*** Better Call Saul - Season 3 ***

259,566 Views | 1845 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by expresswrittenconsent
Cromagnum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The tv drought continues for a couple more months, but at least Saul comes back relatively soon.

MSFC Aggie
AG
Can't wait.

Doesn't Season 3 of Fargo start in mid-April also?
aTmAg
AG
That date on that post got me thinking I missed the start.
Cromagnum
AG
Gus Fring expected in Season 3.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/03/17/inside-breaking-bad-villain-gus-fring-s-explosive-return-to-better-call-saul.html

ce1994
AG
This will be the season this thing takes off. It is time for Saul to emerge. He tried it the right way and his own brother screwed him.
oragator
Review are starting to roll in.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/better-call-saul-season-3-early-reviews-are-in-saul-goodman-gus-fring-bob-odenkirk-breaking-bad-a7653611.html
oragator
Maybe some spoilers here.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/better-call-saul-season-3-review/
oragator
So I have auto record set up for the show and it picked up a five minute preview for the season,
All Gus Fring all the time.
Pro Ag
AG
That preview getting picked up made me sad. I just remembered it started in April and thought it might be an episode.
Liquid Wrench
I'm not watching any previews, reviews, or spoilers. Show will be starting soon enough.

Guess OP was really eager to get the "official" asterisks.
Cromagnum
AG
ChiliBeans said:

I'm not watching any previews, reviews, or spoilers. Show will be starting soon enough.

Guess OP was really eager to get the "official" asterisks.

Was hoping we would talk about the show more honestly. There is nothing worth watching at the moment otherwise.
TX AG 88
AG
Can't wait. My favorite show on TV right now, even slightly above GOT. Well, maybe not quite, but right up there. Love Jimmy/Saul. It's nice to watch a show about a character you like. Despite his flaws, I just like Saul in a Sgt Bilko kind of way.
Morpholino
AG
Let's do this.

AggieSouth06
ce1994 said:

This will be the season this thing takes off. It is time for Saul to emerge. He tried it the right way and his own brother screwed him.

To be fair, it was more a series of escalating reciprocal screwage.
cr0wbar
AG
TONIGHT
The Collective
AG
I haven't followed discussion on this show, because I just binged S1 and S2. The part that confuses me is that he was in New Mexico this whole time. I figured he moved there and changed his identity or something, but he has been there for his entire professional life. Seems strange that he stays there after whatever goes down with his brother.
MattAg06
AG
CJS4715 said:

I haven't followed discussion on this show, because I just binged S1 and S2. The part that confuses me is that he was in New Mexico this whole time. I figured he moved there and changed his identity or something, but he has been there for his entire professional life. Seems strange that he stays there after whatever goes down with his brother.
I've wondered about this myself. He stays in ABQ and re-emerges as Saul Goodman...after pulling that stunt with the billboard in season 1 and having commercials on the air. So the same guy pops up a short time later with a new name, and no one confronts him? Just how bad are the memories of people in New Mexico? I feel like even with him being an ambulance chaser as Saul, some reporter or someone would have put 2+2 together.

But then again, maybe I'm overthinking this...
DG-Ag
AG
MattAg06 said:

CJS4715 said:

I've wondered about this myself. He stays in ABQ and re-emerges as Saul Goodman...after pulling that stunt with the billboard in season 1 and having commercials on the air. So the same guy pops up a short time later with a new name, and no one confronts him? Just how bad are the memories of people in New Meth-ico? I feel like even with him being an ambulance chaser as Saul, some reporter or someone would have put 2+2 together.

FIFY
91_Aggie
AG
MattAg06 said:

CJS4715 said:

I've wondered about this myself. He stays in ABQ and re-emerges as Saul Goodman...after pulling that stunt with the billboard in season 1 and having commercials on the air. So the same guy pops up a short time later with a new name, and no one confronts him? Just how bad are the memories of people in New Mexico? I feel like even with him being an ambulance chaser as Saul, some reporter or someone would have put 2+2 together.

he became a guy who employed criminals and people wanting to get rich from being in an accident. I'm pretty sure his clientele were not worried that he used to have a different name.
Wildmen06
AG
its not like its a secret that he used to be McGill, hell he tells Walter White when the first meet that his name is really McGill and the whole Saul thing is just a charade.
The Collective
AG
So, there really is no fallout from this whole charade with his brother then. That's my point. He doesn't even have to leave town and get away from all of his former law associates (though, clearly, I guess they will stay far away from him).
LHIOB
AG
I know people are dying for Jimmy to become Saul but once thats happens the show will be closer to the end. I love this world with Mike, Jimmy Kim and Chuck.
Saul Goodman
AG
LHIOB said:

I know people are dying for Jimmy to become Saul but once thats happens the show will be closer to the end. I love this world with Mike, Jimmy Kim and Chuck.
Agreed - I've enjoyed the slow-burn nature of the first two seasons.
TexasAggie008
AG
I may be in the minority of people, and actually want a lot of the breaking bad-specific back story (as it pertains to saul, mike and gus), and can live without the other law-related characters having as much of a central role.

Now, I also don't want forced breaking bad just for the sake of doing it, but there is a lot of material to cover on mike and gus IMO, how they get from right now to the first day we meet them in breaking bad.
Ag_07
AG
I know one thing...I wish they wouldn't wait so GD long between seasons because I don't remember too much. I had to go back and read some of the episode recaps.
DG-Ag
AG
Ag_07 said:

I know one thing...I wish they wouldn't wait so GD long between seasons because I don't remember too much. I had to go back and read some of the episode recaps.
I'm with you. I think I may go back and watch season 2 first. Is it on hulu?
coop-aero-06
AG
Ag_07 said:

I went back and watched Season 1 and 2 on Netfilx in preparation for Season 3, and I'm really glad I did. I came to appreciate the show even more after re-watching it.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Quote:

So the same guy pops up a short time later with a new name, and no one confronts him? Just how bad are the memories of people in New Mexico?
Do you recall the scenes of the type of people in his waiting room in Breaking Bad? Not a clientele that would notice or care.
Dr. Horrible
They're doing a marathon right now for anyone interested.
MattAg06
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Quote:

So the same guy pops up a short time later with a new name, and no one confronts him? Just how bad are the memories of people in New Mexico?
Do you recall the scenes of the type of people in his waiting room in Breaking Bad? Not a clientele that would notice or care.
Not really referring to his clientele, just seems kind of unrealistic someone could just start using a different name and there wouldn't be any questions. Minor pet peeve, nothing more.
Burdizzo
AG
Watching
Bunk Moreland
Here we go.
Mr.Bond
Know Your Enemy
AgsWin2011
AG
Anyone catch the old lady talking about flowers mention Lilly's of the Valley?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.