Fargo - Season 3

53,489 Views | 519 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Sex Panther
COOL LASER FALCON
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Best show on TV returns April 19th. Hope the long wait was worth it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/02/22/fargo-season-3-debuting-in-april

Quote:

Now filming in Canada, Fargo: Season 3, set in 2010, stars Ewan McGregor, alongside The Leftovers' Carrie Coon, 10 Cloverfield Lane's Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Harry Potter's David Thewlis.

McGregor will actually play two roles: "Parking Lot King of Minnesota" Emmit and his younger brother Ray. Their rivalry in Fargo will lead to "murder, mobsters and cut-throat competitive bridge," according to FX.
TXAG 05
LHIOB
AG
I cant imagine S3 being as good as 1&2 because that would just be too hard. If they pull it off it will be one of the best shows of all time.
schmendeler
AG
do they usually re-broadcast previous seasons ahead of time like AMC does/did? I would like to get into it, and I don't' see it on amazon or Netflix.
COOL LASER FALCON
They are on Hulu. I don't know if FX typically reairs them though.

The good news is that each season is pretty standalone. There will be nods to previous seasons, but you don't need the backstory. I think this season will be less connected than 1 and 2 were.
COOL LASER FALCON
LHIOB said:

I cant imagine S3 being as good as 1&2 because that would just be too hard. If they pull it off it will be one of the best shows of all time.
I preferred season 1 to 2, which I know puts me in the minority, but I'm really excited about this season.

From one of the EPs:

Quote:

"I think the important thing about year three is there's more intimacy. We're a smaller cast in year three and so that allows us to go deeper with each and every one of these characters. [Creator] Noah [Hawley] is very focused on not repeating himself. Year two was a large war and so we are very focused on these characters

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/01/13/how-fargo-season-3-will-connect-to-past-seasons
LHIOB
AG
I need to go back and rewatch both but I think I too liked S1 better. Its really close either way.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Best show on tv right now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Can Netflix just buy this show? Hulu is not going to beat Netflix. They can hardly keep up as it is.
Professor Frick
AG
Quote:

Harry Potter's David Thewlis

You mean Knox Harrington? The video artist?!

I'm in.
DG-Ag
AG
COOL LASER FALCON said:

The good news is that each season is pretty standalone. There will be nods to previous seasons, but you don't need the backstory. I think this season will be less connected than 1 and 2 were.
Is season 2 on Hulu? Last time I checked I thought I only saw Season 1.
fig96
AG
Man, way sooner than I expected, awesome.

Can it get better, or even be as good? We'll see.

And S1 vs S2 is almost too close to call. S1 was an awesome, slow burn while S2 was just nuts.
CorpsAg11
AG
Favorite show
BQ78
AG
FX did rebroadcast season 1 in its entirety just before the premiere of season 2, so I expect them to do this again, at least with season 2. As stated above season 2 stood on it own with references to season 1 that were more interesting than necessary to follow the plot. If season 3 is like season 2, however, you might be better off watching Cohen Brother films for the many more homages to them, than season 1.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
DG-Ag said:

COOL LASER FALCON said:

No. Only Season 1 - I just streamed it.

I'm about to watch Season 2 - it appears the only current online source is Amazon for 19.99.

Really good show - I had heard about it for a long time of course, but I literally only knew about Billy Bob Thornton in it. Having just watched Goliath I gave it a try. And yeah it was really really good.

Honestly had no idea about anyone else in it - so great to see Bob Odenkirk and what a great role for him, so fun to see him as something other than Saul.

Had no idea Martin Freeman was in it either actually, also loved his character. And Colin Hanks and Oliver Platt. Plus Key and Peele were kinda funny and Adam Goldberg was really good too in small roles. Just a bunch of great roles and performances.

The cinematography and story and everything was great. Just a few little incredulous kind of things but it wasn;t a big distraction.
DG-Ag
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

DG-Ag said:

COOL LASER FALCON said:

No. Only Season 1 - I just streamed it.

I'm about to watch Season 2 - it appears the only current online source is Amazon for 19.99.

Really good show - I had heard about it for a long time of course, but I literally only knew about Billy Bob Thornton in it. Having just watched Goliath I gave it a try. And yeah it was really really good.

Honestly had no idea about anyone else in it - so great to see Bob Odenkirk and what a great role for him, so fun to see him as something other than Saul.

Had no idea Martin Freeman was in it either actually, also loved his character. And Colin Hanks and Oliver Platt. Plus Key and Peele were kinda funny and Adam Goldberg was really good too in small roles. Just a bunch of great roles and performances.

The cinematography and story and everything was great. Just a few little incredulous kind of things but it wasn;t a big distraction.

Okay that's what I thought. I re-watched season 1 a couple weeks ago. One of my all-time favorites. Billy Bob may be nuttier than a fruitcake but he knocked it out of the park on this one. I still give a slight - very slight - edge to season 1.
DanHo2010
AG
Gotta be honest, I hope there's no aliens this time.
Bruce Almighty
AG
DanHo2010 said:

There may not be aliens, but there'll be something freakish, like the raining fish in season 1
Complete Idiot
wesag
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Can Netflix just buy this show? Hulu is not going to beat Netflix. They can hardly keep up as it is.

I tried Hulu for a month then canceled.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
wesag said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

I tried Hulu for a month then canceled.

Better than that....they offer a free trial for 1 week on Hulu.

I was able to binge both Fargo Season 1 and the 11.22.63 Stephen King miniseries in 1 week. then put my account on hold.

$0
fig96
AG
fig96
AG
GiveEmHellBill
AG
fig96 said:

Ho

Lee

Sh*t

That's Ewan McGregor. It looked like William Hurt at first. I am so in.
fig96
AG
I know, took me a minute to realize that was him. Wow.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

There were some interesting promos during The Americans season debut last night on FX.

they had that preview...but several other things that were more like just eerie/mood short promos without any characters in them.

I'll see if I can find some stills.

MarathonAg03
AG
DanHo2010 said:

I didn't like that bit either, but somehow it did nothing to detract from the season for me. In fact, until you mentioned it, I'd completely forgotten about it.
DG-Ag
AG
Speaking of the whole aliens thing from season 2 - wasn't there a scene in one of the last couple of episodes where the sheriff's little girls was sitting at the table drawing pictures of aliens or spaceships? Maybe fuzzy recollections. That's why I always thought they were going somewhere with it.
Big Cat `93
AG
I saw that diner spot last night and thought it was Buffalo Bill.
LHIOB
AG
He looks like Woody in King Pin
Whos Juan
AG
DanHo2010 said:

But it gave us, in my opinion, the funniest line of the season.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aliens isn't exactly some big spoiler...it's introduced in the first 10 minutes of the first episode.

i knew about it before watching and.....meh. it ruined nothing.
mazzag
AG
So hulu is my only option to watch season 1 again.
It seems it's not even on FXNow.
Bobcat06
AG
Is Ewan McGregor playing Hanzee Dent/Moses Tripoli?
Bunk Moreland
Can't wait/gif

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.