Most underrated movie?

3,842 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by LegettHall
Urban Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also agree with This is 40 but I can see how it is not all that popular as it really only appeals to a very specific demographic. But my wife and were/are in that same age and stage in life so it hit home for us.

And I absolutely love Leslie Mann

LHIOB
AG
Written by QT and directed by Tony Scott

A few more from IMDb:

Chris Penn
The GREAT Kevin Corrigan
Paul Ben-Victor
Michael Beach
Sapper Redux
Dark City is my vote. Though I heartily agree with some of the other selections.
powerbelly
AG
Urban Ag said:

Also agree with This is 40 but I can see how it is not all that popular as it really only appeals to a very specific demographic. But my wife and were/are in that same age and stage in life so it hit home for us.

And I absolutely love Leslie Mann

I think this makes This is 40 properly rated. Only a very small demo really enjoyed it.
tamuangry
Gattica
schmendeler
AG
Dr. Watson said:

Dark City is my vote. Though I heartily agree with some of the other selections.
love this movie. no one I talk to has ever heard of it.
fig96
AG
Gattaca, but absolutely. Really fantastic film, beautifully shot with some great storytelling and great performances. It's also seeming more and more relevant.

biobioprof
The 1967 version of Bedazzled. Spoilers at the wikipedia link.

One of the first movie appearances for Raquel Welch (as Lust), btw. Interesting that Welch and Dudley Moore went on to bigger fame, but Peter Cook as the Devil is the best part of the movie.
TajMaballer
AG
Scott Pilgrim gets love now, but it flopped financially in the theaters only making 47.7 million WORLDWIDE! One of my favorite comic book movies that leans into it being a comic book movie.
LegettHall
Perfume: The Story of a Murderer (2006), Hoffman, more importantly Ben Whishaw as Jean-Baptist Grenouille, the murderer. The book is wonderful, and the movie is very good.

For Whom the Bell Tolls, Cooper and Ingrid Bergman are electric together, and it has a great plot.

Tootsie, his/her final speech is hilarious, the entire movie is good.

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid ("Don't they ever get tired, don't they ever eat?")

The Best Years of Our Lives (1946), if you have yet to see this one, it is more than worth watching.

The Others (2001) Nicole Kidman is brilliant; she carries the movie. She should have won an Oscar.

The Hours, Kidman as Virginia Woolf in 1923, Julianne Moore as Laura Brown in 1951, Meryl Streep as Clarissa Vaughan in 2001. It isn't easy, but it is great, and Kidman is again superb.

Dial M for Murder and lust after Grace Kelly.

The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, with Craig.

One True Thing, Renee Zellweger is the star of this one.

LegettHall
The Rainmaker, Damon, it is long and good.

Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows
LegettHall
Sleepers (1996), Pitt, Hoffman, Robert De Niro, Kevin Bacon, Mini Driver
LegettHall
Head Ninja In Charge said:

I think 50/50 is underrated as hell. Two pretty big stars (Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Seth Rogen), great reviews, and barely made a dent in the box office and people always forget about it. Such a good movie.

Anna Kendrick is easy on the eyes, too. Good movie.

LegettHall
Ag_07 said:

This is 40 - Just a genius movie
Cinderella Man - Not sure how this doesn't ever get mentioned with great sports movies like Rudy, Hoosiers, etc. It really is one of the best and could give any of the great ones a run for it's money.

Cinderella Man is outstanding. Braddock was a rising star until he broke his hand, and the flick also shows how difficult it was for people in a city to survive the Depression. My people are from the country. They were broke, but they had gardens, food to eat.

Hoosiers is another favorite of mine.

Rudy, not at all. I hate Notre Dame and cannot get past that. I am sure it is good if I did get by it.
LegettHall
I like The Accused, Jodie Foster

Winter's Bones, Jennifer Lawrence is, to me, underrated

Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.