guilty for being a white man." Rather it's saying to just look at situations from all sides. To look at one's own pride and position in the world, and recognize others.
Professor Frick
AG
Compassion? Empathy? Perspective? I dunno bro, sounds like some pinko commie libtard agenda to me. My president has taught me that humility is for beta cuck losers
RABAg04
AG
Jim01 said:

They live streamed the Austin City Limits taping tonight on YouTube. Good show but a shorter set than I expected.

Setlist:
Hope The High Road
24 Frames
Codeine
Last of My Kind
The Life You Chose
Chaos And Clothes
Cumberland Gap
White Man's World
If We Were Vampires
Clocks & Spoons (John Prine cover, duet with Amanda Shires)
Anxiety

I watched Amanda's set, then fell asleep waiting on them to change the stage

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.