*** LOGAN *** (Spoilers / Reactions)

27,978 Views | 216 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by cbr
CrazyDayDuck
How long do you want to ignore this user?
double aught said:

Finally saw this last night. (I would've seen it at the theater, but that's a lot harder to pull off when there's a toddler involved in your life). Like someone else said, I've been watching Jackman and Stewart do outstanding work in these roles since my days at A&M, so it's sad to see them go. But what a way to go. Logan and Laura's goodbye....that was rough. Loved the film.

I agree. It was a great flick.

I never really got into the X-Men and Wolverine movies but I thoroughly enjoyed this one.

The father daughter interaction was moving.
texasaggie04
AG
Finally watched this one tonight. Enjoyed Jackman & Stewart, they really are their characters.

Overall I just have this mental block against the X-Men movies because of the timeline issues. They're just chaos, and I very much dislike that. Maybe I'm too invested in trying to make it all make sense, maybe I'm a simpleton... but the whole time I'm watching the movie and thinking:
"ok it's Caliban. Is it the same one as from the Apocalypse movie? What's he doing here now?"
"Why did Xavier pick up Logan cage fighting when that timeline was wiped away?"
"Why is Logan talking about the Statue of Liberty when that also didn't happen anymore?"

And then I start asking questions that I want to care about:
"Who are these kids talking to in Canada?"
"Are mutants gone from everywhere or just the USA?"
"What happened to all the other characters from the last movie, and which iteration of the characters will it actually be this time?"

And then I start to realize that I just don't care. I like the character Wolverine, and I like the character Xavier. And I'm ok with x-23. Everybody else, and the stories, and the timelines... I just can't make myself care. There's supposed to be a Dark Phoenix movie coming out next year. And I don't care because I don't know who the characters will be or what bloody timeline they'll exist in.
Liquid Wrench
People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but actually, from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff.

Once time travel and shifting timelines are introduced, forget about making sense. They're going to do whatever they want.

But I think Logan is best viewed as a stand alone "what if" story anyway. This isn't the Star Wars saga.
Ulrich
Once time travel is introduced, i generally suspend disbelief and just try to enjoy what's on the screen. There's always a hole.
double aught
AG
I'd rather they make the best movie they can and not be beholden to some timeline constraints from five years and two directors ago. It looks like that's what was done with Logan. Heck, they even threw in a pretty creative explanation of any inconsistencies with the comic book stuff.
KidDoc
AG
Watched this finally on HBO last night and good flick, nice send off for two legendary x-men.

The only thing I disagree with on this thread was if the wound from the tree would be enough to finish him. He looked like death warmed over before getting impaled by the tree. That looked like it went through the liver. Getting a large tree limb through the liver would be a significant wound to heal from for sure and, in this specific movie, it seemed like his regeneration juice was just about out as he couldn't even heal from some more superficial wounds even after 2 days passed out in Eden.

Anyhow is was nice to finally see Wolverine inflicting damage with his claws on the screen.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MW03
AG
Slept on this one due to X-Men fatigue. Big mistake. Up there with TDK for me in terms of best super movie.
cbr
AG
Just saw this. Great movie. Not a huge x men fan either. That young girl is an incredibly captivating young actress. And of course Stewart is incredible as always. Ttt for anyone that hasn't seen it and looking for a good movie. Too few these days.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.