Podcast - Up And Vanished

14,864 Views | 124 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by BadMoonRisin
Leggo My Elko
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

If Payne's sanctimonious streak is wearing on you, you get a big dose to start the episode
Yea 3 posts up, I defended him and said I'd cut him some slack and then I had to listen to 5 minutes of him kissing his own ass right out the gate. But aside from that, it was a good episode. I had somewhat written off the suicide note in my head, but that looks like something very important. Obviously, the crux for the remaining mystery is why if so many people knew Ryan & Bo did what they did then why did they keep it secret OR what seems to make more logical sense is that it was kept a secret because they were involved in someway. While we don't know of any hard evidence of others involvement yet, the weird lack of motive on Ryan's part and the extent of the burning of the body ALL in light of the suicide note being corroborated to an extent. This doesn't seem like a simple abduction, murder, disposal type crime.
Adam87inSA
AG
Totally agree. I never bought the narrative of the indictment of Ryan to begin with. It makes a lot more sense that there are many more people involved in the crime, and I believe that the crime scene was the pecan (not PEA-can) orchard. It keeps getting more disturbing. So many people without a basic sense of right vs wrong
TP Ag '87
AG
Done. Unsubscribed. Can't take it any more. Payne's voice + the now proliferation of ads, just too much. Was decent while it lasted.

I'll leave it to this thread to track case's progress.
CDub06
AG
Yup. I'm just here to read the spoilers.
Phrasing
AG
Anyone listen to the last episode? Is it any good?
Leggo My Elko
AG
It was alright, got the now obligatory Payne self righteous BS, then some random stuff about a sheriff's uniform some lady found buried, with no explanation of how it could even be related to anything. Then some actually interesting legal stuff from Phil Holloway on statute of limitations and plea deal stuff as it relates to Bo. At the end of the episode it turns out Bo was just indicted on 3 counts of covering up the murder on the day before the episode was released. They didn't have much time to go into that, but it likely means Bo violated whatever deal he had in place in someway.
aTmLoKi
AG
The intro to the newest podcast reiterates the total DB-ery that is Payne Lindsey.
Leggo My Elko
AG
Yeah it was pretty awful, but after that the episode was pretty good.
Leggo My Elko
AG
Anyone listen to the case evidence from yesterday? Holy S***!
Bo had a LONG private twitter conversation w/ some anonymous lady. She gave the whole thing to Up & Vanished. Pretty much almost the entire hour episode is just the readed of it and as a bonus Payne Lindsey is hardly in the episode at all.

It sounds like he is telling the truth in this conversation to me.
FL_Ag1998
AG
TexjbA&M said:

Anyone listen to the case evidence from yesterday? Holy S***!
Bo had a LONG private twitter conversation w/ some anonymous lady. She gave the whole thing to Up & Vanished. Pretty much almost the entire hour episode is just the readed of it and as a bonus Payne Lindsey is hardly in the episode at all.

It sounds like he is telling the truth in this conversation to me.

Uhh, clif notes of it?
Leggo My Elko
AG
He basically said Ryan wouldn't tell him why he did it, but he believes it was likely sexual fascination or something along those lines. Ryan told him about the murder on Sunday, but he didn't believe him and just thought he was being weird, then when it came out she was missing he asked Ryan again about it and that's when Ryan took him to her body in the orchard on Wednesday. Ryan used Bo's truck to go to her house and then take the body to the orchard. He and Ryan started burning her body 4 days after the murder. They watched her body burn for the first 12 hours and kept the fire going for days. He understood it from Ryan that he killed her in her bed. He doesn't know why there would be a glove, he didn't believe Ryan used a glove. Bo said the Lords Pray when they started burning her body.
aTmLoKi
AG
Did anyone end up finishing the season finale? I have it in my queue but have sort of given up on it thinking it'll be the same old Payne stuff.
DG-Ag
AG
aTmLoKi said:

Did anyone end up finishing the season finale? I have it in my queue but have sort of given up on it thinking it'll be the same old Payne stuff.
If you're talking about the 2-part episode 24, I personally thought it was a total waste of time. Was barely able to get through it.
gougler08
AG
I've only listened to Part 1 of it, and it was completely worthless. The whole indictment of Ryan and Bo really made this podcast go downhill fast
Hudson2508
AG
Waste of time. He ends it with a wild ass heresay theory that has zero evidence behind it. I'd pass but might as well listen if you lasted this long. I'd probably skip part 1 though.
The theory that he ended with didn't seem to hairbrained to me.

My best guess is Tara rolled out to the field party after leaving Troy's BBQ (btw I would listen to a 12 episode podcast just following Troy's life over the course of a UGA football season) and somehow got mixed up with Bo, which led to her accidental death. Remember, her tires had mud on them and the dog was found outside (where it typically stayed when she wasn't home).

Then next day, Bo tells his trusting idiot drunk of a "best friend" Ryan that Ryan did it setting him up to take the fall if they ever get caught. He then drags Ryan around with him to drive the truck back to Tara's house, burn the body etc.

As far as the podcast itself, I didn't mind Payne at all but think he could have streamlined it quite a bit. There was a lot of filler and I found myself hitting the 15 second skip button a ton while he interviewed various experts to school us on basic criminal law or psychology principles.
aTmLoKi
AG
Has anyone started listening to his "Atlanta Monster" podcast yet? I've listened to the first two episodes, which aren't bad.

I also feel the need to subscribe to Blue Apron again.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Jury selection is happening in this case now if anyone is interested.

https://www.walb.com/2022/05/04/jury-selection-tara-grinstead-death-trial-still-underway/
Leggo My Elko
AG
Dang, what a bump! Hadn't thought about this in like 4 years. Apparently I had some opinions and insights back then, and now I can barely remember basics of it all.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Ryan Duke was acquitted of the murder, but found guilty for concealing the death.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/georgia-tara-grinstead-trial-ryan-duke-acquitted-murder

Bo Dukes was sentenced for 25 years for helping him bury the body, though.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.