Iron Fist

18,500 Views | 225 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Gregg Papivich
bedofbrass33
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Episode 10, direct quote from Danny when asked by Bukato if he ever learned how to recharge his chi:

"Let's just say my training went a little sideways."

Take it for what it's worth but this is obviously not the super badass Iron Fist y'all want.
bedofbrass33
AG
And the video of the Iron Fist from 1948 shows a complete badass with two brightly glowing fists compared to Danny's weakly glowing single fist and lackadaisical fighting. Maybe Dr. Strange can put him in a time warp to accelerate his training.

Also, mmmmm Colleen. She's a tasty treat.

jabberwalkie09
AG
bedofbrass33 said:

Episode 10, direct quote from Danny when asked by Bukato if he ever learned how to recharge his chi:

"Let's just say my training went a little sideways."

Take it for what it's worth but this is obviously not the super badass Iron Fist y'all want.
I think I mentioned it in a post earlier in this thread, but yeah. To me it was fairly apparent that Danny never fully completed his training to hand the Iron Fist. So to me, as someone who is completely unfamiliar with the comics and had very little expectations, I can buy it and it works for me.
redline248
AG
I guess that's reasonable, but he sure went out of his way to convince everyone, including the audience, that he was already a badass. I've never read his comic, so my expectations for his level of awesome weren't really based on that. Contrast his brash, childish arrogance with Luke Cage's unwillingness to get into fights even though he was a badass. Maybe that dynamic works in the Defenders...
FL_Ag1998
AG
This show could have gone two routes....1) Danny comes back as a badass who's spent years delaying his revenge against his parents murderers so that he can be fully trained and prepared to take them down....or 2) Danny forsakes his training at a semi-early stage to seek his revenge, gets his butt kicked, realizes he needs to complete his training before exacting his revenge, yada, yada, yada.

To be completely honest, the show was so badly written that I'm not sure which route the writers took, but either way, they did a pisspoor job of conveying it.
redline248
AG
As far as I can tell, he didn't leave for revenge at all. Why he left was the most confusing thing about the entire show.
FL_Ag1998
AG
redline248 said:

As far as I can tell, he didn't leave for revenge at all. Why he left was the most confusing thing about the entire show.

Exactly, I have no idea what his initial motivation was.
YouBet
AG
Got through episode 10 and have quit. I'll just pick this up with Defenders.

This show sucks for all of the reasons already covered and is easily the worst of the four shows even with 2H of Luke Cage.

I'll point out one little thing that really bothered me that hasn't been mentioned. Wade went from a badass, corporate mogul to a raging, almost suicidal drug addict from one episode to the next with no bridging at all. That was so nonsensical it's as if 2-3 episodes were cut that explained that transition.
jabberwalkie09
AG
FL_Ag1998 said:

This show could have gone two routes....1) Danny comes back as a badass who's spent years delaying his revenge against his parents murderers so that he can be fully trained and prepared to take them down....or 2) Danny forsakes his training at a semi-early stage to seek his revenge, gets his butt kicked, realizes he needs to complete his training before exacting his revenge, yada, yada, yada.

To be completely honest, the show was so badly written that I'm not sure which route the writers took, but either way, they did a pisspoor job of conveying it.
If they had gone option 1, then the show should have been over in like 5 episodes and The Hand should have been destroyed in New York along with Colleen's Hand group as well. I think they tried that, hero smashes everything in his way, in Luke Cage and that's how we ended up with Diamondback and Shades in the later half. Cottonmouth was probably the best part of that show. It's a shame they killed him off.

A large issue is that they never really detailed why Danny left like redline said, and I don't think anyone will disagree with. His reason for leaving is just never really defined, and is a hanging question. The other issue with Danny is that he is written to have never really matured beyond being a teenager. Which is seemingly a stark contrast to his friend Davos who, despite having some kind of long running envy which caused them to feud, is more mature.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Quote:

He was following a bird. Duh
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
swimmerbabe11
He was looking for answers and wasn't getting them from the abusive monk dudes.

He was emotionally repressed then moving to New York brought out the scared little boy who lost his parents.

He finished enough training to be a badass, but not THE badass.
FL_Ag1998
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

He was looking for answers and wasn't getting them from the abusive monk dudes.

He was emotionally repressed then moving to New York brought out the scared little boy who lost his parents.

He finished enough training to be a badass, but not THE badass.

I applaud your optimism and ability to make lemonade out of a seriously bad group of lemons.
swimmerbabe11
I watch a lot of syfy channel.

I'm really good at *wanting* shows to be good.
redline248
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

bravo
jabberwalkie09
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Syfy has had a bad habit, until recently, greenlighting some real subpar shows. But the channel seems to have gotten on the right track with shows like The Expanse, Killjoys, and Dark Matter.

Now, Scifi actually had some decent programming.
Always_Right
AG
Watched all of Daredevil but wasn't that impressed with it, mainly used it for background noise while working.

Jessica Jones, got 2 episodes in and just couldn't keep watching anymore, I don't necessarily like shows with female leads.

Luke Cage, got through 1 episode and thought it was horrible.

Iron Fist, watched the whole season but wasn't thoroughly impressed, probably wouldn't waste time watching a 2nd season.
Gregg Papivich
Great_I_Am said:

Watched all of Daredevil but wasn't that impressed with it, mainly used it for background noise while working.

Jessica Jones, got 2 episodes in and just couldn't keep watching anymore, I don't necessarily like shows with female leads.

Luke Cage, got through 1 episode and thought it was horrible.

Iron Fist, watched the whole season but wasn't thoroughly impressed, probably wouldn't waste time watching a 2nd season.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.