Record Store Day - The List

1,545 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TP Ag '87
walton91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
List is out! Of course, I'm allergic to waiting in line so by the time I get there any good stuff will be gone.

http://www.recordstoreday.com/SpecialReleases
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Yaaaaas.
nai06
AG
Damn that's a solid list
Jasomania
AG
Solid top to bottom, but lets be real it really had me at the Space Jam Soundtrack
Jim01
AG
My aunt just gave me a box of about 70 vinyl albums. Most of it is Carpenters and random crap, but I'm thinking of getting a cheap record player to play around with vinyl.

Off this list Jason Isbell is the one that pops out at me.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
walton91
Quote:

My aunt just gave me a box of about 70 vinyl albums. Most of it is Carpenters and random crap, but I'm thinking of getting a cheap record player to play around with vinyl

This is exactly how it starts...
Aust Ag
AG
walton91 said:

Quote:

My aunt just gave me a box of about 70 vinyl albums. Most of it is Carpenters and random crap, but I'm thinking of getting a cheap record player to play around with vinyl

My suggestion here would be to invest in a good record player with a diamond needle and some good speakers. My family knew I wanted a record player for my birthday and that I was actively looking, but they beat me to it and bought a somewhat inferior player, a "package". As a result, I don't play as much of my vinyl as I expected.

And of course, I don't want to dump this one as they thought they did really good.
nai06
AG
Today's the day. Post pics of whatever you find today!
Goldie Wilson
I got in line about 15 minutes before Anyone's in Austin opened. I walked away with Neil Young, SRV, Notorious BIG, and Grateful Dead. There were a few others I was looking for and couldn't find. Sadly I missed out on the Space Jam soundtrack, but overall a pretty decent haul.
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Got this from Cactus Music in Houston. A holdover from RSD Black Friday last year.

Goldie Wilson
That reminds me of the Toto album shaped like Africa. I missed out on that one too
texag06ish
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

Got this from Cactus Music in Houston. A holdover from RSD Black Friday last year.

That is badass.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Head Ninja In Charge said:

sporting yeezys. username checks out.
Say Chowdah
AG
Aust Ag said:

walton91 said:

Quote:

My suggestion here would be to invest in a good record player with a diamond needle and some good speakers. My family knew I wanted a record player for my birthday and that I was actively looking, but they beat me to it and bought a somewhat inferior player, a "package". As a result, I don't play as much of my vinyl as I expected.

And of course, I don't want to dump this one as they thought they did really good.

Family as in spouse and kids? Or family as in parents and siblings?

Either scenario, I think they'd understand if you upgraded. Spouse and kids might be difficult but if you aren't enjoying it due to poor sound, tell them they ignited a passion. But tough position, I'm sure, and you have my sympathies.

Also, to the user with the generous aunt: ensure whatever you get has a phono pre-amp. Some turntables have them built in and my experience is a table with the built in sounds better than the external pre-amp unless your receiver is analog ready.
TP Ag '87
AG
The line at Cactus yesterday was crazy all day. I too am allergic to line waiting so never even parked the car.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.