*** BRIGHT *** (Will Smith, dir. David Ayer)

16,023 Views | 153 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by fig96
JuliusCaesarAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
israeliag said:

Bright 2: Brighter

"Someone left the lights on.....again"
Raptor
AG
JuliusCaesarAggie said:

israeliag said:

Bright 2: Brighter

"Someone left the lights on.....again"

This post is for Cretaceous Level Subscribers only.

The Debt
Bright 2: Elven Boogaloo
schmendeler
AG
Bright 2: more stuff from other movies
hurleyag
AG
Watched it last night. The debriefing in the hospital had me rolling!
BigTimeAlum
AG
I thought the movie was well done. It was entertaining and I liked the world that they created. I'm glad they ordered a sequel. It defintely left me wanting more story.

I give it a fun popcorn rating.
iceman08
AG
Just watched it, honestly I really liked it. And yea the debriefing scene was awesome.
Muy
AG
Enjoyed it. Sequel might want to center more around someone in the Shield of Light.
The Anchor
AG
Just finished this movie. It took us about 4 nights to finish due to work, sick kids, and other stuff. Maybe that's why my opinion on it is harsh. But it SUCKED.
fig96
AG
The Anchor said:

Just finished this movie. It took us about 4 nights to finish due to work, sick kids, and other stuff. Maybe that's why my opinion on it is harsh. But it SUCKED.
So no context, opinion, or citation of anything from the movie, but it SUCKED.

You'll forgive me if I heavily discount your opinion.
The Anchor
AG
fig96 said:

The Anchor said:

I don't write essays on here. And I was about to write a long response and tell you why I thought it sucked, but I really don't care if you discount my opinion. I do forgive you, though.
fig96
AG
The Anchor said:

fig96 said:

The Anchor said:

I don't write essays on here. And I was about to write a long response and tell you why I thought it sucked, but I really don't care if you discount my opinion. I do forgive you, though.
I hope you feel better after more coffee.
Latrobe
AG
Didn't mind the movie. I think I would have enjoyed it more if Will Smith wasn't the lead. Too big of a star with too much of a set personality/character.

Will Smith is one of those actors who is always Will Smith. Even when he is trying to be serious, I'm expecting a funny line......

In addition, they foreshadowed and then really rushed into, and then out of, his "chosen one" moment. I felt like that could have been done better.

Different actor, and better "big" moment, would have made this a much more intriguing movie. But when you cast Will Smith, I have expectations going into it. (I know exactly what I am going to get with Will Smith acting, and in addition, I am expecting a big time blockbuster movie) Take away Will Smith, and I have zero expectations of an awesome blockbuster.....and I get to watch a new actor play a decent role watch how that actor plays the role of "the chosen one"
The Anchor
AG
fig96 said:

The Anchor said:

fig96 said:

The Anchor said:

I should have added the winky face. I was joking. Not about the essay part, though.
fig96
AG
The Anchor said:

fig96 said:

The Anchor said:

fig96 said:

The Anchor said:

I should have added the winky face. I was joking. Not about the essay part, though.
No worries.

And while I get not wanting to write up a 500 word review, comments like "it SUCKED" don't help anyone and just come off as trolling.

If you don't like it then more power to you, but at least give some sort of context as to why, ya know?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.