Did Y'all See This? Re: Jack Ryan

4,297 Views | 52 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TXAG 05
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stive said:

MooreTrucker said:

Ford was a good Ryan for me, but yeah, Willem Dafoe is NOT Clark.

Sum of all Fears could have been a good movie, especially since it was so closely lined up with actual 9/11 events. But i only ever saw it once and couldn't tell you a thing about it. Didn't Affleck play Ryan in that one?

Speaking of Clark, I wouldn't mind seeing Without Remorse or Rainbow Six as films.

Did you mean Debt of Honor? Or do I have them out of order?
Ooops. Yeah, Debt of Honor. The comments about Germans and Muslims didn't fit what I was thinking of, that featured a Japanese pilot....
AtlAg05
AG
I would love to see Rainbow 6 or Without Remorse as a movie.

Rainbow 6 could be a good movie, only issue I can see is who would be the lead actor on the team to make people want to see it? I assume it would need to be Chavez with a strong but older Clark as well.

Without Remorse would be my top pick, Kelly in my mind is a less robot-like Jason Bourne. It would be a challenge to fit the whole drug dealers story and Vietnam (or wherever depending on timeframe) into a single movie. But if you are trying to show how Clark is created you have to show both sides.
Solo Tetherball Champ
Am I the only one not excited about any new "Jack Ryan-verse" adaptations? Those were a product of the cold war that worked best under the shadow of the cold war and the near aftermath. I would love for them to actually make these movies/serials as period pieces within the 80s and 90s.
TXAG 05
AG
Solo Tetherball Champ said:

Am I the only one not excited about any new "Jack Ryan-verse" adaptations? Those were a product of the cold war that worked best under the shadow of the cold war and the near aftermath. I would love for them to actually make these movies/serials as period pieces within the 80s and 90s.

Agreed. Would much rather the show be set in the time period of the books.
LeonardSkinner
Maybe it's an oversimplification, but my initial thought upon reading "10 hour movie broken into parts" is that it's going to come off a little bit like 24.
Stive
AG
That's possible, but 24 was action based. Most of the Jack Ryan series is cerebral based (at least that's how I perceived them).
Al Bula
AG
Well, I guess you had to see this thread turning into a circle jerk about Tom Clancy character portrayals.
MooreTrucker
AG
And?
Solo Tetherball Champ
Quote:

That's possible, but 24 was action based. Most of the Jack Ryan series is cerebral based (at least that's how I perceived them).
He was a thinker who often found himself shoved into scenarios where he was forced into action. Because of his brief stint in the marines, he was better mentally prepared for those types of situations than your average joe but it still wasn't his comfort zone. I think the middle aged Harrison Ford portrayed that part of him best, even if Hunt for Red October was the best overall Clancy adaption (Not the least for its quotability).
AtlAg05
AG
I liked Ford's protrayal as well, he's a smart guy and Marine but he's not Jason Bourne. Alec was pretty good too fitting that mold.
agfan2013
AG
I dont know about Rainbow Six as a TV series, you'd need some good filler with drama between the team or something going on behind the scenes. It cant all just be training and then taking out the eco terrorists for every single episode. I think that R6 would make a good movie though.

On the other hand, I would love to see a Jack Ryan Jr. TV series. Plenty of drama and action with them at the campus headquarters and then out in the field. That would be awesome.

I have amazon prime so I'll likely check out this out as I really like the Tom Clancy universe.
PatAg
AG
I think Krasinski will do a good job. He's not always just Jim from the office.

I think I want to see Micheal Pena as Ding Chavez and I want to see Rainbow 6 as a series or movie badly
Stive
AG
PatAg said:

I think I want to see Micheal Pena as Ding Chavez and I want to see Rainbow 6 as a series or movie badly
I'm guessing the Rainbow Six story would get changed drastically if it were made into a movie. Modern stigmas aren't going to allow a movie like that to make wacko environmentalists into the main bad guys.
Chipotlemonger
AG
/bump
Sapper Redux
Why not? They did it with Kingsman.
Zemira
AG
Stive said:

PatAg said:

I'm guessing the Rainbow Six story would get changed drastically if it were made into a movie. Modern stigmas aren't going to allow a movie like that to make wacko environmentalists into the main bad guys.

That's like saying we are going to make Fahrenheit 451 into a movie again, but we won't burn books because that's bad today.
Dro07
AG
Bet they will never make Fahrenheit 541 ever.
rononeill
I always had the older Clark as Craig T Nelson...
TXAG 05
AG
dromo07 said:

Bet they will never make Fahrenheit 541 ever.

Probably not, being the little known sequel to Fahrenheit 451.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.