Joshua Tree 2017 sold out most

11,266 Views | 131 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by bac
drmwvr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That shown rocked
SeattleAgJr
VanZandt92 said:

Quote:

Trump sucks. Most of humanity believes so. Bono would just be calling a spade a spade.

You looking for brownie points?

Trump does suck. I have said that hundreds of times here as a proud #NeverTrumper.

But congrats, I guess.

Ana Bono pontificating all the ****ing time sucks as well #ShutUpAndSing.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Good show. Sounded great from where I was at. Some politics but I didn't think it was overboard. the main recurring theme was that he kept praising the US throughout the show.

I also give them some leash on the political aspect because it's who/what they've always been. That's just part of the deal with U2 and always was. Part of their fabric with some pent up Irish angst from the start.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Killer show. Sound was great on the floor.
Liquid Wrench
Watching the Houston show on youtube. Way better than I expected. I can see why yall went.

Bono really does love America.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Know Your Enemy
AG
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, at one point he just says, "Thank you for giving us a great life" - and it was clear he wasn't just talking about U2 fans but what the opportunity here allowed for them overall. Most bands ass-kiss the audience, but the sincere admiration and thankfulness for the US really came across vs the "hello dallas, you're great fans" type of crap they all do. He did some of that too, but the contrast between it and his comments about America is partly why you could really see the sincerity in his comments about the US.
EMY92
AG
Went for the main stage tonight after going for the B stage on Wednesday.

dave94
AG
That was an amazing show. When they transitioned to the Joshua Tree it actually felt like an almost religious experience. I was there for one of the Fort Worth shows on the original tour and this brought me to such a nostalgic place that I could only stand there in awe.
William K. Klingaman
Such an incredible concert, then it sucked the life out of the room with the social crap. Definitely made sure they hit on the hot buttons, and showing Moochelle and Hilary's faces with other women who have fought for rights sure was in no way overblowing their contributions to society. And what was with the Muslim woman? Was that video showing how awful she has it in the Middle East, or how ultimately it's America's fault?
Know Your Enemy
AG
Did you have a problem with them showing Laura Bush too?
Token
AG
William K. Klingaman said:

Such an incredible concert, then it sucked the life out of the room with the social crap. Definitely made sure they hit on the hot buttons, and showing Moochelle and Hilary's faces with other women who have fought for rights sure was in no way overblowing their contributions to society. And what was with the Muslim woman? Was that video showing how awful she has it in the Middle East, or how ultimately it's America's fault?
moochelle? I think Michelle is in great shape. Let's see photos or your wife? I bet she looks like a sea cow
Kashchei
AG
My brother and I couldn't resist giving Hillary the quadruple bird
Know Your Enemy
AG
Kashchei said:

My brother and I couldn't resist giving Hillary the quadruple bird

You sure showed her.
Aust Ag
AG
I just saw on TV the picture of Bono and G. Bush at his ranch in Crawford, pretty cool.
ATM9000
AG
U2 has been together for like 40 years... 35 of which they've been outwardly social activists... and people still act like Tim Duncan after a foul call when Bono talks about causes at a concert. Agree with his social causes or not, what makes Bono such a great front man is he's a ridiculous human being. Part of being a ridiculous human being is virtue signaling everything about yourself. Basically, a big part of what makes U2 such an incredible show AND spectacle is their social activism.
double aught
AG
Awesome show on the floor last night. Outstanding.

For those who let their "politics" (A better name for it would be human rights activism, and there was very little of it. What there was was somewhat moderate and definitely pro-American.) ruin the concert, I just don't know what to say. I feel sorry for you.
pimplepopper
AG
The only awkward part for me was when my daughter asked me who ***** Riot was when their name flashed across the sceen .
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
One nice aspect of the setlist was that they went to the opposite end of the spectrum vs Houston in by replacing "the little things that give you away" with the super old hit "I Will Follow"
EMY92
AG
Junkhead said:

Did you have a problem with them showing Laura Bush too?
I had an issue with several of the women on the list. Many were on the list due to who they married, not their accomplishments.

• Melinda Gates - married one of the richest men in the world.
  • Laura Bush - married a man who would become president
  • Hillary Clinton - similar to Laura Bush, but she used her husband's popularity to boost her political aspirations. She is one of the most unlikeable people ever to be on the presidential ballot for a major party.

• Lena Dunham - Self proclaimed child molester.

Phat32
AG
Awesome show.

People need to put up their damn phones and watch the concert.
Liquid Wrench
ATM9000 said:

U2 has been together for like 40 years... 35 of which they've been outwardly social activists... and people still act like Tim Duncan after a foul call when Bono talks about causes at a concert. Agree with his social causes or not, what makes Bono such a great front man is he's a ridiculous human being. Part of being a ridiculous human being is virtue signaling everything about yourself. Basically, a big part of what makes U2 such an incredible show AND spectacle is their social activism.
Yeah, I said something similar on the Tine board. You know who he is and shouldn't be surprised.

I thought this bit was great for a number of reasons, primarily because he credited American taxpayers (I don't want to get too political on this board, but I think this is worth a watch regardless of your stripes):
YouBet
AG
Never got upset with bonos politics. I've seen him reach across the aisle enough to know he's more level headed than most of the entertainment world, plus they were molded in politics growing up in the IRA bombing era.

I do question having Lena Dunham on his who's who list of women though. She's a POS of a human and completely worthless. I wonder if he really knows her background....
bac
AG
"The Tine"?
fig96
AG
bac said:

"The Tine"?
Houston. You wouldn't understand.
jrod2181
http://www.wideopencountry.com/u2-makes-late-night-run-to-whataburger/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=partner&utm_term=authtx&utm_campaign=authtx
bac
AG
fig96 said:

bac said:

"The Tine"?
Houston. You wouldn't understand.

I bet I would if someone explained. But since it's that hellhole IDGAS.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.